McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a McCuloch dealer --factory service center in the 1970 -1980 . Best thing to do is tear completly down , install new seals -- clean and seal crankcase --- my experance has been crankcase may have air leaks . After resealing pressure test , this will save a lot of time later . Repair kit in carb , solid state ignition module , new fuel felter -- or clean old filter , a couple drops of water will plug a fuel filter .

You should be able to tear down , repair , put together 1 time and have a good runing saw . This usually works , sometimes not , good luck .

Rog

Can these be worth spending $60-$80 on?(How much is a coil/ignition module for these) I have other saws that I would rather spend that sort of coin on.

Lee

Dennis - Which is your favorite mini?

The pile o' crap (bucket of parts) in my garage used to be a 140. I don't even know what the differences are between 110/120/130/140.........most parts seem to intermingle. And according to acres, most of them were made during the same timeframes, so it makes not alotta sense to me.

Can these be worth spending $60-$80 on?(How much is a coil/ignition module for these) I have other saws that I would rather spend that sort of coin on.

Lee

Hell no, dont spend that kind of money. The module's are around $15. If you need a coil just pull one from a parts saw.( most parts saws can be had for next to nothing)...carb kits are like $5......crank seals about $6 each. Salvage what you can from other parts saws, $80 is to much on a mini.

Dennis - Which is your favorite mini?

The pile o' crap (bucket of parts) in my garage used to be a 140. I don't even know what the differences are between 110/120/130/140.........most parts seem to intermingle. And according to acres, most of them were made during the same timeframes, so it makes not alotta sense to me.

I like the old mini's without the chain brake...MM 1,6, 25 , 30, 35.......the 25-35 is nice with the removable starter and a electronic coil from a later eager beaver model would be a good upgrade to those as well.

Mini Mac 130

Think I might be here for some help folks.

Have posted a request on the beg for manuals thread for a workshop manual and IPL for this saw if one exists.

Not really sure where to start - need to open it up to get to points which I presume are behind the flywheel as there's no spark.

attachment.php

attachment.php

personally I'm quite excited at the thought of getting this running.

Seasons greetings to all from Wales

Have posted a request on the beg for manuals thread for a workshop manual and IPL for this saw if one exists.

Not really sure where to start - need to open it up to get to points which I presume are behind the flywheel as there's no spark.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Check here.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/McCulloch-Parts-Service-Repair-Manuals/Gas_Powered_Chain_Saws/

attachment.php

attachment.php

Joey hooked you up with the IPL's. After you break down the saw you may want to dump those points for an ignition module or a electronic coil from a later year mini.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And welcome to AS!! :cheers:

Forgot to say it before so ill say it now, cool thread OverTrained. Bout time someone created a small saw thread, and what a better person to create it then the only person on here that likes dealing with those damn little Macs :yoyo:

Forgot to say it before so ill say it now, cool thread OverTrained. Bout time someone created a small saw thread, and what a better person to create it then the only person on here that likes dealing with those damn little Macs :yoyo:

Im a glutton for punishment and worse case scenario this thread gives me the potential to aquire a #### load of mini's.:D

Im a glutton for punishment and worse case scenario this thread gives me the potential to aquire a #### load of mini's.:D

Thats funny. Yea we should make a bet to see how many more you get by this time next year. I'm sure it will be over a dozen. I think I am actually gonna try to fix my 110 next summer after I get done my other projects. I enjoy working on the Homelite 150s so I am sure this can't be that much more worse :laugh:

Thats funny. Yea we should make a bet to see how many more you get by this time next year. I'm sure it will be over a dozen. I think I am actually gonna try to fix my 110 next summer after I get done my other projects. I enjoy working on the Homelite 150s so I am sure this can't be that much more worse :laugh:

Ha! We will see about that:D

I can see myself buying a donor parts saw from you in my not-so-distant future........... haha :dizzy:

Smoking while gassing up? :hmm3grin2orange:

This saw had much more than that happen to it.First Wendell dropped a large 70' red oak on it and it kept running.Then it got tossed a few times to see how far it could fly and it kept running.Then we outright killed it while gassed up and smoking:givebeer::givebeer:Then we toasted it:cheers:Very well built little saws.

[video=youtube;tYsbVNzrYdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYsbVNzrYdM[/video]

This saw had much more than that happen to it.First Wendell dropped a large 70' red oak on it and it kept running.Then it got tossed a few times to see how far it could fly and it kept running.Then we outright killed it while gassed up and smoking:givebeer::givebeer:Then we toasted it:cheers:Very well built little saws.

[video=youtube;tYsbVNzrYdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYsbVNzrYdM[/video]

Should have salvaged the coil first, they are always handy to have around:msp_wink:

Back