McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be very interested in the weight of that 7-10 Mark. Goinwheelin and I went through all our bits and basically every single chassis part of a PM saw was heavier.

I expect you have many other far more important things to be doing though

I thought that the lever was on the after prefix 15 7-10 saws, but the older production run saws didn't have it.
Before Prefix 15 - No lever.
After Prefix 15 - Lever... Right?

I was the same way, but I got one of these for free and paid $20 for the other one. I couldn't really say no.
I had a timber bear previously but never really gave it a chance since it is the same size as a 10-10. Id rather run a 10-10. I lack a 60cc saw in the lineup so these fill that spot for now lol.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd say the PM series stuff at least has pretty decent anti-vibe, at least so far in my experience. I haven't run the 10-10 yet.

With the Q-port they also pull over very easily. I was able to lean on a bucking spike pretty hard on some medium-density oak (in the 12-18" diameter range) and it pulled a 16" and 20" chain no problem. The 24" setup in a 26-28" stem required a little more finesse to keep from bogging!

I have been tinkering with a Pro Mac 555 for a few months and now have it running good. What, if anything is unique about the 555? This is also the first time I have attempted to square file a chain and so far I see some promise.

I made a post a while back about a 1-41 that I was working on since last yr. I found the problem with my 1-41 no spark issue.The screw that holds the points in place was loose & the points were wide open.I've tried & tried & can't set the points at all.I don't know if the lobe is too worn?Anyway,I'm setting the points wide open,pulling the condenser off,& putting a chip in it.I'll have to devise a way to attach the switch wire as some brilliant person soldered the wire onto the coil.If it's the points wire I hope I can pull it out of there & clean out the hole where the switch wire is supposed to plug in.

I don't even know how someone comes across a lot of 50 - 60 saws unless it was another saw-hoarder, or a saw shop that closed up...
When I got my truckload last winter it was from a Stihl/Husky dealer who didn't want them on his premises.I got a real nice 6-10A that needed an air filter cover & filter & a muffler,that was it.A $4.25 saw cost me $65 to fix.Lol

When I got my truckload last winter it was from a Stihl/Husky dealer who didn't want them on his premises.I got a real nice 6-10A that needed an air filter cover & filter & a muffler,that was it.A $4.25 saw cost me $65 to fix.Lol
Yeah I've got a few free/20.00 saws that cost me 80.00$ to run. There's a couple places I've been to that I could get a few dozen saws from ,but working 40-65 hrs a week certainly cramps my hoarding. Retirement is waiting for me in 15years.

I have been tinkering with a Pro Mac 555 for a few months and now have it running good. What, if anything is unique about the 555? This is also the first time I have attempted to square file a chain and so far I see some promise.
I think it's the same thing as the pro mac 55 or 10-10s but there's not alot of port documents on it,
I think Poge and a few others have pretty much covered the 7-10 ports and piston options.

I think it's the same thing as the pro mac 55 or 10-10s but there's not alot of port documents on it,
I think Poge and a few others have pretty much covered the 7-10 ports and piston options.
Funny thing about this saw is it came with a few others and with a Pro Mac 700 filter cover on it and I thought it was a pretty good running 700 but just a bit off. It was leaking a bit of gas thru the tank gasket and the fuel line and getting those parts is when I learned it is a 555 by the tag. I have a few of the 700's and this one is not far behind them in zip.

Funny thing about this saw is it came with a few others and with a Pro Mac 700 filter cover on it and I thought it was a pretty good running 700 but just a bit off. It was leaking a bit of gas thru the tank gasket and the fuel line and getting those parts is when I learned it is a 555 by the tag. I have a few of the 700's and this one is not far behind them in zip.
That sounds about right.

The PM555 had the long clutch cover and may or may not have been equipped with the electronic ignition; the IPL shows both options. I think the idea was for the 555 to be electronic but they hadn't used up all the 55 blocks when they switched the models.

I did a little further research and the IPL's that I have both show the same part number (89435) for the block.

The 57cc saws were all pretty peppy compared to the common 54cc varieties.

Mark

Back