McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, mine is a 35. I had not seen it in so long. I think this maybe my next victim to get running. Not really interested in running it, but just too have it running and keep it in running shape. It is just a odd saw that most people have never seen. Maybe run it and make a cut with it here and there. The chain on it is much bigger than a .404, it must be a 1/2 inch.

IMG_0461.JPG IMG_0462.JPG

Brian

View attachment 795916

No some are different just tore my Pro Mac 60 apart after I pressed the pin out of the piston I noticed one skirt shorter not just alittle either
Should have been paying attention but I think the shorter skirt is intake side can't see a shorter exhaust side doing anything. neither my old or new piston
has a ex marking. Anyone know for sure?
Getting ready to install my piston on connecting rod can anyone verify the short skirt on my Pro Mac 60 faces the intake. Thanks

The 33 has the small air filter. The 33B has a large air filter but the carburetor behind it is just like the 33 and still no hole in the handle for winding up the starter. The 33 and 33B were all yellow.

View attachment 797840

The Super 33 has a black handle/cover and large or small air filter depending on the vintage, 33 style carburetor, normally a full wrap bar, and the hole for winding the starter.

View attachment 797841

The 35 has the large air filter and an different carburetor body where the screws that fasten the cover also hold the bottom of the carburetor to the body of the saw, still has the manual oiler button on the gearbox, and includes the hole to wind the starter.

The 35A has the large air filter and 35 style carburetor, the manual oiler button is up by the rear handle, and includes the hold to wind the starter. The 35 and 35A were all yellow.

The 39 looks like a Super 33 color scheme (black handle/cover, yellow ending & gearbox) but has the extended fuel tank, large air filter, 35 style carburetor, and the manual oiler button up by the rear handle as well as the hole to wind the starter.

There was also an add on optional remote oiler button to refit the 33 and 35 saws.

View attachment 797842

I have no idea why the stuck the bar up at an angle like that, but it is distinctive.

Mark

thx. small filter 33 here.

Really excited about the deal I worked out with @PogoInTheWoods. I am now the proud owner of this sweet PM700!!! Needs a little tinkering but it runs great! Cant wait to try it out.
7d7312166ba6ad084a3c743443a9face.jpg
4c989f5cb7191dda3fdf6116f694167a.jpg

Love those bars... I know looks shouldn't matter, but it sure makes it sometimes! I keep my eye on ebay for roller nose bars, those always look sick on an old muscle saw.

That's why I could never run a Timberbear LOL I know it sounds stupid, but those just look like, I dunno, an '84 Chrysler version of a saw. :laugh:

Nice saw Kevin that thing is real clean. And nice one Poge you let go of a dam fine saw there for a fellow enthusiast

I dragged home a saw today I can't take pictures so here is the listing pics
Screenshot_20200215-211022_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20200215-211043_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's very nice just a bit of "ute" rash and still has its read and screen in the muffler. bummer of a half wrap and soft sad miserable AV mounts.

Seems to have great compression and runs nice. It's that solid somehow perfectly sealed feeling as you try and turn it over then give up and push the valve in.

Very happy. It cost me alot but it is nice

Getting ready to install my piston on connecting rod can anyone verify the short skirt on my Pro Mac 60 faces the intake. Thanks
Just got a answer from piston manufacture and long skirt is intake side but confused why it was made that way
what benefits would there be having a short skirt on the exhaust side, I had a old Yamaha snowmobile with a
dealer race kit option installed on it (GYT kit) the intake skirt was shorter (not much) allowed a bit more fuel in I guess, anyways
glad I got a answer would have installed it backwards. One more thing I know guys are always trying to find paint to withstand gas and oil did a test on my paint I'm using on my Pro Mac 60
I used a rustoleum yellow and a black paint on the tank then a clearcoat. poured some mix on my test piece clearcoat disappeared and black didn't hold up but my 1.99 can of yellow rustoleum still looks good. I need to find a good gas resistant clearcoat or the same rustoleum black on my tank.

Id guess port timing and fuel/air mixture , but im no guru on that one for sure. I did not know the answer to your original question so i did not respond. I was hoping sombody would though cause i was also wondering

That would be great!, keep me posted I'm not in a huge hurry on this.
Ive got the tank bottom. It will need a couple bits but the tank bottom is good, the dsp lever is there, its missing the tank bushing, and the choke button is chipped no trigger, rear screws are missing. Ive not split it. The inside of the tank is clean, no holes. If youre interested just pm me. And you are under zero obligation to buy it. If its not what youre interested in then no harm no foul. 20200215_112155.jpg 20200215_112218.jpg 20200215_112231.jpg 20200215_112247.jpg 20200215_112259.jpg

That would be great!, keep me posted I'm not in a huge hurry on this.
Ive got the tank bottom. It will need a couple bits but the tank bottom is good, the dsp lever is there, its missing the tank bushing, and the choke button is chipped no trigger, rear screws are missing. Ive not split it. The inside of the tank is clean, no holes. If youre interested just pm me. And you are under zero obligation to buy it. If its not what youre interested in then no harm no foul. View attachment 798351 View attachment 798352 View attachment 798353 View attachment 798354 View attachment 798355

Thatd be a fair trade, id do the same, ive got a great running very strong xp1000 and a sxlao (xl12) that id trade off for a good 82cc mac also.[/QUO
Id guess port timing and fuel/air mixture , but im no guru on that one for sure. I did not know the answer to your original question so i did not respond. I was hoping sombody would though cause i was also wondering
Yes shorter intake skirt should effect that some exhaust side no ideal why it would be shorter bottom skirt maybe someone will know but at least I can move on now

Cheers Poge it did cost me alot.

More than I've ever spent on a saw before

Is a very nice 850 worth 340us?

Oh yes IMO it is,especially lately.My very clean 850 (about 90% original paint,only 1 lowest fin missing from muffler cover & 176 PSI) cost $350 shipped from Roseburg OR to me in summer 2015.I realize Feebay isn't a real reliable gauge of prices,it can be all over the map for stuff.But its not unusual for comparable ones have been $500+ the past year or so.I've seen ones that didn't even run/somewhat beat go for that much,just incredible.

You got a great deal.

DSC06028.JPG DSC06029.JPG

Latest posts

Back