McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added an SP70 to my collection this past week. I think I probably paid a little too much for it off of eBay.... but cosmetically it is pretty clean on the outside and has strong blue spark and runs fine (once I got it tuned) plus the auto/manual oiler works. Whoever had it previous had the idle set reallllll low and had it running richer than Bill Gates. There is some very light scoring on the cylinder toward the exhaust side. I believe that is causing the 155 PSI compression reading. That's probably still good for that saw but I have a PM60 at 163 PSI and a Freshly rebuilt 600002U 10-10A at close to 160 PSI with fresh rings/piston. Anyways here's some pics/video of the old girl.

Attachments

• IMG_5864.JPG
    IMG_5864.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5867.JPG
    IMG_5867.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
Also, here is a couple of banners I made via Vistaprint that were shown earlier in this thread and how they turned out.
NOT the greatest looking background with the old fake wood paneling but it's where I work on my saws when I have time.

Attachments

• IMG_5930-001.JPG
    IMG_5930-001.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 25
Also, here is a couple of banners I made via Vistaprint that were shown earlier in this thread and how they turned out.
NOT the greatest looking background with the old fake wood paneling but it's where I work on my saws when I have time.
I like it! Panelling and all! Seems very appropriate for a vintage chainsaw shop.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) en utilisant Tapatalk

Added an SP70 to my collection this past week. I think I probably paid a little too much for it off of eBay.... but cosmetically it is pretty clean on the outside and has strong blue spark and runs fine (once I got it tuned) plus the auto/manual oiler works. Whoever had it previous had the idle set reallllll low and had it running richer than Bill Gates. There is some very light scoring on the cylinder toward the exhaust side. I believe that is causing the 155 PSI compression reading. That's probably still good for that saw but I have a PM60 at 163 PSI and a Freshly rebuilt 600002U 10-10A at close to 160 PSI with fresh rings/piston. Anyways here's some pics/video of the old girl.

Nice sp70 Aaron did it come with the nice new bar too?

Aaron, you win some and lose some. You bought a nice saw that you wanted. It runs good looks good. You paid what you wanted. Ive gotten good deals on ebay and some questionable deals, according to the boss. Lol. But its worth what someones willing to pay. I watched that saw. It was 2hrs from my house. You did fine, looks great sounds great. Dont worry about the compression. Its fine. Enjoy the hobby young man.

Back