McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, they are old. 00607-00-C, 07053, 05845, 08518-02-A, 08466, 07047, 08466, 09072-04. It is a mix of condensers and points. Back when I got them I spent a little time trying to find out what they are for but had very little luck. Good luck
Thanks,I'll probably need that luck as I don't recognize those #s at all.Lol The 07047 is also a Homelite part # 64479.I don't know what saw it goes to though.Give me a little time,I'm having hand surgery on Fri.,so I'll have time over the weekend to look more.00607-00-C,08518-02-A,& 09072-04 I believe are Wico condensers.

I finally conquered the beast! I will admit that this one step of trying to get the SP81's upper half off had me stuck for almost two weeks, and I hated every moment of it because it didn't make sense to me why it was being so difficult.
Of course, this is the SP81 that was being held together by random screws, nuts, washers and lots of hope and dreams.
For any future people who may be working on their own Super Pro 81 and got stuck where I did, and are searching these forums for help, here's two key pieces of info:
1: You can indeed just pull the whole thing up without unscrewing the rear mount once you get all the other screws out. The anti vibe rubber is just really pressed in tight to the handle/carb area and needs lots of wiggling to free it.
2: If you are also like me and wonder why none of your wrenches can fit the rear mounts bolt, check for THIS... :laugh:
thisthing.jpg
I couldn't believe it when I finally got the top off and noticed this. Is that how these came from the factory? Or did someone do this?
With the top off, here's another little look inside. I see that the rubber intake thing has a little damage around the edge. Is this bad enough to need replacing?
sp81_intake1.jpg
sp81_intake2.jpg
thisthing2.jpg
Anyway... I can finally continue the disassembly and get this thing in half to see the real condition of the piston and cylinder. Hopefully it will be good and worth all the effort!
Also, I think nothing exemplifies the weird jury-rigging going on with this poor saw better than this one screw...
PeakEngineering.jpg

I finally conquered the beast! I will admit that this one step of trying to get the SP81's upper half off had me stuck for almost two weeks, and I hated every moment of it because it didn't make sense to me why it was being so difficult.
Of course, this is the SP81 that was being held together by random screws, nuts, washers and lots of hope and dreams.
For any future people who may be working on their own Super Pro 81 and got stuck where I did, and are searching these forums for help, here's two key pieces of info:
1: You can indeed just pull the whole thing up without unscrewing the rear mount once you get all the other screws out. The anti vibe rubber is just really pressed in tight to the handle/carb area and needs lots of wiggling to free it.
2: If you are also like me and wonder why none of your wrenches can fit the rear mounts screw, check for THIS... :laugh:
View attachment 869154
I couldn't believe it when I finally got the top off and noticed this. Is that how these came from the factory? Or did someone do this?
With the top off, here's another little look inside. I see that the rubber intake thing has a little damage around the edge. Is this bad enough to need replacing?
View attachment 869152
View attachment 869153
View attachment 869155
Anyway... I can finally continue the disassembly and get this thing in half to see the real condition of the piston and cylinder. Hopefully it will be good and worth all the effort!
Also, I think nothing exemplifies the weird jury-rigging going on with this poor saw better than this one screw...
View attachment 869151
I'd definitely replace that intake boot if I were you.They're not that expensive & Mark H.might have one for you.It looks to be the same boot as is on the DE80.

The metal bolt lock tab is factory.

The DE 80's carb mounts to a manifold that is attached directly to the cylinder; it has a three piece boot assembly that seals around the manifold. It will not work. However, the intake boot from any of the other 82cc MACs or AV ten series should fit fine though there has been more than one version over the years.

Ron

I just picked up this 10-10S on eBay tonight fairly cheap ($126).It has 140psi,I assume on a dry cylinder,& it has spark.It needs a new air filter,the old one is missing,& possibly a new manual oil rod & a new switch button.No bar or chain with the saw either,no problem.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 9
Hmmmm, Can you put the electronic ignition from a newer Mac on an older mini Mac with points

If so what saws had electronic ignition that woul work

What exactly would you need?

Thank you kindly

I watched that one end on ebay last night. U got a good price for sure. Me and my you gest daughter (9) were betting on the final price. She said 110.00..i said 112.00. I was closer..lol
I just picked up this 10-10S on eBay tonight fairly cheap ($126).It has 140psi,I assume on a dry cylinder,& it has spark.It needs a new air filter,the old one is missing,& possibly a new manual oil rod & a new switch button.No bar or chain with the saw either,no prob

Can someone post link to southern boys website again? I ordered a hat from them (paid for) and almost a month later no communication or anything. Feeling some what frustrated about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, Can you put the electronic ignition from a newer Mac on an older mini Mac with points

If so what saws had electronic ignition that woul work

What exactly would you need?

Thank you kindly

If you're talking like a Mac 110, you could use an electronic ignition from a 2.0 for example. Pretty much the same saw, but you'd need the magneto and coil from the 2.0. You could then remove the points/condenser. However... you'd also then need the carb insulator, as the kill switch tab is mounted to that in the new ones and mounted to the points box (as i recall anyway) on the older ones.
You could fabri-cobble something for that I suppose, but words of experience; the insulator will crack apart if you try to screw into it. :) I tried to patch up a 2.0 that somehow the factory kill switch tab had come off the insulator, and ended up throwing the insulator out after pretty much destroying it trying to drill/tap/screw a new tab onto it.

It'd honestly be easier and cheaper to just chip a points saw if you can find a place to hide it. Space is tight on those lil guys!

Can someone post link to southern boys website again? I ordered a hat from them (paid for) and almost a month later no communication or anything. Feeling some what frustrated about this.

https://www.bellhopperchainsaws.com/
FWIW I never got a confirmation email or anything, it just showed up one day. A month is a bit too long though...

North East Tennessee Saturday MAC Report

Be safe.
Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

I guess being cheap has caught up with me. As of Thursday I can’t scroll beyond a 1/3 of a page on my home computer which is running Windows Vista. Can’t view recent pictures. Working off my phone I can’t post the resized pictures Brian took today. I guess AS must have upgraded something.

Any ideas here short of a new computer.

Ron

I believe Windows Vista was the precursor to Windows 7?If so I'm sure the support for Vista ran out long ago as Windows 7 support has now run out as well.I spoke about this with my local computer shop & he told me it doesn't matter if Windows no longer supports their product.The thing is,Windows 8 is just as obsolete & Windows 10 isn't far behind.If you go anywhere to get Windows 10 installed they'll charge you $100.I had one outfit quote me $200 & I pretty much told them to take a hike.
My computer is constantly giving me problems & I have to do a restart constantly.

Even Firefox has dropped support for Vista. But it worked fine until your post on Thursday - so I am guessing AS upgraded something.
Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can go to the office and post assuming I can get photos there.

Ron
You can always fall back to the Post Office...

They have fiddled with something the picture thingy majiggy is different.

We got 1 of those computer things but to be honest hardly ever need it now which is strange for me I've only had a smart phone for a couple years I protested against them for a decade lol. Still hate smearing my grubby hands all over the screen and its rather annoying pulling out a busted phone from ya pocket not even knowing what did it. Got a hole through 1 of the cameras now:(

They only make the lifeproof cases for the crazy expensive ones and be buggerd if I'll pay 2grand for a dam cell phone 500 hurts enough:).

Hope ya get it sorted Ron

North East Tennessee Saturday MAC Report

Another beautiful day in NET yesterday. Report is running late. I am using my office computer. I resized the photos as small as I could but they still use more bits that usual. Brian was into action shots. My pictures were the usual and are stuck on my out of date home computer.

Brian, Lee and I took on the falling and bucking of some dead Ash. It was good to have the 800 in my hands again.

Brian's perfectly balanced 805.
IMG_1063 (640x480).jpg
Lee working on his balance.
IMG_1064 (640x480).jpg

Putting a face cut.
IMG_1059 (480x640).jpgIMG_1061 (480x640).jpg

A smaller one on its way.
IMG_1062 (480x640).jpg

Watching a small cherry hang.
IMG_1066 (480x640).jpg

To be continued.
Ron