McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce, Modifiedmark,

Thanks for the info--it all helps.

Just so you know, I got a Pro 10-10 coming--so brace yourselves:p

Casey
Casey.
I have a Pro Mac 10-10 sitting under my Work Bench for my Chain Saws, waiting for a Carburetor Repair Kit, and a 20" Bar and Chain Combo. They are a nice Saw to work with. I've tried cutting wood with a Stihl Chain Saw, for a Customer of mine years ago when I used to do Custom Cutting.
This saw was owned by my customer, and he wanted to try and save money on labour costs, and have me run his saw. The Stihl had more than 60 cc's of power, and I demonstrated between the 2 saws, his, and my Pro Mac 60, and there was NO comparison to the Pro Mac 60.
After he saw that he took his Stihl, and put it away. The Pro Mac 60, left the Stihl in its dust, for power and cutting speed. Both Chain Saws had 20" Bars on them. He said later, with my Chain Saw, I'd get more done in a day with it, and left me alone after that.
Bruce.

I think that Maybe it was given the Name Super Pro was because of Marketing Scheme, to lure Potential Buyers. For a while the called the Mac 10-10 Mac 10-10 Light Weight, and that was for Marketing. Bruce.

Just looking at the lineup of Mac's over the years, I'm sure there was a bunch of marketing.

Although there is obvious external differences in the early 10-10, to the 1970's10-10's, to the early 80's model, how much difference is there with the 10-10, Pro 10-10, Mac 10-10, Mac 10-10A, Pro Mac 10-10, Super 10-10, Super 10-10A, etc, etc...........?

I just wonder if there may have been differences in quality control, or sometimes a few parts did have different specs to warrant a change in designation. Or something along the line of one or two added features--like the diference between the Stihl MS 260 vs the MS 260 Pro.

Casey

Well they better be easy to tune because mine has a fixed high speed jet in it. LOL

Really I think the Super Pro name was mostly a gimmick, they aint any more super then the rest.

You really think there more reliable then a 10-10 or any other? I dont see why or how.

The name "Super Pro" generally meant a saw with anti-vibe cushions. Of course many of the names had marketing behind them. McCulloch was in the business of selling saws.

Here is a pic of my Mac 4300:

attachment.php

This is a Pro Mac 700 with a different sticker, a name given to align this saw with others in the line-up. Mine is the only one I have ever seen.

It looks like a ...

In reply to post #143

Model 35 I would guess. I think the Model 33 were equipped with more of a "full wrap" style handle. I think the 33's and 35's were all 54cc. The bevel gear drive on the front could be removed and other attachments like a brush cutter or auger/drill connected.

I have a few Model 35's now, but seems there is always room for one more...

Bring any saws along you might want to sell and we'll see what happens.

Mark

Last edited:
I took the muffler off and the piston looks nice and it sounds like it has some good compression.

I might have to get some fuel and see if I can get it to fire.

Do you have an IPL Mark?

Will do Mark.

Yesterday the Carburetor Repair Kits that I ordered for my Mini Mac and my bigger McCulloch Chain Saws arrived. So last night I took out the Carburetors out of my Mac 1-10, and my e Bay Pro Mac 10-10.
The Carburetors for both the Mac 1-10, and the Pro Mac 10-10, where badly Varnished. I put them into my Coffee Can with a lid on it, of Carburetor and Choke Cleaner, and let them soak over night.
I took them out this morning, and washed them with Hot Soapy Water, and Rinsed them again with Hot Water. I then took them and cleaned them with Compressed Air from the Air Compressor.
With the new Carburetor repair Kit, I reassemble the Carburetor for the Pro Mac 10-10. Once I got it all back together, a few pulls, and it was back to life.
It ran pretty rough, until I was able to get a Screw Driver, and get get it adjusted. After a few minutes, I got it tuned just about right, with out a load.
The Oiler was dry, and it had to be Manually Pumped to get it working. Then after a while the Automatic Oiler started to work, and it pumped the oil nicely.
Now all I have left to do is put some Cork Bicycle Handel Bar Tape on the front Handle of the Chain Saw, install an Air Filter, and put a Bar and Chain on it, and It's ready to Go.
I got this Chain Saw for my Step Son, and I hope he will enjoy using it as much as I enjoy using mine.
He likes cutting wood, but it's nicer using your own Chain Saw. He is 18, and when I was 18, that is when I bought my first Chain Saw. Bruce.

1-10. Has not been started in a few years.Made me the man I am today. (hard of hearing).

Pro Mac 10-10S.

A couple of 10-10 size mac's for parts.

This a saw i acquired a while ago.
Not the normal every day Mac, This
started life as a 795 so the air filter
cover says but sometime in it's life the
original motor went bad and was replace
with a Mac MC75 Kart motor at 7.29cid
which is around 120cc's and huge Kart carb.
Got it running today and all i can say is it
ain't no chainsaw motor, this thing rips.

Regards Lee

This a saw i acquired a while ago.
Not the normal every day Mac, This
started life as a 795 so the air filter
cover says but sometime in it's life the
original motor went bad and was replace
with a Mac MC75 Kart motor at 7.29cid
which is around 120cc's and huge Kart carb.
Got it running today and all i can say is it
ain't no chainsaw motor, this thing rips.

Regards Lee

Man! That is a saw after my own hart. It's a real thing of beauty.

Just got my first Mac today at a flea market, an older 10-10 Auto with a chain brake, which looks to be aftermarket. I poured fresh gas in it an pulled on it with no luck yet, will look more into it tomorrow.

Just got my first Mac today at a flea market, an older 10-10 Auto with a chain brake, which looks to be aftermarket. I poured fresh gas in it an pulled on it with no luck yet, will look more into it tomorrow.
Where you able to get your 10-10 Automatic started yet? If you need a Copy of the Service Manual, let me know, and I will try to eMail you a copy. Bruce.

1-10. Has not been started in a few years.Made me the man I am today. (hard of hearing).

Pro Mac 10-10S.

A couple of 10-10 size mac's for parts.
I know what your talking about for Noise. There is not much difference between my 1968 10-10 Automatic, and my Mac 1-10. My Mac 10-10 Automatic that was built after 1970, has the Muffler facing down, instead of out to the side. A wee bit quieter, but not much. Nice handling Saws though. Bruce.

Back