McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutting the hinge. You know what happens next. Brian's 1010 to the rescue. Well, almost.
IMG_1068 (480x640).jpgIMG_1069 (480x640).jpgIMG_1070 (480x640).jpg

Nothing a 5# Plumb can't handle.

New off-brand at work. Need a wrap handle - there goes almost a pound of the weight savings.
IMG_1073 (480x640).jpg

Be safe.

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

Let's see if this is working today.
IMG_5769.JPG

Brian and his 1010 are in the far background bucking the larger Ash. Squint, look to the left of the stem in the center and you might be able to see him.
IMG_5780.JPG

Hope this site works through a full page. I still can't get past post 39,028 on the previous page.

Ron

Quick question (and a dumb one lol) does anyone know how long the pull cord should be on a 610? One of mine binds the spring when I pull it out all the way. I only have one turn of preload with the rope fully wrapped. Thinking I just have too much rope on there. I have disassembled it and cleaned and lubed everything already.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Kevin - I am guessing the spring may have broken and been reformed at some point. You should be able to wrap the pulley full, 42 to 48" to start with, and not reach the limit of the spring. The spring itself is the same one used on LH start 10 Series saws so you probably have one on hand already.

Mark

Just saw these listed on eBay. Not a bad looking sp81, fella says it runs too. Its in New York though so anyone on the west coast is going to pay an arm and a leg for shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MC...884611?hash=item3feec5de83:g:7AMAAOSwQ5tfvVf7. The next one is an sp81 briguy has for sale; https://www.ebay.com/itm/McCulloch-...858144?hash=item1cfa25afe0:g:130AAOSw5wRfvUJU

That 2nd 81 looks pretty good and an ok price. Love the spike too. I know a guy who makes something similar:)

Kevin - I am guessing the spring may have broken and been reformed at some point. You should be able to wrap the pulley full, 42 to 48" to start with, and not reach the limit of the spring. The spring itself is the same one used on LH start 10 Series saws so you probably have one on hand already.

Mark

Thanks Mark another reason to grab 600 series saws even if dead

North East Tennessee Saturday MAC Report

Another beautiful day in NET yesterday. Report is running late. I am using my office computer. I resized the photos as small as I could but they still use more bits that usual. Brian was into action shots. My pictures were the usual and are stuck on my out of date home computer.

Brian, Lee and I took on the falling and bucking of some dead Ash. It was good to have the 800 in my hands again.

To be continued.
Ron

Looks nice over there, whats the temp right now? Its not quite so pleasant in Northern Idaho, cold and snowy. But while the snow is flying I got the model 47 running alright and put up on its own shelf. The bar I got from Mark is a nice touch! Still have to and get some chain for it though. Also finishing with a super 55. Had a local machine shop bore the cylinder .030 over and found a nos piston for it. Going to try some new paint on a couple parts and will be about done. Anyone have a flywheel screen they want to part with? I'd like to put one on this thing.
de337c0890242f60ddfcae8d25917639.jpg
8c609c79bfb24aae550b8a8e789b00d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Hi
Someone ever tried softening stiff bp1 diaphragm
with success ?
New ones of course would be way better [emoji848]
c8a19ca1a5872b419d4c48c884b3debf.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
Also missing the "actator pin" - do'nt know what length it should be.
3,2 mm diameter

More questions. I have an SP81 that I bought in pieces. It came with a NIB lil red barn piston and ring set but no OE piston and no wrist pin bearings. I have a used OE piston here, will the LRB rings fit the OE piston? What are people doing for wrist pin bearings on these pistons? Is it possible to remove the original bearings and install in the new piston? I can't seem to find new bearings anywhere.....

Also, I am in need of the sideways style manual oil pump for the SP81 if someone has one they would part with it would be great.

Latest posts

Back