McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got two 7-10 IPLs and both say thin 85239piston 89732ring set they are 76 and 77 so very late 7-10. It has (thin) beside it but no mention of (thick) or its numbers.

Interesting 1 of them is a 7-10 power unit and not chain saw. Everything is the same except it has no parts or pictures for an oiler

You going to re ring it?

Good to see some 7-10 ports finally and booyah I see different transfers to the 700 allready. Can you get any measurements? A guy a fair few pages back had some 700 numbers

Pretty sure 700 is open transfers. I have one apart at home. I will try and take a pic tonight.

Yeah there all open transfers but the 700 has a bridge in the transfer the 7-10 doesn't.

Thanks for taking some pictures my camera is buggerd so I can't

Is the “bridge” the same as the divider? I believe someone here has some MAC literature that says the divider was added to the 82cc saws (later SP80 or the SP81 not sure which) because it produced more power. Maybe they did the same for the 70cc model change and didn’t get the same results. Funny if all else is the same.

Ron

Is the “bridge” the same as the divider? I believe someone here has some MAC literature that says the divider was added to the 82cc saws (later SP80 or the SP81 not sure which) because it produced more power. Maybe they did the same for the 70cc model change and didn’t get the same results. Funny if all else is the same.

Ron

Yeah divider that's the correct term. I was thinking about that with the 82cc saws too. You would think they would of tested the hell of them enough to notice a performance change and fixed it. It just seems odd. Unless it was a reliability thing but there's more than 1 or two 7-10s still earning there keep long after there original owners have ummm expired

It' really hard to fix a power speed t a saw when they are so old. I have a late 700 that will cut with a 7-10 but the 700 is a lot fresher than my 7-10's.

I usually defer to Mark who has a lot of NOS parts.

A bridge would be a divider in the transfers. I'm guessing they added velocity. Some open port saws have three transfers or two dividers.

I guess you can’t always rely on the marketing literature. MAC also says the PM800 makes more horsepower than the PM850, but almost uniformly owners of both here say otherwise. I say make your saw run the best you can and go cut. Chain is where a lot of performance is gained or lost. I need to up my game there the most.

Ron

Yeah good points guy's. It was more a curiosity thing really my 700 is fairly tired and so is 1 of my 7-10s but both run really well and pull 20 inch bars perfectly I can't hardly tell a difference at all apart from weight ofcourse.

Both hang on the cord for about 8 seconds before turning over a notch

Absolutely chain is a massive factor no denying that. Brian says your sharpening is very good Ron

Latest posts

Back