McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I should get 4 of the and build a table! Use them as legs.
Someone offered me one and I asked a friend of mine if he wants it , so I'll probably get one for him , unless its a rare 645 or whatever Mark listed he was missing for his museum then I'll ship it out to him. I come across them constantly..
Flea market guys sell them for 50$ -100$ for nicer ones.

Lol flog the bits and go fot it :) weld a tab on the bar ends and done ✔

Did someone say Mini Mac? :) Got this one a while back before I knew any better.
View attachment 846783View attachment 846784

That's a nice 1 man do ya use it?
Good friend of mine dropped off a couple of saws for a tune up. One of them was a Mac.
View attachment 846792View attachment 846794

This one is staying. Looks like I have my lightweight donor for the 70cc project
View attachment 846793

Thats the 10-10 I used as a holder for my S engine. Still pretty much my favorite go to saw unless I need big grunt. It's really light i like it alot its got lefty pull gear on it and there from a PM saw so could be lighter again but the older light starters I have are ugly as so its staying that way for now.

Lighter and far out performs my mates same class homeowner OB311 and 2cc less to boot:)

Unless its getting dull and perhaps notty or hard nasty wood its right there with the 7-10s.

1 sort of issue is no throttle lock but prefer not to use them anyway. Also wondering if the less air holes in the lid is a power robber or not

@Jethro 2t sniffer
I don’t use the mini it’s just a shelf queen. the guts look good so maybe one day I’ll mess with it.

I want to keep the RH start on the 10-7 so we will see about that keyway issue.
Just use hand tools only on that righty clutch when installing. I know I'm not alone in breaking them, as in it shattering .

This bar has new life. It’s all cerakote

That's beautiful! Is the stencil from Sugar Creek?

Must be something in the air LOL I just cleaned this up (dress rails, bead blast, wire wheel nose) and painted it.
No stamping in the bar to indicate Mac, but the p/n on the nose is Mac so... I assume it is, vs say an Oregon on Windsor?
Nothing fancy though; leftover rattle cans of black with the nose taped off, and then the whole thing in clear. Don't even know why I have clear haha
Don't expect it to last, but it looks good for now (maybe too shiny) and keeps the rust away.

20200805_225110.jpg20200805_225205.jpg

Just use hand tools only on that righty clutch when installing. I know I'm not alone in breaking them, as in it shattering .

Hah! I just talked to Bob J not long ago and one of the parts I was ordering was the clutch spider (broken when I got the saw), and his first comment was, "didn't use a torque wrench, did ya?" :nofunny: :laugh:

Must be something in the air LOL I just cleaned this up (dress rails, bead blast, wire wheel nose) and painted it.
No stamping in the bar to indicate Mac, but the p/n on the nose is Mac so... I assume it is, vs say an Oregon on Windsor?
Nothing fancy though; leftover rattle cans of black with the nose taped off, and then the whole thing in clear. Don't even know why I have clear haha
Don't expect it to last, but it looks good for now (maybe too shiny) and keeps the rust away.

View attachment 846816View attachment 846817

Hah! I just talked to Bob J not long ago and one of the parts I was ordering was the clutch spider (broken when I got the saw), and his first comment was, "didn't use a torque wrench, did ya?" :nofunny: :laugh:

That's nice man. Windsor made the mac bars. Dam nice bars too I got a 32 and a 20. Could use a 28 but haven't found 1 here yet

View attachment 846816View attachment 846817

Stencil was done in house.

Thinking about fixing those check valves in the caps with the aluminum valve assembly.

Someone has very likely done this before but it's an easy fix for anyone not caring about looking OEM.

DSCF4429.JPG.

Parts were a piece of stick pen refill or any piece to tubing that will fit the Poulan or Homelite duckbill.
You will have to drill the aluminum plug in the cap out to fit the tube. Make sure you only drill down about 1/8".
Some Seal all is likely a good adhesive to stick the tube.

In the mean time you can always do this. Just fixing up my SP81

DSCF4430.JPG

Thinking about fixing those check valves in the caps with the aluminum valve assembly.

Someone has very likely done this before but it's an easy fix for anyone not caring about looking OEM.

View attachment 846896.

Parts were a piece of stick pen refill or any piece to tubing that will fit the Poulan or Homelite duckbill.
You will have to drill the aluminum plug in the cap out to fit the tube. Make sure you only drill down about 1/8".
Some Seal all is likely a good adhesive to stick the tube.

In the mean time you can always do this. Just fixing up my SP81

View attachment 846897
Nice Tim. I know a guy that tried that on some P-series caps a few years ago. Still working well.

I figured at some point it would be lucrative to 3d print new Mac caps but I don't understand or have access to a 3d printer so maybe its not possible. All I know is you could sell them all day long at 10$ a pop.
20200712_152105.jpg
I've got one too.
The new Homelite caps I've seen on the interwebs are more $ than most of the XL-12s I buy.

I figured at some point it would be lucrative to 3d print new Mac caps but I don't understand or have access to a 3d printer so maybe its not possible. All I know is you could sell them all day long at 10$ a pop.
View attachment 846946
I've got one too.
The new Homelite caps I've seen on the interwebs are more $ than most of the XL-12s I buy.
Figure out the thread and they can be made on a lathe . I was working on a Mac oil tank cap then got distracted lol

Latest posts

Back