McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mark, we understand each other....:yourock:

PS. Just hit the 4000 post mark... do I get a Mac T-Shirt ????

Sure do. Just send your mailing address, the size required, and pay pal $89.95 shipping & handling to ArboristSite Free T-shirt Offer. Hurry! Free T-shirt offer won't last long! Call now! Nigerian operators are standing by!
:greenchainsaw:

You lovers of big yella Macs....did you know Mac also made blue ones ?

A few weeks ago, I stumbled into a Blue concrete saw with a dealer, sitting very lonely in a corner. Someone had brought it in a few years ago, but apparently never came back to pick it up.

the dealer said, I don't know what brand that stuff is, but if you want it, it's yours, for free of course...LOL.

Belgian with his well trained eye immediately spotted an original Mac under that pale blue coat...hehe.

Looking through the Mac IPL, I noticed that they made a Blue powerhead indeed : 7-10 OEM, serial n° 400261, and that's what it is. The manufacterer is called Brilliant, MO. It has a special airfilter for concrete dust, but looking at the dirt in that compartment, it may have well eaten some of it...

It still has good compression and spark, but needs some work. I know of a US fella that comes to see me in a few weeks, I think this maybe a nice project for him to get it running... he's gotta earn his stay... LOLOL

7-10oemsmall.jpg

7-10oemasmall.jpg

brilliant.jpg

plate.jpg

I WANT that filter setup for my 81!!!

Sure do. Just send your mailing address, the size required, and pay pal $89.95 shipping & handling to ArboristSite Free T-shirt Offer. Hurry! Free T-shirt offer won't last long! Call now! Nigerian operators are standing by!
:greenchainsaw:

Hmmmm, that Nigerian fella was not very helpfull on the phone... all I could hear was "Papa Vince, whe baited another sucker...." :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

In case some of you missed it up in the sticky swap meet post, dragrcr has an MC 91 kart engine for sale. Might be a good start for a saw project. I asked about it, he said make an offer, but I don't really need it. Here's the link http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=108127 Post #9, pic Mac4 shows a pic of it. I'd rather see it restored and put on a kart, but he didn't seem to know what it was so I'm afraid he might junk it. Maybe some of you guys who knows macs can restore it.

Mini Mac

I went the other way this time, I mean a small saw.

Dan (Manyhobbies) passed this one along to me at the GTG in Grantsburg last fall, unfortunately I wasn't there to collect it. Around Christmas time my brother passed through, picked up the saw along with a nice package of cheese and a Christmas card for me from Grandpatractor.

I finally dedicated some time to this one lately, and with the help of a donor saw (thanks to Lumberinspector) I have a nice little runner. I don't have any 3/8 LP chain at home so I will stop by a shop today and get a loop made up.

Honestly, I enjoyed working on this little saw and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

What it needed:

Overall cleaning (sorry, no B/4 photo's)
Replace cracked fuel/oil tank
Swap out the carburetor (lots of oxidation in the original)
New kit in the replacement carburetor
Good cleaning of the points (no spark to begin with)
Dismantle and clean the pulse oil pump (water!)
New starter rope
Added a 14" bar I had on hand

I look forward to using this one in the bucket in a few weeks when I have to take down the old maple tree next to my house.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Ok, quit gawkin' at the guy with the sticks, there is a SP125 on the left.
TreeLife0002.jpg

Photo was taken in Del Norte County, Klamath River Drainage, that guy on the right is Vestal. The "record books" say that coast Redwoods got to about 20 feet in dia, there are 100s of stumps that say otherwise.

Pm 650

Does anyone know where to get the felt washer that goes on the clutch side shaft, up against the seal? It's not shown in the IPL I have.

In case you don't know heres's some good Mac kart and saw builds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ZGg0LYSRI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksfh5vfUpz4&feature=related
http://www.vintagepowersport.com/vka/html/mcculloch_mc8_rebuild.htm
After watching those videos I said I was going to rebuild some Mac engines. Takes a lot of money to do it right: tracking down parts, media blaster, special tools and micrometers- looks like a lot of fun though. I'd like to learn to do good work like that.

I went the other way this time, I mean a small saw.

Dan (Manyhobbies) passed this one along to me at the GTG in Grantsburg last fall, unfortunately I wasn't there to collect it. Around Christmas time my brother passed through, picked up the saw along with a nice package of cheese and a Christmas card for me from Grandpatractor.

I finally dedicated some time to this one lately, and with the help of a donor saw (thanks to Lumberinspector) I have a nice little runner. I don't have any 3/8 LP chain at home so I will stop by a shop today and get a loop made up.

Honestly, I enjoyed working on this little saw and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

What it needed:

Overall cleaning (sorry, no B/4 photo's)
Replace cracked fuel/oil tank
Swap out the carburetor (lots of oxidation in the original)
New kit in the replacement carburetor
Good cleaning of the points (no spark to begin with)
Dismantle and clean the pulse oil pump (water!)
New starter rope
Added a 14" bar I had on hand

I look forward to using this one in the bucket in a few weeks when I have to take down the old maple tree next to my house.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

I have an Eager Beaver that I'm getting ready to go through. Looks very similar to your 120. I don't know what's wrong with it but I'm guessing it's the carb or points. The person I got it from didn't want to open it up to see what was wrong. Of course I'm assuming it doesn't run without trying it yet. By the way, what carburetor is in that one? I went to get a kit for mine today and the saw shop didn't know what kit to sell me. I thought it should be a MDC but not sure.

Last edited:
Devil Beaver

Well....If it's like my devil beaver 2.0 then it's a Zama M7 carb and according to Calvin there are no kits for them...:chainsaw:

My mini-mac 25 used an MDC carb... The kit was K1-MDC, which does exist.... Available at numerous online small engine parts shops.... Got mine thru Willards' Small Engine http://willardssmallengines.com/

My local small engine repair shops don't know of its existence. Doesn't show up in any of their Walbro info. It is a Walbro kit in mine. If your carb is Zama, not sure if it'll take the same kit.

I also had to service the main nozzle check valve - the disk was rotted to tissue. I simply pulled the brass seat (threaded a machine screw into it and pried), then re-straightened the seat (steel flat punch), honed the sealing face on a sharpening stone, and cut a new disk from a spare pump diaphragm with a punch... Drop in the disk, press in the seat... All good!

Good workin' little saw. PITA to service. Not that bad, but.....

J

Latest posts

Back