McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy at work gave me these today, full. They arent Mac but I thought they where still cool.
2b63ba26dad6179e5501998650982344.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lets play caption the picture game! For example
" is it cut the red wire or the blue wire? AAHH SCREW IT !"

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY KEYS?!?! Better check the bar oil tank....maybe it fell in....hmmmm
WHATS THAT? Shut up woman, I’m looking for my DAMN KEYS! DINNER CAN WAIT!! I SWEAR TO GOD IF TOU TELL ME ONE.... MORE .....TIME .... IM GETTING A HOTEL!!!

I think it's a homelite super 2 although the color is wrong lol. In person you can see the fuel and bar oil caps, plus the hand placement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Very cool I'm trying to figure out what saw he has there. Cracks me up no ear muffs no glasses no visor. He has some gloves though

That's how I get down when I'm buckin' wood too... Hey wait a minute! :laugh:

Seriously though, if nothing else, I always have gloves. Buckin', splittin', stackin'... I get tired of picking out splinters, no need to make a thing out of it. LOL

I passed on an 85239 from Bob for that reason (among others).

Because he yells at you when you call? LOL!! Seriously though, I've learned to hold the phone away from my ear, "THIS IS BOB IN PARTS" (or something to that effect) Super nice guy though, has been very helpful. I resisted calling him at first because, well I'm an introvert, but now I'm glad I have.

Used to be a lot more people like him around back in the day, just generally speaking. Seems like they're getting few and far between now unfortunately. I always liked walking into a "legit" parts house for car parts with a greasy guy named Cooter behind the counter, vs some dingleberry in one of the big name auto parts stores now that doesn't know a cam from a crank, but wants to sell you bulb grease... :nofunny:

Has anyone used his tillotson kits? We were talking about that briefly - I assume it's the same/similar to Sugar Creek?

Call bob j, "Bobs lawnmower and engine service"
Thats his answer.

Ive got a couple tillotson carbs. Never an issue with the kits.

The guy in the oil can....definately homeowner marketed. No boots, gloves are cotton, no ear or eye protection as he is closely looking to see how that chain is cutting thru that tree. Shirt is unbuttoned a bit, sleeves rolled up. Very fun to think about the marketing and a good caption........

AWOL has/had a Sunnen hone and was able to hone a 2-10 cylinder for me to fit an oversize piston...

Any chance you remember how far out the cylinder was before you chose to have it honed for the larger piston? And were there specific performance issues related to the decision to hone it, or was it just due to cylinder damage? I may have a reasonable option for getting this 7-10 cylinder honed and am considering it. But I'm also wondering if 0.007 piston / cylinder clearance and the less than optimum rings would actually have been enough to cause the original tuning problem. 0.007 is 2 thou out of spec for saws, but right at the edge for kart engines, (though granted..., kart engines don't spend much time idling).

I picked up this Mcculloch off the side of the road today... in a plastic case no less. This saw is not exactly your vintage magnesium Mac, but it's apparently complete minus the bar, and has good compression. And the price (free) was right!

So far all I know is it's a plastic assembled in Mexico Mac, 2.3 cubes, factory refurbished? And it's leaking bar oil profusely, probably why it was tossed out.

Anyone know what the H this thing is? The closest thing I could find was a Titan 40...

20200311_222758.jpg20200311_222758.jpg

Attachments

• 20200311_222736.jpg
    20200311_222736.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200311_222755.jpg
    20200311_222755.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20200311_222822.jpg
    20200311_222822.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 10
I picked up this Mcculloch off the side of the road today... in a plastic case no less. This saw is not exactly your vintage magnesium Mac, but it's apparently complete minus the bar, and has good compression. And the price (free) was right!

So far all I know is it's a plastic assembled in Mexico Mac, 2.3 cubes, factory refurbished? And it's leaking bar oil profusely, probably why it was tossed out.

Anyone know what the H this thing is? The closest thing I could find was a Titan 40...

Can't tell you the model for sure, but I had one similar I patched up that dumped bar oil. There was just a little hose, like fuel line (I think that's what I used) that runs from the oil tank to the pump if I remember correctly. The original had rotted away. At first I thought the case had cracked and it was just leaking out the bottom, but turns out that was just the shell halves, and there's a little tank back there. That one was a model 3516, yours looks like it might be a slightly bigger version of that (e.g. a 3818)

Back