McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark it really surprised me how strong a saw this little could be. I cut several pieces big firewood that was to long for the wood stove and it went through it like nothing. But I also think mini mac when running right cut pretty good with a sharp chain.

Funny thing saw has a 52 DL chain on it. I being lazy found one I had already sharp and tried putting it on and no go. I tried a couple of times. I gave up and sharpened the one I took off it and counted the links and it was 52 DL as well. They must have put a used chain on it is the only thing I can figure as the new one I had was to tight. Both same pitch.

Sent from somewhere

I recently got this 38cc Poulan S25CVA and put a new starter rope and carb kit in it. Runs and cuts great now!20150212_170311.jpg

Went to a small engine guy here in my town to buy a length of start rope and after that he says hey a guy dropped this saw off and didn't want it so take it.
Not so sure free is good anymore. I suppose at some point I will waste days afternoon messing around with it bored out of my mind swearing like a drunken sailor at it. I did bottle feed it a little and it fired up.

71fa1ecc5ade4cb8f085b46cafe3504b.jpg

Sent from somewhere

I have a mini Mac 140 thought I bought new as a teenager. I pulled the saw out today cleaned it up, fresh fuel and the dam thing fired up and runs nice!!! Do they have any value?

I have a mini Mac 140 thought I bought new as a teenager. I pulled the saw out today cleaned it up, fresh fuel and the dam thing fired up and runs nice!!! Do they have any value?
Not a real popular saw, except for a very few people. Mostly on this thread.
Unless it looks brand new, about $10.

Not a real popular saw, except for a very few people. Mostly on this thread.
Unless it looks brand new, about $10.
New Oregon Bars for small McCullochs
17086 - 16" .058 d3/8 sprccket nose
160-STDD-176 16" .050 guard tip
160-SSDH-102 16" .050 sprocket nose
160-ATSH-102-16".050 hard nose
140SXEA=018-14" .1/4 sprocket nose
160-SDEA-318-16" 3/8 double guard
chainsawlady

I just picked up a John Deere cs36 which is 35.2cc so I guess qualifies for this thread. Although it looks new it has a few issues that I didn't expect. I did buy it sight unseen. The flywheel has a fin broken off, the spark plug wire was broken and has a weird old boot on it, and the clutch spring was broken. The chain, which appears new, was on backwards! P&C are unmarked and fires right up with a prime. Hopefully I can buy a clutch spring or may have one off a wildthing that might fit. I also have a CS56 (Efco) which I really like and was a major factor in buying this one. There is almost no information on this saw on the net so it was never a popular saw. May have been too expensive compared to Poulan of an equal size.
Forgot to mention that the fuel line and filter are gone of course. PO was obviously a ham fisted son of a gun

The Echo CS 3000 and CS 341 are nice tophandle saws. i've overhauled eight in the last six months for C'List fodder.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428097976.566439.jpg

Recoils are weak and easily bashed/broken and the cat. muffler will melt the guard and surrounding plastic if the cylinder fins get fouled.

Fine runners none the less. remove the limiters and gut the cat and good to go.

Went to a small engine guy here in my town to buy a length of start rope and after that he says hey a guy dropped this saw off and didn't want it so take it.
Not so sure free is good anymore. I suppose at some point I will waste days afternoon messing around with it bored out of my mind swearing like a drunken sailor at it. I did bottle feed it a little and it fired up.

71fa1ecc5ade4cb8f085b46cafe3504b.jpg

Sent from somewhere
I like my Mac 110. It's a lot cleaner than yours and probably runs better. LOML ran this saw in 1978. She trimmed the branches and stubs off the big ones that I cut down with the Mac 610. Two years later I married her.

I recently picked up a Stihl 015 30ish CC. Obviously a tree fell on it a broke the top handle but PO has rednecked a replacement. P&C excellent just bought a new 1/4 chain today and not had it in wood yet. It sounds and feels strong for it's size. Pics later.

A friend gave me his echo 280 to get going again I took front air cover of gas come pouring out , does that sound like a puncture fuel line ?

Back