McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are seeing that marketplace add you must he close to me, where are you located? I'm in Townsend MA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Communist State of Connecticut.
I have an old Comet D58 95cc that looks similar.
Homelite collector in training! [emoji879]
d51704d9357af195c9fcae17ec3c4e77.jpg
76dd31fc596234c7c5cf0e4f04adde15.jpg

PICTURES ADDED,
I was just given an Italian made Double Eagle 50 to go with my Titan 70.
Not a bad looking saw just needs an air filter.
Pictures to follow of both saws .
1)Titan 70
2)Double Eagle 50

99de7e42fae98ccc4618b5544fbfecb1.jpg

ce7a83f0bfd1934e8a65600828cb8782.jpg

The Double Eagle 50/Titan 50 & 57 models are nice small saws but the electronic ignitions are rather unreliable. I took one down off the shelf recently to run it and there was no spark. The same saw had been in use cutting wood a year or two ago so the coil died just sitting there.

I have a very nice Double Eagle 50 that came to me with low hours, probably because the ignition had failed.

Mark

The Double Eagle 50/Titan 50 & 57 models are nice small saws but the electronic ignitions are rather unreliable. I took one down off the shelf recently to run it and there was no spark. The same saw had been in use cutting wood a year or two ago so the coil died just sitting there.

I have a very nice Double Eagle 50 that came to me with low hours, probably because the ignition had failed.

Mark
The on/off switch was nfg so I got a replacement from chainsawr and it works great so far. I got that and a 306A in exchange for services rendered on a Stihl 012. I've traded or sold most of my Poulans but can't seem to be able to part with my 306As or 245s. Sold my Poulan/Dayton 245 clone to a friend and was looking at an Aldens that obviously was a 245 clone because of the decomp.

I feel like it was Brian had same issue with an 82cc piston and had to re cut the grooves but it may have been someone else. Ummm Kevin machayes who posts here every now and then has a few LRBs in a 70 and 82 pretty sure so I guess the issues been sorted hopefully. No excuse really though and the pin not fitting is kinda comical I guess but terrible.
I too had that problem with a P&R for my SP81. One groove was not deep enough and I don't have a ring groove cutting tool so I ground down the inside of the ring with a Dremel using a small sanding drum. Solved my problem and the saw still runs and mills for me.

I too had that problem with a P&R for my SP81. One groove was not deep enough and I don't have a ring groove cutting tool so I ground down the inside of the ring with a Dremel using a small sanding drum. Solved my problem and the saw still runs and mills for me.

How odd that its only 1. Sneaky fix though

Do you guys know if someone has documented a tear down and re-assembly of one of this style of Mac? I'd like to make sure I'll know how to put this and my Super 250 back together when I tear them down. Also, am I the only guy that consistently finds most of my McCullochs in this shape?
IMG_3450.jpgIMG_3449.jpg
IMG_3451.jpgIMG_3539.jpegIMG_3540.jpeg

Do you guys know if someone has documented a tear down and re-assembly of one of this style of Mac? I'd like to make sure I'll know how to put this and my Super 250 back together when I tear them down. Also, am I the only guy that consistently finds most of my McCullochs in this shape?
View attachment 841249View attachment 841254
View attachment 841252View attachment 841253View attachment 841250
Nearly all the ones i find are very dirty also. So youre not alone.

That thing is fairly clean on the outside, compared to the inside! Got some mud dauber nest in there too!, I think?
I found a skeletonized mouse in my 4200 muffler, little bugger had a pile of decon in there with him!
Most of the saws I get are usually in nonrunning condition due to neglect. 20200508_133832.jpg20200514_193332.jpg
20$ saw it runs.

Crusty, ole, and Mac just go together so we'll. Most old old saws that were used end up like that. They've earned the right.

Did you find that poor old Mac half-buried in the dirt floor of a barn?

I bet all it needs is a plug and some gumout, haha.

Did you find that poor old Mac half-buried in the dirt floor of a barn?

I bet all it needs is a plug and some gumout, haha.
Don’t forget a carb kit! Actually, a friend who knew I liked Macs picked that up for me from a friends barn for $20. I’ve kitted the carb but I haven’t gotten it to run yet.

Don’t forget a carb kit! Actually, a friend who knew I liked Macs picked that up for me from a friends barn for $20. I’ve kitted the carb but I haven’t gotten it to run yet.
The only thing about being that dirty and not greasy is that the points are probably shot, unless it was an extremely dry dirt floor.
New points and possibly a stolen condenser from a mini mac and it'll cut.

Back