McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I dragged out 3/5 of my Macs for test runs and inevitable troubleshooting thereafter. My 5-10 seems to be ok mechanically, I just need to tune it which means I need to brush up on bullfrog fiddling. My 1-42 pulled fuel initially with the choke on, but now it won't pull fuel. I'll probably swap over the rebuilt carb from the 1-43 project and see if that fixes it. My 10-10 fired right up, but it will only idle for ~1/2 a second before it just starts screaming, so I'm guessing it needs crank seals. That 10-10 is the loudest little so-and-so I've encountered, it'll sure make the canyons ring!

Don't know if someone will recognize me any more but will give it a try anyway. ;)
While going through the attick a while ago I found a brushcutter attachments in parts from a bunch of Mac parts I got a few years back. I still have a nice 200 PHO which I still could use for this project. The attachment si pretty complete I guess but don"t know if there was a special part for connecting the throttle cable to the carb. Anyone has some information on this ? The brushcutter was sold as accessory for use with a 1-43 and 1-53 in the past over here. Any info is appreciated. thanks

1-43 brushcutter.png

Bob has reproduced the Walbro MAC diaphragms and gaskets for the bigger saws, not the gaskets & diaphragms for the Mac 10 carburetors.

Mark
I wasn't talking about reproduction carb kits that Bob makes for the larger "flatbacks".I'm ta;lking about actual OEM bullfrog carb kits.I was going to get one from him about 2 yrs.ago,but he talked me out of it because of the 14 (?) step procedure that's used in tuning it.(or rebuilding it,I can't rermember which)

Don't know if someone will recognize me any more but will give it a try anyway. ;)
While going through the attick a while ago I found a brushcutter attachments in parts from a bunch of Mac parts I got a few years back. I still have a nice 200 PHO which I still could use for this project. The attachment si pretty complete I guess but don"t know if there was a special part for connecting the throttle cable to the carb. Anyone has some information on this ? The brushcutter was sold as accessory for use with a 1-43 and 1-53 in the past over here. Any info is appreciated. thanks

View attachment 910787
Welcome back

View attachment 910787
My arms hurt just looking at that beast! But imagine it plow through 6" saplings

I'm trying to re-re-assemble the SDC carb for my 10-10, since I mis-rebuilt it previously I need some help with the diaphragm order. I only need the rubber sheet and gasket bit and not the nylon, correct?
IMG_6882.jpeg

I've been working on trying to get the DE80 back together again.The ring boot was a bit of a bugger as was the front handle,but it's starting to look like a saw again.I ended up buying a new AV mount for the rear,the old one was slighly bent as I suspected which wasn't allowing me to get the screws started.I thought I had everything I needed for the saw,but as it turns out the DSP isn't working,so I'll need a new one.Hopefully Bob J.has one.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 7
My arms hurt just looking at that beast! But imagine it plow through 6" saplings
My back also hurted instantly when I had the attachment in my hand. But since we have a gun ban over here, it may become handy as a weapon when we storm the belgian parliament sometime in the future :).:innocent:

Any idea which models do and which don't?
These may or may not apply. First is courtesy of another member's efforts (who shall remain un-named unless he wants to add a disclaimer). Had to convert to .txt format to attach it here, but each carb number has a link to its respective IPL in .docx format. Second is as described with details of individual carbs.

Or..., it's easy enough to try the diaphragms you have and see which combination works. Probably already have it running by now!

Hope these help. Good luck.

Attachments

• Walbro-SDC-pump-side-gasket-thick-and-thin-PNs-plus-chk-vlve-diaphtagms.pdf.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Walbro SDC Carburetor IPL-parts usage.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Back