McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just bustin on ya. If I could mail you a big log, I would.

ne5udena.jpg

How bout these?

Ok, last one from me. This is a MM thread. That's a 38" bar

[video=youtube;mJHj4Fb_Uys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJHj4Fb_Uys[/video]

Hey speaking on mini saws. That husky 350 is close to a mini. At least it feels that way in my hands compared to those bigs macs. Thanks for your input on that 350. I appreciate it.

It's funny you were working on that saw because I was just starting to part one out when you posted it here. Yours turned out very nice. Mine was the 44 mm cylinder and I wasn't interested in doing that much to it.

As for mini saws that aren't yellow, I'll post up some s25da pics as I restore the one I'm tearing into. I also have a mini mac ready for powder coat! Woo hoooo for little saws!

Alright, since im waiting on a few carb kits for the 3200 series i decided to take another 3516 apart in the mean time. This one sounds like the bearings went on it so i have a whole other long block to swap in its place. I believe ill be going from 35cc to 32cc with the swap. The blocks are the same for these saws but the piston/bore size makes the difference.

10xdjjn.jpg

351wa3d.jpg

2eej5np.jpg

n4iixv.jpg

More pics to come.......

1z14j60.jpg

Heres a pic of the oil tank, as you can see the oil line rotted. 9 times outta 10 when these saws stop oiling this is the problem!
ehxiqc.jpg

Kept the vitals and #### canned the long block, not worth salvaging.

fjkabm.jpg

Bucket o mac! Add a lil simple green and some piping hot water and.......
2wpm64h.jpg

Presto! Let it sit for a few days and then wipe em down:D
zw0woz.jpg

Hey Dennis, try "Castrol super clean" degreaser sometime in the place of that simple green. Be careful though, It will make your skin dry out and peel like a sunburn the next day after you get it on you. I use it on all my saws, trucks, ATV's, etc. my wife keeps some in the laundry room for stubborn stains.

Alright, since im waiting on a few carb kits for the 3200 series i decided to take another 3516 apart in the mean time. This one sounds like the bearings went on it so i have a whole other long block to swap in its place. I believe ill be going from 35cc to 32cc with the swap. The blocks are the same for these saws but the piston/bore size makes the difference.

10xdjjn.jpg

Just peel off the model specific decals.

I'd go so far as to remove the non-english :msp_rolleyes: starting instructions.

Last edited:
Hey Dennis, try "Castrol super clean" degreaser sometime in the place of that simple green. Be careful though, It will make your skin dry out and peel like a sunburn the next day after you get it on you. I use it on all my saws, trucks, ATV's, etc. my wife keeps some in the laundry room for stubborn stains.

Ill give it try, stuff is caked on. Hope it dont fade the plastic:biggrinbounce2:

Ill give it try, stuff is caked on. Hope it dont fade the plastic:biggrinbounce2:

I've never left it over night like you mentioned. I buy it in the gallon jugs and pour it in a pump sprayer. When i disassemble a saw, I spray it with hot water from my hose to break off the loose stuff and then spray Castrol straight on it and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. I then rinse with hot water. I haven't faded a sticker or plastic yet.

By the way, I added a hot water spigot next to the cold water spigot outside on the back of the house. I just put the water hose on which ever one I want to use. I highly recommend this to everyone for washing cars, saws, etc. I even made a "Y" out of hose to join the two together so I can mix the two to get warm water. My home had a crawl space so it was easy for me to do. Those of you with homes on slabs will have a harder time doing this.

I've never left it over night like you mentioned. I buy it in the gallon jugs and pour it in a pump sprayer. When i disassemble a saw, I spray it with hot water from my hose to break off the loose stuff and then spray Castrol straight on it and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. I then rinse with hot water. I haven't faded a sticker or plastic yet.

By the way, I added a hot water spigot next to the cold water spigot outside on the back of the house. I just put the water hose on which ever one I want to use. I highly recommend this to everyone for washing cars, saws, etc. I even made a "Y" out of hose to join the two together so I can mix the two to get warm water. My home had a crawl space so it was easy for me to do. Those of you with homes on slabs will have a harder time doing this.

First, you just inspired me to pick up an extra frost free spigot when I buy one this weekend for my addition.

Second, I wash parts exactly the same way, but with dollar store cleaner called "awesome". It really is awesome and doesn't dry out my hands like super clean (my old favorite brand).

If you want to go a step further run a hot and cold water line to a mixing valve(shower handle) and then run one line out the side of the house. Now you can control how hot or cold the water is all year long. My FIL did this in his house, ill post a pic shortly.

ok,, i know its not a mac but ohhhh well

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sr4oqOVyjfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back