McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They seem to be blaming Covid for everything.What excuse will they use when Covid is finished?Sounds to me more like pure laziness.

They've done stuff like this long before covid was a thing. "Good enough for government work" is all that comes to mind with this.
No accountability at all it seems.

I had a package get stuck in limbo for 2 weeks once. It stayed at the same post office the whole time, the moment they started to move the goal post for the estimated delivery was a clue. They stopped updating the tracking and estimate after the first week of when it should've arrived. The post master was no great help either, "ask the sender to talk to their post master" or "I dunno, it'll show up when it shows up" was pretty much what I was getting. It magically showed up one day, 18 days after it should've arrived, even with the "recalculated" estimates. But it arrived so... win?

Another funny thing was watching the tracking update as two post offices played "hot potato" with another delivery that was supposed to arrive. It eventually worked it's way over, after they got bored of passing it between them like a football... 6 days after the estimate later... and damaged.

At least the saw actually showed up, and in one piece Edju. It could've been much worse.

They've done stuff like this long before covid was a thing. "Good enough for government work" is all that comes to mind with this.
No accountability at all it seems.

I had a package get stuck in limbo for 2 weeks once. It stayed at the same post office the whole time, the moment they started to move the goal post for the estimated delivery was a clue. They stopped updating the tracking and estimate after the first week of when it should've arrived. The post master was no great help either, "ask the sender to talk to their post master" or "I dunno, it'll show up when it shows up" was pretty much what I was getting. It magically showed up one day, 18 days after it should've arrived, even with the "recalculated" estimates. But it arrived so... win?

Another funny thing was watching the tracking update as two post offices played "hot potato" with another delivery that was supposed to arrive. It eventually worked it's way over, after they got bored of passing it between them like a football... 6 days after the estimate later... and damaged.

At least the saw actually showed up, and in one piece Edju. It could've been much worse.
Yeah,I'm happy I got my saw & even happier that it runs.The seller thought the other saw he had - a 2-10 was the one that ran on a prime.This one does better than run on a prime.I don't think he knew what he really had in this saw.I should have the new bar in a few days,I can't wait to put it on the saw & get some pics on here.

Mac fun today
20201010_082955.jpg20201010_113404.jpg20201010_113420.jpg20201010_121445.jpg
32 doesn't reach the other side so big enough:). 20201010_133240.jpg
1 more biggie and the other slightly smaller ones still to cut.

Its good to be back on a saw again. 850 running like a champ infact all my Mac's running perfectly.

The new 700 showed up today and wow its nice. Its not on the roster today as I never had time to check it over. Very happy though its the closest I'll ever get to a new Mac

Not sure if this would intrest anyone but it's a saw with a post hole digging attachment.
Not a bad price either if I collected McCulloch.
5459c8178ba2587ef8c01a31f7dad597.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
7fbea97744a1eb90441658b1aae33f40.jpg

Great too see you breaking out the McCulloch's again.
Weather is just starting to chill here, gonna be alot of Mac Action here soon also.
Nice hinge.

Yeah its been 6 months for me probably. Funny thing it's warming up and getting saws coming out you guys are the opposite.

Cheers for the compliment of that hinge. Was pretty chuffed with that too. He wanted a high stump for pulling the stump out. A 850 with a 32 is a heavy saw up at chest hight lol

These trees are 25 years old their not far from the river bed and a high water table these things are going for it. Its eucalyptus so should be still good burning even if growing fast and its splitting nice for once too

Not sure if this would intrest anyone but it's a saw with a post hole digging attachment.
Not a bad price either if I collected McCulloch.
5459c8178ba2587ef8c01a31f7dad597.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
7fbea97744a1eb90441658b1aae33f40.jpg
Been eyeing that one for a while, a little far though nut a decent price and he has the literature too.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ran some Macs today, SP81 fell the pine, 7-10, PM55 and my buddies Poulan 3400 for bucking and limbing. The 7-10 started running wacky. I will need to go through the carb.
Forgot to take video and these are the only pics my buddies wife got.
dc5f66b611a40f9f3720596b7182f0b2.jpg
3ac7ff1b6dc44fbfa9e854e01522878c.jpg
056aa338e79cb8daa3ce1c43c179de27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Need ideas on Pro Mac 10 10s with no spark. Saw was given to me as-is so I never saw it running. Flywheel magnets seem very strong. I tried another used coil assembly and got weak spark. Because the spark improved with faster pulls on the starter, I reduced the gap from 0.010 to 0.005 and spark improved. The wire to the kill switch is not shorting to ground and I even disconnected it from the coil. Coil is grounded correctly. Tried two other plugs - no change. Will try changing the plug wire on the replacement coil today. I did try another wire on the orig. coil - no change. Compression is 140. Saw was originally packed with sawdust/oil. I thought maybe the lack of air caused the orig. coil to overheat. Maybe it affected the flywheel magnets?

Hey Guys,

Rebuilding a Walbro MDC-1 carb from a Miniac 25, does anyone know offhand how to set the metering lever height? It doesn't look like it can possibly be set flush with the carb body, it would not be able to move at all. But currently it looks too high, and like some previous jacka## might have bent it up a little.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 20201011_105136_HDR.jpg
    20201011_105136_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20201011_105206_HDR.jpg
    20201011_105206_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 17
Cheers for the compliment of that hinge.
Looks like it may have taken a little work to get that notch cleaned out. Makes all the difference in the world too, doesn't it? Are Humboldts a common practice down your way, or are you the only guy in NZ who uses them after watching all those BBR vids? LOL

And the cows are gonna get out.

Hey Guys,

Rebuilding a Walbro MDC-1 carb from a Miniac 25, does anyone know offhand how to set the metering lever height? It doesn't look like it can possibly be set flush with the carb body, it would not be able to move at all. But currently it looks too high, and like some previous jacka## might have bent it up a little.

Many thanks!
Wow, that's high. Are you sure it's the correct arm? I would think the top should be flush with the top - but there will be a gasket below the diaphragm so that would give some space. It doesn't have to move too far to let in fuel.

Wow, that's high. Are you sure it's the correct arm? I would think the top should be flush with the top - but there will be a gasket below the diaphragm so that would give some space. It doesn't have to move too far to let in fuel.
No idea if it's the correct arm, the carb has definitely had some neanderthal poking around in it before based on the silicone someone tried to use to fix the gasket. Its also definitely not right the way it is because the inlet needle was allowing fuel to leak into the carb when the saw was off.

It needs to be lower for sure, Im just not sure how much.

I adjusted it virtually even with the carb body, maybe just .0005 above, it only allows a small amount of movement but seems to be enough for the inlet needle to unseat. Gonna throw it together and see what happens. Thank you!

Question...does the lever need to actually "lift" the needle, or just remove the spring pressure holding it closed??

Attachments

• 20201011_122557.jpg
    20201011_122557.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
BTW, it is the correct lever.
I got it even with the carb body, used a small flat screwdriver to hold the needle end down close to the retaining pin and bent the larger diaphragm end down until even. If I press it down to the chamber floor the needle does move. Does that sound good enough for an old Mini Mac?

20201011_122557.jpg

Latest posts

Back