McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro,if you've still got your McCinderblock (610) you'll see that the foot pad (skid plate) is part of the saw that's held on with 4 screws.I'm wondering if someone adapted that skid plate to fit on your 7-10?

Jethro,if you've still got your McCinderblock (610) you'll see that the foot pad (skid plate) is part of the saw that's held on with 4 screws.I'm wondering if someone adapted that skid plate to fit on your 7-10?

Na don't have it it lives at a mates. Pretty sure there quite different though. I'm looking through IPLs and can't find it as an accessory but that 1 on Marks 60 looks identical just mounted the other way

OK, these two followed me home. Some one said the 7-10 is a 70CC saw in a 10-10 wrapper. This thing looks half the size as my 10-10. Is this the 70CC saw in a tight dress? It doesn't look much bigger than a Homelite Super EZ, and I can still hold one of those out at arms length, not for long, but I can do it.
5koCi4L.jpg

5OJKV6f.jpg

OK, these two followed me home. Some one said the 7-10 is a 70CC saw in a 10-10 wrapper. This thing looks half the size as my 10-10. Is this the 70CC saw in a tight dress? It doesn't look much bigger than a Homelite Super EZ, and I can still hold one of those out at arms length, not for long, but I can do it.
5koCi4L.jpg

5OJKV6f.jpg
Says here it's a 70CC
Model Profile: 7-10A (acresinternet.com)

5koCi4L.jpg

5OJKV6f.jpg

Let me add this. I have a Pro Mac10-10S and a Pro Mac 700. Setting side by side I have to look at the top sticker to know which is which.

1607118200283.png

5koCi4L.jpg

5OJKV6f.jpg

Good job on the 7-10 hope its got compression. Definitely same size as any 10 series the AV 10s are bigger but only because of the AV mounts.

Thanks guys. My old saw guy has been real good to me. He sold me a Homelite Super 1050 the fired on prime for $40. a total of 15 other 70+ CC saws for $20 each. So, I didn't even pull it over this morning. Think I'll go give it a tug. If it feels good I'll stick the gauge on it and report back.

OK, gave it a couple quick tugs, didn't feel like much comp, but pulling isn't always a good test. The plug was only in finger tight, took it out, clipped it back on the wire, has good spark. Screwed the gauge in, ZERO comp. Saw the comp release, pushed it in, obviously zero comp. The button won't pop back out. Put a shot of mix in the plug, nothing. How do I get the release to pop back out?

I have to look at this with my wife setting beside me saying "NO".
I don't understand? No, what? That's only one shelf and I have 7 shelves. Now, I had to look at my wife, with the Homelite 770G with 24" bar sitting on the front of her new Lexus, saying, NO, it's not my fault! I lost that battle.

Duh, now I get it, she was saying "no", to you amassing that big of a batch of yellow.

OK, gave it a couple quick tugs, didn't feel like much comp, but pulling isn't always a good test. The plug was only in finger tight, took it out, clipped it back on the wire, has good spark. Screwed the gauge in, ZERO comp. Saw the comp release, pushed it in, obviously zero comp. The button won't pop back out. Put a shot of mix in the plug, nothing. How do I get the release to pop back out?
For off-brands I just grab the top of the button and pull it, but I dunno if Macs’ll let you do that.

Tried that, didn't work. Maybe I'll get lucky and the only problem is the comp release is stuck?

I can't remember what size but a long reach socket will unscrew it and have a look what the issue is probably a bit of carbon or something has fallen in. Feel like I used an 11mm or something

Latest posts

Back