McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, what I could see was a 250, 140, and one of the old real skinny Mac's I forget what model they are, any help on those? He wants $25 apiece for them. The next time I stop in I'm going to take a better light and see if I can move the ladder so I can get down that row of shelves with the Macs. Should I get all 3 of the above mentioned saws?
Was it a 140 (tiny top handle) or a 1-40 (looks like 250)? Either way, the big 80cc Macs cut pretty decent and tend to be really reliable and dead-nuts simple to work on if they have a problem. I got a 1-40 that sat in a barn covered with bird poop and had old gas in the tank, all I did was put some fresh gas in it and some PB Blaster on the recoil and it ran like a top and always started in 3-4 pulls cold.

Kevin i keep hearing that about them, but they are so ugly I can't bring myself to get one. Haha
I was the same way, but I got one of these for free and paid $20 for the other one. I couldn't really say no.
I had a timber bear previously but never really gave it a chance since it is the same size as a 10-10. Id rather run a 10-10. I lack a 60cc saw in the lineup so these fill that spot for now lol.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Was it a 140 (tiny top handle) or a 1-40 (looks like 250)? Either way, the big 80cc Macs cut pretty decent and tend to be really reliable and dead-nuts simple to work on if they have a problem. I got a 1-40 that sat in a barn covered with bird poop and had old gas in the tank, all I did was put some fresh gas in it and some PB Blaster on the recoil and it ran like a top and always started in 3-4 pulls cold.
1-40. I might go by his place tomorrow and pic up the 1-40 and the 33. He has a couple big Homelites I like too.

Anyone know what the top rpm should be for the 10 10s? I have it at 10,500 and it sounds good, still good 4 stroke that clears up in the cut.

That's all ya need to worry about. I tell ya though my S loves to rev like really rev compared to my 54s they sound lean and scary the S still has a real healthy pop pop way past the 54. Dont be afraid to let it sing its ported well if it still pops when letting up the load then your safe

That's all ya need to worry about. I tell ya though my S loves to rev like really rev compared to my 54s they sound lean and scary the S still has a real healthy pop pop way past the 54. Dont be afraid to let it sing its ported well if it still pops when letting up the load then your safe
Thanks. Yeah, that's how I set all my saws, just curious what the spec was. This thing really snaps and is louder than I expected considering the baffle and screen in the muffler. Dang, might have to hang on to it.

McCulloch was reluctant to publish such specs for whatever reason(s). Here's a later 'Setup Specs' sheet that covers a general range of saws, but of all the saws, they neglected the 10-10 except for the 'S' which clocks in at 11,500. I'd say 10,500 for a 10-10 is maybe a little conservative, but Macs are pretty distinctive in their sound and their performance when dialed in to particular cutting conditions.

Attachments

• Mac Setup Specs.pdf
    266.4 KB · Views: 22
Back