McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this Super 6-10A since back in Feb.when I got it in a truckload of saws.It figured out that I paid less than $4.50 for it.It needed a muffler & an air filter cover & air filter.I got the latter on Feebay for around $25 & I bought the muffler from Bob J.I didn't even know what model I had till about a week or two after I got it.I saw the tag in the air box & went on the computerr & looked it up.When I found out it was a Super 6-10A I was over the moon.I checked it for spark & it had spark.I checked the fuel filter & it was pretty ugly,so it got replaced.I put fuel in it & it fired right up,but ran like it needed crank seals.
Fast forward about 6 mo.& I finally put the muffler on yesterday & the saw runs like a champ! Whoever had the saw must not have known the different between a D096 & a D176 bar.They had a 16 in.D096 bar on it which won't oil properly.I put a 20 in.Oregon D176 bar & chain on it & I think the auto oiler is working too.I'm very happy I got this beast running again.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

I've had this Super 6-10A since back in Feb.when I got it in a truckload of saws.It figured out that I paid less than $4.50 for it.It needed a muffler & an air filter cover & air filter.I got the latter on Feebay for around $25 & I bought the muffler from Bob J.I didn't even know what model I had till about a week or two after I got it.I saw the tag in the air box & went on the computerr & looked it up.When I found out it was a Super 6-10A I was over the moon.I checked it for spark & it had spark.I checked the fuel filter & it was pretty ugly,so it got replaced.I put fuel in it & it fired right up,but ran like it needed crank seals.
Fast forward about 6 mo.& I finally put the muffler on yesterday & the saw runs like a champ! Whoever had the saw must not have known the different between a D096 & a D176 bar.They had a 16 in.D096 bar on it which won't oil properly.I put a 20 in.Oregon D176 bar & chain on it & I think the auto oiler is working too.I'm very happy I got this beast running again.

View attachment 846613

View attachment 846614

View attachment 846615

Stoked you finally got to Ed. Enjoy mate

I know we have recently been on topic of the small Macs. I'm not really into them but some guys are saying especially the mag ones are starting to fetch a couple hundred. Saw this listing for this little 140 and can't believe what they are asking....holy cow! If they have even half that value I'm gonna start buying them up!View attachment 846589

5-bucks-is-the-bestican-do-emegenerator-net-5-bucks-is-48927061_(1).png

I know we have recently been on topic of the small Macs. I'm not really into them but some guys are saying especially the mag ones are starting to fetch a couple hundred. Saw this listing for this little 140 and can't believe what they are asking....holy cow! If they have even half that value I'm gonna start buying them up!View attachment 846589
There's a thread on here called "Craigslist laughs" ,that were this belongs.
Honestly I have probably turned down 3 of them this year and have 3 in the shed 2 of them are 110s ,but I just don't use them often enough to justify getting more of them .
If you really like a challenge or your sadistic pm me your addresses and next time I'll begrudgingly take them and mail them out to Mac-addicts as I acquire them. You pay for shipping which means you'll already be losing money in this venture.

On a different topic , we got a little hurricane action in South Carolina yesterday so I got to drop a couple of trees with the Pro Mac 800 today at a park, it performed flawlessly and did very well in pine with the 8 pin sprocket on a 28" bar and skip tooth 3/8ths.
Sorry no pictures to busy working.

Got another saw yesterday for $60 and it runs!
I see 610's up for sale pretty frequently in the $50 - 100 range. My only apprehension is that my dad has one, he's replaced the ignition module twice with NOS modules, which gets expensive. They seem like a nice saw as long as the ignition holds up.

I see 610's up for sale pretty frequently in the $50 - 100 range. My only apprehension is that my dad has one, he's replaced the ignition module twice with NOS modules, which gets expensive. They seem like a nice saw as long as the ignition holds up.

Strange as thats the same as the 10 series ignition and there pretty darn reliable

Yota, please share the process to do that! Bar looks great.
I handed it off to the cerakoter and boom its done....lol

It was sand blasted, coated black, stencil stuck on, coated gray, then baked in a high temp oven. I have a new tip for it as well. Had to remove the old one because the coater couldnt get all the oil out of it no matter what he did.

Yeah any electronic 10 series. Just a longer lead. Same clutch too. Gotta be luck surely
I've heard terrible things about them also from old park service guys ,but most Rangers could break an anvil with a feather so I don't really trust their opinion.
Id be more concerned about the oiler on that model ,seems to be a popular discussion on the forums .
Ive been tempted to try one out but the weight vs CCs is kind of imbalanced. I have a pro mac 60 and it's a nice light model (magnesium) so maybe some day I'll run out of projects.
I know most guys like them for stump grinding duty because they don't care if they eat a little dirt.

I've heard terrible things about them also from old park service guys ,but most Rangers could break an anvil with a feather so I don't really trust their opinion.
Id be more concerned about the oiler on that model ,seems to be a popular discussion on the forums .
Ive been tempted to try one out but the weight vs CCs is kind of imbalanced. I have a pro mac 60 and it's a nice light model (magnesium) so maybe some day I'll run out of projects.
I know most guys like them for stump grinding duty because they don't care if they eat a little dirt.

Yup exactly the reasons why I've never bothered with them either. Dependable old cinder blocks mostly even if left with no auto oiler.

Had 1 sit under the bench for a long time it even ran too but couldn't be bothered fixing it up and hard to put a nice chain on it while a good 10 series misses out. Would of flogged its ignition and clutch but a mate wanted it and now it just sits under his bench

Yup exactly the reasons why I've never bothered with them either. Dependable old cinder blocks mostly even if left with no auto oiler.

Had 1 sit under the bench for a long time it even ran too but couldn't be bothered fixing it up and hard to put a nice chain on it while a good 10 series misses out. Would of flogged its ignition and clutch but a mate wanted it and now it just sits under his bench
Maybe I should get 4 of the and build a table! Use them as legs.
Someone offered me one and I asked a friend of mine if he wants it , so I'll probably get one for him , unless its a rare 645 or whatever Mark listed he was missing for his museum then I'll ship it out to him. I come across them constantly..
Flea market guys sell them for 50$ -100$ for nicer ones.

Back