McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang,
McCulloch chainsaw part number 87840. Its the tanks spacer on a 10-10s. I am sure Bob in NY has them but he's running behind right now. Anybody know where i can get one quick? I had a stuck tank screw and had to saws all it out (carefully) to get tank off. and when i say stuck I mean torx stripped, drilled it out still stuck. The saws all was a last resort. search on internet was a bust thus far. Thanks.

Hey gang,
McCulloch chainsaw part number 87840. Its the tanks spacer on a 10-10s. I am sure Bob in NY has them but he's running behind right now. Anybody know where i can get one quick? I had a stuck tank screw and had to saws all it out (carefully) to get tank off. and when i say stuck I mean torx stripped, drilled it out still stuck. The saws all was a last resort. search on internet was a bust thus far. Thanks.
How thick is it? I have one but not sure if its the right one.

Hey gang,

If I was in a hurry for a spacer for the tank I would use some 1/4" nuts and washers to make up the required height, crazy glue them together and go with that until I could get one.

You might need to do a bit of grinding or filing to get the height exact.

Hey gang,
I went looking and cannot find it. Likely ive used it somewhere. Sorry.

Hey gang,
I found one for ya on Leon's Chainsaw Parts & Repair in Oregon.It's $4.99 + shipping

If you'd rather not spend a mini fortune on this,try using a gutter spike ferrule.It should be just about the right diameter & easy to cut as it's made of aluminum.

https://www.leonschainsawpartsandre...Mac_4300_Chainsaw_Fuel_Tank_Spacer_87840.html

Brand new 700 on ebay right now. Very pricey, and there are already like 16 bids on it. If only that money tree would grow... Maybe it's afraid I'll cut it down. :laugh:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mc...239578?hash=item48e62b409a:g:Y-4AAOSwrIRe0HTE
I enjoy watching ebay auctions, and saw that one the other day. It was at 830.00 on day one. Theres been a nos 700 on ebay for a very long time also. Buy it now is 1800.00.
Watched a DE80 go the other day for $455.00! It was pretty clean and ran well. I was surprised by that one.but thats auctions. Fun to watch.

Latest posts

Back