McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't weighed them but the 7-10 starter housing itself is significantly lighter and less reinforced. The clutch cover obviously and the tank too.

My bitsa 57-10 thing has a PM starter on it and it seems very light allready. I have the older stuff but it was ugly lol

View attachment 801119

View attachment 801120

I got another one cleaned up today, McCulloch 35A...runs on prime...

View attachment 801122

View attachment 801123

I will probably change the bar to something more "period correct" when I move it over to the museum.

Mark

What spinner do you use when you make loops?
I noticed that you don't have a drawer marked .404 .050, I had to hand thin a .063 drive link for a loop of stihl to fit a modern 24" bar to run on a pro mac 700.20200101_142836.jpg

Tecomec Chainsaw Saw Chain Repair Master Breaker Spinner COMBO

s-l1600.jpg

Brian

Haha that's what I am using! , the only thing is it makes me a little nervous with the 6 cube and up saws .

Hahaha fair enough. I'll tell ya something I bought on Ebay a bag full of "Oregon" presets and when they arrived the brand was ummm lol "longer" hmmmm aw well I'll give them ago so anyway the new chain that came with my 32 was too long so I used a new preset that evening while sharpening I checked it and :( it had cracked a tie strap in half I was dragging that chain around on 1 tie strap for who knows how long.

I'm not sure if it was the cheap china steel or me useing a hammer to peen them over or the combination but it hasn't done it again and now I'm careful how much I hit them. I've got several on a few different chains now but it gave me a fright though

I use the same riveting tool, leaned how to use one 54 years ago putting knives back on a mowing machine section. Today for saw chains, rivet tool and a short section of rail road iron for an anvil.

Keep it simple.

That's a good idea for an anvil the real things are hard to get.

Yeah I dont see the need really the hammer works good once ya get the hang of it

Frawleys saw shop/ loggerchaindotcom has Oregon presets by the bag of 10 or 25. For all sizes.

Jethro, I don't think it had anything to do with your rivet tool. I tap the rivets until they resemble in hight the factory ones. I have had good luck with the bag of presets like you got.

Jethro, in looking at your tool, I might use a smaller one for preset rivets. I find for convenience to rest the majority of the chain on a like hight object so your not fighting any alignment issues. My vice just happens to hold the chain level with my RR iron.

I just realized I have a 1"× 8" ×20" piece of flat steel that would work slick for doing chains, actual have 3 pieces.

Have you had some of the China ones? Perhaps it was a dodgy one maybe as I haven't had another fail since.

Yeah I actually use a smaller tool that was just the nearest ball peen lol.

Hows my crappy photos? I've been useing my selfie camera had to peel some of the busted up screen protector away. My front camera lense is busted out

Have you had some of the China ones? Perhaps it was a dodgy one maybe as I haven't had another fail since.

Yeah I actually use a smaller tool that was just the nearest ball peen lol.

Hows my crappy photos? I've been useing my selfie camera had to peel some of the busted up screen protector away. My front camera lense is busted out

Yes I got a box of them, 5 bags to the box, each bag has 5 presets. They were shipped from NJ to me, for someting like $7.00 including shipping.

Photos look good for being upside down from down under. LMAO.

:)

My current phone/camera is an older Samsung s5, it has never had a screen protecter or a case. My petite, XXL hands have a hard enough time with it without confinement.

Many products are marketed for the sole purpose of removing money from your pocket.

My current phone/camera is an older Samsung s5, it has never had a screen protecter or a case. My petite, XXL hands have a hard enough time with it without confinement.

Many products are marketed for the sole purpose of removing money from your pocket.

Oh yes they certainly are the whole smart phone thing in general is really

That's a good idea for an anvil the real things are hard to get.

Yeah I dont see the need really the hammer works good once ya get the hang of it

Around here RR rail is scare as well. Of course when you are as hard headed as Brian you don't need an anvil - no matter how much he brings it up, I am not buying his Bultaco nor running his MAC 35.

Ron

Back