McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the unit preferred by lots of folks and the one I have. All metal with 100% serviceable parts. Bought mine just for two stroke testing back when they were a lot cheaper. I think you can still get one for around 50 bux if you shop. It pays for itself with the first leak it finds that would otherwise have burned up a saw.

I don’t post much like I used but I still keep a watch on you guys to make sure you’re behaving.
Good to see ya round again.
Ditto.

Not sure this qualifies as "behaving", but I have been getting quite a bit of mileage out of those IPL's you sent my way a few years back (in case you haven't noticed). LOL

That's the unit preferred by lots of folks and the one I have. All metal with 100% serviceable parts. Bought mine just for two stroke testing back when they were a lot cheaper. I think you can still get one for around 50 bux if you shop. It pays for itself with the first leak it finds that would otherwise have burned up a saw.
This is got me thinking as I need to dig out the used unit I have. Thanks everyone.

I use that one as well. I have the older version too but it only does vacuum not pressure. I use that one for pressure testing carbs too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I use that one as well. I have the older version too but it only does vacuum not pressure. I use that one for pressure testing carbs too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yea my older one only does vac. I figure a tire pump will do the pressure.

Being a cheapskate and needing a tester very infrequently, I use a veterinarian syringe, some tubing, a tee fitting and a 45 year old vacuum/pressure gauge. Ron

Ron you just opened my eyes big time I have alot of old vacuum gauges lying around at work from old milking machines and milking machine testing equipment also. Thank you

Thank you sir. I think I have 14 total.

And one 54cc 10 series and one mini

14 wow sitting on a gold mine lol Do you have a favorite?

Personally and this is just me, I don't think he has any of the 14 saws because I haven't seen any pictures of them.

Hahaha as the weirdo I am and have read most of this thread I can vouch that yes indeed he does have that many but... some pictures would be nice as most of the pictures are gone from years ago.

C'mon Joey show us ya saws

Personally and this is just me, I don't think he has any of the 14 saws because I haven't seen any pictures of them.

I used to be super active on here and educated myself as well as the group quite a bit with the 10 series. I shared a lot of my collection and Mark ended up with a bunch of them. Now I just use them. I got rid of everything except for what I mentioned above.

0c42369912e11267c9007ca3d327b3e6.jpg

d798ac59a74a82afada44af5f65b83d1.jpg

I even had a new old stock PM8200 that I just had to let go because my saws get used and don’t sit on the shelf. I’ve got pictures of that somewhere on my computer but not on my phone

Hahaha as the weirdo I am and have read most of this thread I can vouch that yes indeed he does have that many but... some pictures would be nice as most of the pictures are gone from years ago.

C'mon Joey show us ya saws

Just now took those pictures as that’s how they sit all the time. Every now and then I’ll knock the dust off of them and use them.

Ron you just opened my eyes big time I have alot of old vacuum gauges lying around at work from old milking machines and milking machine testing equipment also. Thank you

14 wow sitting on a gold mine lol Do you have a favorite?

The SP80 and SP81 Are my favorite as they seem to be the most powerful and lightest weight

I really want a SP for that very reason:) contemplate converting the 850 to SP 1 day. Buy it bit by bit over time

I'm sad you don't have a 7-10:(

The 70cc saws never did much for me. One I regret selling a lot is the PM60! And I regret selling the McCharger as I used that a lot. I think that went to Mark

I don’t really miss the SP105 or SP125c. Sure they were cool but wouldn’t use them much.

The PM1000 was a turd.

I still hold the record for most Macs running at one time!

Not all are running in the vid. This was almost a decade ago!

I don't think that record will be beaten unless we convince Mark:)

I don't think a video does the sound justice it must of been a real bashing of the senses.

I guess it's what your cutting I really enjoy my 57cc it's as quick or faster than the 7-10s in 16 inch wood. The 7-10s have a nice power to weight in the ridged chassis and if you cut alot of 20 inch wood in messy ugly limby trees there great. The 82 even with a 20 inch bar climbing around in the mess is a heavy beast of a saw but I guess the SP81 would almost make the 7-10 redundant.
Screenshot_20200331-085819_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200331-085418_Gallery.jpg
This is the saws element

A 100 ish cc 10 series would off been a beast

The 70cc saws never did much for me. One I regret selling a lot is the PM60! And I regret selling the McCharger as I used that a lot. I think that went to Mark

I don’t really miss the SP105 or SP125c. Sure they were cool but wouldn’t use them much.

The PM1000 was a turd.

I never liked the looks of the "partner " pm1000.
Yes I believe the PM 60 could be a good description of the 1 saw plan.

Latest posts

Back