McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good gosh that saw is beautiful! I could be wrong but I thought the very last of the 10 series saws had a little plastic 90 degree elbow on carb and a different style fuel that fit through a smaller hole in the tank?

I had a 10-10s like this and was told it was one of the last ones built.

Good gosh that saw is beautiful! I could be wrong but I thought the very last of the 10 series saws had a little plastic 90 degree elbow on carb and a different style fuel that fit through a smaller hole in the tank?

10-10s yes but I haven't seen one in a 700 with that.
The most significant difference is a foot on the bottom of the clutch cover under the muffler, was cast in to prevent forest fires most guys thought it made the saw run hot so it was hack sawed off, is what I was told by the dealer.

10-10s yes but I haven't seen one in a 700 with that.
The most significant difference is a foot on the bottom of the clutch cover under the muffler, was cast in to prevent forest fires most guys thought it made the saw run hot so it was hack sawed off, is what I was told by the dealer.

I have a 700 like that and it doesn't have the molded fuel line. I think it was a piece of 1/4" OD tygon I used.

That particular model was produced from 1982 to 1992.

I could look at the serial number to see where it falls with yours if you would find that interesting.

Nice specimen you have there. They run really strong.

I suspect mine is a little later as the crankcase and oil tank and cover are gray.

Thanks fossil! Are these the seals used on all 10 series Macs or are there models that use something different?

Nope. Some use the MAC PN 67906 on the FW side but not many. The late 10-10S uses that seal and maybe others.

@heimannm posted pics of that seal. I can't remember if the OD on the seals was larger or smaller. They are available in presently made aftermarket seals.

The PTO side seals are all the same as far as I know.

Interesting you say that fossil cause I was actually thinking about it and I think I also had a 700 with same set up as that 10-10s. Here's a pic of it, was a pretty clean saw.View attachment 793900

Also a nice example. I think I mentioned a few times I have had issue with the plug wire insulation leaking. The late 700 I have is one of them.

I haven't changed the plug wire yet but did put some electrical shrink tube around it which seemed cure the problem for now.

They arrived. I know the 10-10 runs. The guy said the 200 ran when he stuck it under the bench. I just gave it a pull on the starter lots of compression. Would not start on prime
The 10-10 Did start and revs and idles great. Put the chains brake flag on. It stops the chain, but does not lock. You have to push It forward farther than what's comfortable to engage it. Will look at it later.View attachment 793710 View attachment 793712 View attachment 793714

Joe,

You got the spring end in the wrong spot. It goes against the latch. See below; it can be seen the clearest on the broken cover. Some of mine work flawlessly and some only when you keep the rivet pounded tight and some have a mind of their own.

IMG_4961.JPG

IMG_4965.JPG

Ron

Does anybody have a cp70 ipl?
A friend got the one off ebay last week. It has a major hole in the carb boot and he asked me for a part number. I cannot locate the boot part number. If someone has it could you please let me know so we can find one or if one from any other saw works. Like a sp80, 70, 60, etc. Any help is appreciated. Vinny

Does anybody have a cp70 ipl?
A friend got the one off ebay last week. It has a major hole in the carb boot and he asked me for a part number. I cannot locate the boot part number. If someone has it could you please let me know so we can find one or if one from any other saw works. Like a sp80, 70, 60, etc. Any help is appreciated. Vinny

No IPL Vinny so I don't know but one of these may be worth the chance for not much $. Supposedly fits the CP70 as well.

https://store.chainsawr.com/collect...o-mac-800-850-chainsaw-intake-boot-215247-new

View attachment 793871
Directly under the muffler

First off I want to give a thank you for the part numbers for the seals, also want to say that both my 10-10s and my mac 4300
both have the foot cast under the muffler area. My 10-10s is a special edition what ever that might mean and has DNR
history the 4300 is probably a late 700 model

First off I want to give a thank you for the part numbers for the seals, also want to say that both my 10-10s and my mac 4300
both have the foot cast under the muffler area. My 10-10s is a special edition what ever that might mean and has DNR
history the 4300 is probably a late 700 model

Interestingly, the 4300 shares the same IPL as the late 700. I can't see any difference in the IPL's except for the model number in the title. The production dates were the same start to finish according to the Publications Guide of 1998 but that doesn't make sense to me.

Odd, as you would expect to see quite a few 4300's out there and they seem to be very scarce.

I think the 4300 might have been a late 700 with a different label and an owner's manual with the model number changed. A last gasp maybe.

I guess we'll never know.

Interestingly, the 4300 shares the same IPL as the late 700. I can't see any difference in the IPL's except for the model number in the title. The production dates were the same start to finish according to the Publications Guide of 1998 but that doesn't make sense to me.

Odd, as you would expect to see quite a few 4300's out there and they seem to be very scarce.

I think the 4300 might have been a late 700 with a different label and an owner's manual with the model number changed. A last gasp maybe.

I guess we'll never know.
Agree last information I knew of the 4300 had quite a production run but where are they all, must have had to use up all
the 700 decals up first maybe all the late 700's are really 4300's in disquise

I have a 700 like that and it doesn't have the molded fuel line. I think it was a piece of 1/4" OD tygon I used.

That particular model was produced from 1982 to 1992.

I could look at the serial number to see where it falls with yours if you would find that interesting.

Nice specimen you have there. They run really strong.

I suspect mine is a little later as the crankcase and oil tank and cover are gray.
I would find it interesting, the only thing I can say is that this saw is completely original being I know the man who sold the saw and the original owner.
I had a 10-10 s with the tygon small fuel line all so but being things get swapped around on saws I think the DNR saw is a good representation of the era , and it would ofcourse have all fire prevention equipment features.
The object of pictures is to show a very original saw for comparisons of similar model numbers so please post a model number picture.
Thank you guys for the posts.

Pics of my 700 of that version, Differences. The AF cover knob is round and is diecast, likely zinc, tank is grey, fuel line tank pass through fits a 3/16" (not the 1/4" OD line I had thought)

My serial number is 100360. Somewhat later than @ MaintenanceSupervisor 's saw.

Model is 600116-02 The "2" on my plate is mostly covered by the rivet.

I believe the 4300 has the same PN as the 700 but is an -05 at the end of the model number, so 600116-05.

Can you confirm that @kbeck

DSCF4264.JPG DSCF4261.JPG DSCF4260.JPG AF knob.JPG

Back