McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished up a couple more plastic Mac's today. The first up is the anti-vibe edition of the 32/35/38 cc plastic saws. This one was very low on compression so I put a NOS short block in it that I got from Bob Johnson a while back. This is basically a new saw now.

View attachment 809314

View attachment 809315

View attachment 809316

View attachment 809317

I forgot to get some better photos of this one, this is a very late model (2005) 50 cc saw with all of the modern features. Starts, runs, oils as it should...I am tempted to take it out and see how it cuts but I may be spoiled for 50 cc saws with my warmed over 550XP (Husqvarna). I will put this one in the museum but would be willing to sell it if someone was really interested. Has 200 PSI compression...

View attachment 809320

View attachment 809321

Mark
Out of curiosity do you know the bore and stroke of the 2050 saw?

Ron that clutch cover looks to have the same wear pattern as the cover I have off the 10-10 I found with the bow bar .
Most of the bow bar clutch covers look like they are modified by Hammy Mcfisterson . After a couple of thrown chains on it and it just looks like a wear pattern.

The end of the original rivet was chewed off as well. Ron

I have not investigated the specifications of the 2050 but now you have piqued my curiosity.

Some of the earlier 10 Series saws had 1/4" or 6mm spark plug leads. Even if the coil had 7mm originally, not all 7mm wire fits conveniently in the coil. I found some left hand hollow bits from Rockler Woodworking that are intended to be screw extractors and work well for removing the broken off bit of spark plug lead that remains in the coil. Just remember to work slowly and carefully.

Mark

Pics of a spark plug lead from the 2-10 on my bench vs one of my later 10-10s
e5c64f7a7394fec695ab071c99616850.jpg
312ef550fe34188588842d9f4659dafc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think I have it sorted. I went through and rechecked the points, the coil air gap, and the wiring and kill switch, still no joy. Swapped the coil from the 2-10, and all good.
I made another wire for the old coil using a homelite coil wire I had here and put it on the 2-10 short block. It still seems weak and intermittent so I may be looking for a coil. I guess I should have just left the 2-10 as a parts saw. Oh well.

Corona Silver Lining

Most everything is shut down here - brought the family home for the weekend.

Little hike together to a waterfall today.
IMG_5140.JPG
Granddaughter, daughter, daughter, granddaughter, s-i-l prospect, granddaughter, daughter, and son-in-law

We were one over the 10 limit.

Be safe out there.

Ron

Corona Silver Lining

Most everything is shut down here - brought the family home for the weekend.

Little hike together to a waterfall today.
View attachment 809637
Granddaughter, daughter, daughter, granddaughter, s-i-l prospect, granddaughter, daughter, and son-in-law

We were one over the 10 limit.

Be safe out there.

Ron

Really really nice picture Ron thanks for sharing with us

I am having a stupid problem with my 1-52 but it is a problem nonetheless. It had a massive bar oil leak coming from the oiler piston. I pulled the fuel tank to investigate and found the umbrella on the oiler piston was fine but the o ring was shrunken and dried out. I tried to replace the o ring but the best fitting one I found locally is a little too fat apparently because if I push the piston in it wont come back out. Does anyone know the correct dimensions for this o ring and where to get one? Thanks.

So I've been mucking around with a rough Promac 55 i have. I have her stripped and just noticed this... Was thinking i could knock the direct opposite one off to retain balance, but have decided to rob a good one off a parts saw instead. Also discover my muffler has a crack running through it, so might try a bit of bronze weld to stop it spreading. I'm lucky i have a spare saw to rob for parts, otherwise this saw wouldn't have been worth all the hassle!
PM55.jpg

I would just run it with the missing fin. My 4-10 has one missing, no noticeable imbalance.

I've taken it off & cleaned the other one i have, so i might as well fit it now. Good to know though, I'll keep it in my spares box.

Ben - I think you will find the balance and vibration of a single cylinder engine are such that missing a fin really does not make any noticeable difference.

I did some searching today and cannot find any specifications for the 2050AV model. I will have to keep looking and see if I can find anything. I did get some additional photos but they are on the other computer.

Ron - "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking..."

Mark

Ben - I think you will find the balance and vibration of a single cylinder engine are such that missing a fin really does not make any noticeable difference.

I did some searching today and cannot find any specifications for the 2050AV model. I will have to keep looking and see if I can find anything. I did get some additional photos but they are on the other computer.

Ron - "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking..."

Mark
Were the 2050s made in Italy? Like the Eagle saws?

So I've been mucking around with a rough Promac 55 i have. I have her stripped and just noticed this... Was thinking i could knock the direct opposite one off to retain balance, but have decided to rob a good one off a parts saw instead. Also discover my muffler has a crack running through it, so might try a bit of bronze weld to stop it spreading. I'm lucky i have a spare saw to rob for parts, otherwise this saw wouldn't have been worth all the hassle!
View attachment 809797
Honestly I don't know how people break fins off those?
The 55 is a fun saw you'll be happy with it and glad you fixed it , they're no slouch.

View attachment 809797

Latest posts

Back