McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have an idea where I can find material suitable for making fuel pump and metering diaphragms? I would like to locate some of the Mylar/Teflon material if possible.

Mark

Maybe something like these? They have straight up teflon sheet too, but I wouldn't think it would hold up as well to wear and tear like mylar. I have no idea what these are like, was just poking around out of curiosity. McMaster-Carr has a bunch of stuff listed on their site, and even some "make your own" sheet gasket. Might be worth a call to them? Gonna cost ya coming from MC though. :)

https://www.fuelcellearth.com/product-category/fuelcell-component/gaskets/mylar-gaskets/
https://www.professionalplastics.com/MYLARFILM
https://www.mcmaster.com/plastic-film/

Need ideas on Pro Mac 10 10s with no spark.

Did you check the points/condenser while you were in there? I'd at least give them a good filin' and set them.
Could also try an ignition module. I know some frown on those, but having just worked on my BIL 10-10 with one, I was reminded how well they do at low RPM.

FWIW, I've gotten one of those coils so hot the plastic started to bubble (long story) and it still worked - they're pretty durable.

Did you check the points/condenser while you were in there? I'd at least give them a good filin' and set them.
Could also try an ignition module. I know some frown on those, but having just worked on my BIL 10-10 with one, I was reminded how well they do at low RPM.

FWIW, I've gotten one of those coils so hot the plastic started to bubble (long story) and it still worked - they're pretty durable.
No points, wish it did. Yes, this saw was packed with sawdust/oil and I do believe the orig. coil/module was overheated. Already replaced coil/module and plug wire. Now getting spark but not until around 800rpm. Will be trying another flywheel soon. Will also try third plug.

One good thing is the tank is plastic,so it'll clean up good.I've got a good engine for a 610,it just needs seals.I had it running last yr.for a very short time.I didn't do a compression test,but it wouldn't take much to do one.
Are you interested in letting it go Ed? I would be interested if the price is right.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Here's some pics of the 5-10 I got last week that was "on vacation" for a couple weeks.It's only got 120 psi & it doesn't want to start when warm & then it only runs for a short time,then dies.I put a new fuel filter on it & dumped out the fuel I had in it originally.They had a plug in it that belonged in a 17 HP Briggs engine.It's got great spark & probably needs a carb rebuild,but I don't know if I should waste my time.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

These are the offending videos:

"If you will..." Could make a drinking game out of that video. :laugh: A reasonably good video from Husky, have seen that before - they destroy that guy in comments though. :D

Felling is one of those type things where it's "what's the best way to..." and the answer is "it depends".

Speaking of that, got to get the 7-10 and a PM55 I just rebuilt out for a test drive at the BIL. 55 was solid, but it had semi-chisel "safety" chain, man what a night and day difference between that and the LGX on the 7-10. Not thinking about where the chip exit was on one of the cuts, I accidentally covered him in chips using the 7-10. It was like chainsaw jetwash LOL

20201010_154030.jpg

I recently read an article in a homesteading magazine I subscribe too about heating with wood. They where advocating felling trees with just a back cut!!! I can't think of any situation where I would do that unless dealing with very small diameter wood.

Here is a screen shot.
5b5c7bd93addeb6ac7d7e738c5033cbb.jpg

Here is a screen shot.
5b5c7bd93addeb6ac7d7e738c5033cbb.jpg

What an idiot! A lot of books have been written about notching. Apparently the writer has never seen them.
I notch 4" trees even if I help them over with my hand.

Time setting it up? I like how they give other "safety tips " but without a notch who knows where the tree will go?
I can see it now , tree starts to go ,operator releases throttle saw is stuck because no hinge and tries to yank saw out ,struggling leaves saw to be crushed by falling tree!

Back