McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro is here but he has been off the radar for a bit.

Big life changes at the moment im no longer with my wife n kid and am crashing at mates or with the new lady lol.

Glad your wife is home Mark.

My saws are all stashed at a mates safe n sound. Just kinda getting my feet grounded at the moment but I'm a very happy man now and hungry for life :)
Sounds like your head is plumb and level.
Just keep looking forward and never behind.
I wish you the best Jethro.

Hey fellas I have a couple of good running mcculloch titan saws, unfortunately the tanks leak gas badly. Is this common on these saws? It looks like they have a seam in the middle of the tank. Are they fused together or is there a gasket between the two sides. TIA

About a week ago I tried my hand at porting the 1-43, based off of the article provided by @matt_lamb_160 but I didn't get around to posting pictures until tonight as I've been kinda busy. The past two nights I've been up till midnight or later getting saws and gear ready for work the next day so the Mac has taken the back burner pending spare time and parts arriving.
IMG_6160.jpegIMG_6161.jpegIMG_6162.jpegIMG_6200.jpegIMG_6201.jpeg

About a week ago I tried my hand at porting the 1-43, based off of the article provided by @matt_lamb_160 but I didn't get around to posting pictures until tonight as I've been kinda busy. The past two nights I've been up till midnight or later getting saws and gear ready for work the next day so the Mac has taken the back burner pending spare time and parts arriving.
View attachment 891923View attachment 891924View attachment 891925View attachment 891926View attachment 891927
Good job.
I'm about ready to port my first also.

You might like this article too. Gives another option for additional ports (boost ports rather than the third port), pretty hard to drill with a fixed head, but still interesting.

Attachments

• 1964-April-9-porting-the-McCulloch.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 17
Rather a tough week for us, Mrs. Heimann was admitted to the hospital on Monday with stomach pain, turned out to be pancreatitis. While struggling through that she's had heart rhythm problems, fluid building up around her heart and lungs, and breathing issues... Things seem to be on the mend now but she won't be coming home until Sunday or Monday.

I'll do my best to check in from time to time and help out if I can. Looks like you've been doing a good job without me.

This has come up on another site and via private mail here. Some info on saws sold down under.

View attachment 890740
View attachment 890738
View attachment 890739

Mark
Thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would share this with everyone. I got this saw last week. It's a McCulloch Pro Mac 6800 or as know here in Australia the Bumble Bee. Was made for McCulloch by Sachs Dolmar Germany. Nice saw and it runs nice to.

Haven't had much time yet to go through it or even give it a clean but I will shortly. Anyway have a look and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Justin

Attachments

• IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 15
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would share this with everyone. I got this saw last week. It's a McCulloch Pro Mac 6800 or as know here in Australia the Bumble Bee. Was made for McCulloch by Sachs Dolmar Germany. Nice saw and it runs nice to.

Haven't had much time yet to go through it or even give it a clean but I will shortly. Anyway have a look and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Justin
I've never seen one before Justin.
What CC? I can't find any info on it.
Clint

Interesting saw Justin, never seen one like that either, but looks solid!

I also got a new arrival last week :D

View attachment 892163
View attachment 892164
View attachment 892165

Its got a smaller muffler than the DE80, and I noticed that the previous owner (or someone) inserted two thin rectangular metal plates behind the cracked outer one.
I found an IPL online, which shows only two plates bolted to the muffler body: a sort of raised outer one, and only one below (same shape). Is this a common "fix", guess the originals got cracked and broken? What do you guys think?

Back