McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a saw, but a nice mail day
bcc00a36d19fda7bc757054ed0d0b5ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I want one that's very cool

if you want look me up on facebook and i can hook you up with the guy tha made this one for me. I am trying to get him to do sweatshirts also. just search my full name on facebook. John Van Cleave. im located in Des moines iowa if you find more than one

if you want look me up on facebook and i can hook you up with the guy tha made this one for me. I am trying to get him to do sweatshirts also. just search my full name on facebook. John Van Cleave. im located in Des moines iowa if you find more than one

Ok cheers mate I'll have to borrow the mrs Facebook as I'm not on that monster Haha.

Figured out tonight why the 101 was such a hard cranking mofo. Checked the timing with a light tonight and it was around 50 degrees advanced!!! Set points with feeler gauges and all! Went in and made minute adjustments and got it down to 23 degrees. Definitely using timing light from now on, couldn’t believe how sensitive it was. . . Really just a crapshoot with the feelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to get it! Lol

Well, at least it's going to a good home. But you dont know how excited I was to come across that. If you ever decide to part with it, I'd be happy to make a deal.

Well, at least it's going to a good home. But you dont know how excited I was to come across that. If you ever decide to part with it, I'd be happy to make a deal.

You will be 1st!

Started the clean up of a wind blown macrocarpa tree on our biking trails on the way home from work today. It's a fairly big tree for me anyway and way down in a valley over a creek so going to be interesting getting the golden nuggets out:)

Here's a pretty shoddy picture with the 700. 20181130_164425.jpg I realized I'll need the 800 after I got down here Haha someone reported a tree and I thought it would have been one of the willows. So I couldn't resist and chewed off the stump with the 700 any way cos It was going to be grumpy with me if I didn't after bringing her out for the trip Haha.

So here's my first ever YouTube video Yes it's from my fone and not the best of angles. Full comp semi chisel hand filed 25inch. It's kinda slow as it's a dirty bluegum chain really with a steep angle and could do with the soft wood setting on the depth gauges it still effortlessly just chugs on through it however what a nice saw. And yea sounds better now

Ok, I just ordered a 28 inch Oregon power match, 3/8 .050. Does 91 drivers sound right?

Ok, I just ordered a 28 inch Oregon power match, 3/8 .050. Does 91 drivers sound right?

My 28" bar is 92 drivers. It's a McCulloch (which is a rebadged Windsor, I think ), so it may be different.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) en utilisant Tapatalk

OK fellas,here's an update on the 2-10 that's been giving me all kinds of trouble.I worked on it yesterday & put it all back together & still had no spark.I could hear the spark snapping tho.Today I decided to change out the coil because the moron who had the saw previous to me routed the plug wire through the saw over the cylinder.Either the heat broke down the wire,or it was shorting out.I put a different coil on it & had great spark with the points,so I left the chip out,I routed the plug wire on the outside of the saw like it's supposed to be.I primed the saw with fuel in the plug hole & it fired! I put some fuel in the tank & tried to start it with the recoil & it just spit a bit.It wants to fire,so I'm going to pull the carb & see what it looks like inside.Now that I solved the spark issue I can concentrate on the fuel system.I think I can have this old girl up & running soon!
Ed

Back