McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini Mac 110

I have one of these and I cleaned the carb and replaced the diaphragms and it will always kick once when i try to start it but never keep running. I've gone on to others projects but every once in a while I'll see it sitting in the garage and I'll give it a pull. It always fires once! I may get back to it some time. Might it be the monitoring lever? Enjoying yet another thread!!

Thanks,

Lee:yoyo:

I have one of these and I cleaned the carb and replaced the diaphragms and it will always kick once when i try to start it but never keep running. I've gone on to others projects but every once in a while I'll see it sitting in the garage and I'll give it a pull. It always fires once! I may get back to it some time. Might it be the monitoring lever? Enjoying yet another thread!!

Thanks,

It fires on the first pull?

Thanks,

It fires on the first pull?

Where are you guys sourcing the fuel filter sponge block? And the nipple on the end of the tank near the sponge?

Does anyone want a Mini Mac 110?

I have one that will fire on prime. Is in very good shape except for the chainbrake being busted off. Am interested in trade for a parts 3400, Micro 25, Homelite 330, Super EZ, etc.

Where are you guys sourcing the fuel filter sponge block? And the nipple on the end of the tank near the sponge?

Honestly I tried to remove the filter from a tank ONCE and it came out in pieces. Unless its really cruded up i wouldnt worry about it. The plastic fuel pick up with the O ring can be pulled off of any mini, never bought one new.

Ya know what I've also done before....... for lack of a replacement sponge filter....... I replaced the old fuel line with Tygon and cut in an inline filter off a Nitro R/C car. Downfall is the internal screen could get gunked up pretty quickly compared to the sponge, as the screen is small. Almost exactly the same screen inside a saw carb. And having to pull apart a MM often to check the fuel screen SUX. haha

Not that it's the best solution, but it works in a pinch.

Ya know what I've also done before....... for lack of a replacement sponge filter....... I replaced the old fuel line with Tygon and cut in an inline filter off a Nitro R/C car. Downfall is the internal screen could get gunked up pretty quickly compared to the sponge, as the screen is small. Almost exactly the same screen inside a saw carb. And having to pull apart a MM often to check the fuel screen SUX. haha

Not that it's the best solution, but it works in a pinch.

You have any problems with fuel delivery with the filter otherwise?

You have any problems with fuel delivery with the filter otherwise?

I don't have enough run time on the thing since I don't have having it running right yet. I cleaned the carb out and yanked the cruddy sponge. Replaced the fuel line and installed the inline filter. Got it to fire up but it just wouldn't stay idling nicely, exactly the same problem it had before I tore it down. Bought a carb kit to go into it, as the next step, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully that takes care of it. I really hope it isn't an issue like you were pointing out earlier in the thread......leaks.

I don't have enough run time on the thing since I don't have having it running right yet. I cleaned the carb out and yanked the cruddy sponge. Replaced the fuel line and installed the inline filter. Got it to fire up but it just wouldn't stay idling nicely, exactly the same problem it had before I tore it down. Bought a carb kit to go into it, as the next step, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully that takes care of it. I really hope it isn't an issue like you were pointing out earlier in the thread......leaks.

Yeah if you don't mind tearing it down a few times take it one step at a time

McCuloch Mini Mac chainsaw

I was a McCuloch dealer --factory service center in the 1970 -1980 . Best thing to do is tear completly down , install new seals -- clean and seal crankcase --- my experance has been crankcase may have air leaks . After resealing pressure test , this will save a lot of time later . Repair kit in carb , solid state ignition module , new fuel felter -- or clean old filter , a couple drops of water will plug a fuel filter .

You should be able to tear down , repair , put together 1 time and have a good runing saw . This usually works , sometimes not , good luck .

Rog

I was a McCuloch dealer --factory service center in the 1970 -1980 . Best thing to do is tear completly down , install new seals -- clean and seal crankcase --- my experance has been crankcase may have air leaks . After resealing pressure test , this will save a lot of time later . Repair kit in carb , solid state ignition module , new fuel felter -- or clean old filter , a couple drops of water will plug a fuel filter .

You should be able to tear down , repair , put together 1 time and have a good runing saw . This usually works , sometimes not , good luck .

Rog

Thats pretty awesome man, welcome to AS!

My experience with those little buggers (which has been dozens) is that the spark must be real hot. Like the post above, use a new module or new points. I've had some of those saws not running well at all and acting like carb problems or or air leaks and in a final desperation, I'll replace the coil, points, or add a module and it runs super!! And the spark looked pretty good, jut not as good as it could be.

Latest posts

Back