McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I understand now. I'm guessing it's the rear portion of the assembly where the tank meets the handle. There are a couple of methods for sealing that. One was with a black sealant. Another was with two gaskets (I think), and I believe a third is with strips of combination gasket/sealant.

In the absence of the above, a bead of anything non-hardening should do the trick. BTW, the part number for item(s) 24 in the illustration is 219280 - 'gasket kit'.

0911191156_resized.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I think I understand now. I'm guessing it's the rear portion of the assembly where the tank meets the handle. There are a couple of methods for sealing that. One was with a black sealant. Another was with two gaskets (I think), and I believe a third is with strips of combination gasket/sealant.

In the absence of the above, a bead of anything non-hardening should do the trick. BTW, the part number for item(s) 24 in the illustration is 219280 - 'gasket kit'.

Yep that's it

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

They say that after the first one they start breeding, hoping for twins and big ones in the 15 lbs range

They do Todd same as your green machine's they breed by themselves like a worm too. An 82cc with a 8 tooth rim 404 chain on a short bar will rip through that 16 inch wood up your way real fast a 70cc 10 series would be ideal though

With 3/8 my 800 is no faster in smaller wood than the 7-10 but 404 would be a hoot.

They do Todd same as your green machine's they breed by themselves like a worm too. An 82cc with a 8 tooth rim 404 chain on a short bar will rip through that 16 inch wood up your way real fast a 70cc 10 series would be ideal though

With 3/8 my 800 is no faster in smaller wood than the 7-10 but 404 would be a hoot.
3/8 likely works better with longer bars. I like 3/8 with a 28" on my 800 or with a 32" on my 850. I've never considered .404 on them but with a 20 or 24 inch I might.

Needless to say, I got the oil pickup tube through, lol. The unused NOS tube was a lot more flexible.

Here's some pics of the NOS 10-10S Short Block from Bob Johnson on a Pro Mac 10-10 chassis - the saw we determined was probably straight gassed a while back.
Gonna give her, her first sip of fuel mix ever in a few hours!!! Would be cool to know the actual age of the block.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Needless to say, I got the oil pickup tube through, lol. The unused NOS tube was a lot more flexible.

Here's some pics of the NOS 10-10S Short Block from Bob Johnson on a Pro Mac 10-10 chassis - the saw we determined was probably straight gassed a while back.
Gonna give her, her first sip of fuel mix ever in a few hours!!! Would be cool to know the actual age of the block.

Wow man. See if you can hunt down a duct type muffler for it. Man that thing will last your lifetime. Look at the old things we find that have already lasted and outlasted a man's lifetime and then still go for us younger guys too. Well done mate

Went to the garbage dump today and look what I found, my first macView attachment 758940View attachment 758941 View attachment 758942
I went to an auction Saturday and passed on the Mac 1000, it went for 125 and my max was 75. I bought a real nice Homelite Super XL Automatic in real good running condition. I started talking to the guy that bought the Mac 1000 and forgot about the little Mini Mac 6. It was clean, but the recoil didn't engage. I really wanted it, it was so little and cute. I turned around and it sold for $5.

I had some time today to look at my mac 140, took the bar off and found it needs a clutch sprocket for sure. The piston and cylinder are excellent and lots of compression. Going to need some work on the starter, I could feel the spring binding as I pulled it over. All the parts are there and it's very dirty around the carb area. Bar and chain look good. This little saw has my interest and it will run again

I had some time today to look at my mac 140, took the bar off and found it needs a clutch sprocket for sure. The piston and cylinder are excellent and lots of compression. Going to need some work on the starter, I could feel the spring binding as I pulled it over. All the parts are there and it's very dirty around the carb area. Bar and chain look good. This little saw has my interest and it will run again
The recoil could possibly only need a good cleaning.If there's a lot of dirt,oil,& sawdust in there it'll act like that.
Ed

Is there any things to be aware about when taking it apart. You know the ones that, I wished I'd never done that
Not really Todd,I've had a couple of the mini mac starters apart & they're not bad.If the pawls are steel & the pulley is plastic,it'd be a good idea to change out the steel pawls with plastic ones.They're not easy to change though because they're riveted in.Bob Johnson sells the conversion kits.If you'll be pulling the saw apart to address the points and/or carb,then it's not a big deal.A word of advice - if you do carb work,also do point work & vice versa.There are a lot of folks who don't like these saws becauser you have to pull them completely apart just to do carb work or points,but they're really not that bad.There are a couple of very informative videos on YouTube that walk you through the tear down & reassembly progress.Watch them & you'll be good to go_Of course if you need any help,there are good folks here to help you out.
Ed
Ed

Back