McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am unsure is this a MDC 1 or is this a MDC 15. Any insight would be helpful. It is out a Mac 110. I just want to make sure I order the right one. It seems like MDC 1 kit doesn't fit any of the other MDC carbs. So I am hoping it is a MDC 15, carb kits are easier to get for me. Thanks fellas.

Attachments

• 20210102_083535.jpg
    20210102_083535.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210102_083526.jpg
    20210102_083526.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210102_083521.jpg
    20210102_083521.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
Should be a Walbro MDC 16 or Zama M1-M7 in a Mac 110?
I posted the pics of the carb that came with it and the numbers that are on it but since there are a few numbers there I am not sure what model it is. And yea a mac 110 is what that carb came off of.

Finally received the K-1 MDC carb kit to the MiniMac 6. The gaskets, diaphragms are correct but the needle valve, welch plugs are wrong. So need to figure out which kit is correct. In the pic the screen on the left was underneath the tiny clip and screen on the right under the welch plug. I thought I've read there is a rubber check valve in there and maybe the screen on the left was rubber at one time.

Attachments

• mac 6 check valve screen.jpeg
    mac 6 check valve screen.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 14
Finally received the K-1 MDC carb kit to the MiniMac 6. The gaskets, diaphragms are correct but the needle valve, welch plugs are wrong. So need to figure out which kit is correct. In the pic the screen on the left was underneath the tiny clip and screen on the right under the welch plug. I thought I've read there is a rubber check valve in there and maybe the screen on the left was rubber at one time.
Id be interested to see what others say, I got a K1-MDC Chinese made kit that the needle was too long and one welch plug the wrong size for the carb in my Mini Mac 25. The diaphragms and gaskets all seemed correct. Did you get a genuine Walbro kit or a ching chong chiner job like I did?

Id be interested to see what others say, I got a K1-MDC Chinese made kit that the needle was too long and one welch plug the wrong size for the carb in my Mini Mac 25. The diaphragms and gaskets all seemed correct. Did you get a genuine Walbro kit or a ching chong chiner job like I did?
I thought I was just getting one kit but it ended up being 3 for $14.99. The valve is too long and one welch plug is too small. The larger welch plug on the carb is what I'm missing as well. The seller is in NJ but I suspect its not genuine Walbro kit. Would have been nice if it had the carb mounting gaskets I would say not a bad deal.
I'm afraid the only other kits I see that may have the correct plugs and needle valve is what Randy's Engine repair is advertising....$32 buckaroonies.... saw is barely pushing 20 bucks in value.

On the 2 Mini Mac carbs I rebuilt I just put in gasket and diaphragm kits. They were aftermarket, Stens or Rotary I believe. They did the job. Ran good.

I did them a few years ago. If I was to do it today I would use genuine Walbro (Ebay $16) and put in a check valve kit too. Should also set the metering lever height and pressure test too. I've learned a lot of new things here over the years.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

I thought I was just getting one kit but it ended up being 3 for $14.99. The valve is too long and one welch plug is too small. The larger welch plug on the carb is what I'm missing as well. The seller is in NJ but I suspect its not genuine Walbro kit. Would have been nice if it had the carb mounting gaskets I would say not a bad deal.
I'm afraid the only other kits I see that may have the correct plugs and needle valve is what Randy's Engine repair is advertising....$32 buckaroonies.... saw is barely pushing 20 bucks in value.
That sounds exactly like the China kit I used regarding the welch plugs and needle. The issue I've run into is that my most recent Mini Mac still runs poorly after the carb kit and seems to need the check valve replaced as well.

Those chinese kits never have it right, the weak point is always the needle, so only the gaskets seem to be worth anything. And that check valve and screen... wow. Did you pull the brass retainer out or were you able to just fish out the valve? Does the rest of the saw check out? (spark, compression, no air leaks etc.)

I very much believe that these saws are very easy, and don't need much to get back up and running.
Most of the time all these saws really need is: fuel line, the check valve, the welch plug and the diaphragms and gaskets-- that's really it. I don't see many people removing the 1/2 plug. They usually just shoot carb spray down the low needle to flush out anything stuck in there. You already have the gaskets, so cut the cost and just reuse the original needle. A lot times you really don't need to replace it as long as the tip isn't deformed and it's still flexible. Now if the needle is completely shot, then you'll have to get the Walbro kit since no aftermarket one really seems to get the needle right.

I need to see what makes up the check valve parts. I pulled the small retainer out after removing both welch plugs. BTW, the spring loaded center punch trick didn't work on these. I suspect never being removed and the number of years since its been in service made it more difficult.
So check valve parts and welch plugs Is what I need. The valve looks ok but I'd rather replace while its out. I'll make up some carb mounting gaskets.

This was about the only window of time in the past 2 years that I didn't have an MDC needle handy, because I'm trying to finally get my old Canadien running....then the MM 25 is getting torn apart again to replace the check valve.
I hope you get them both running!

This was the perfect excuse I needed to take a mini apart to confirm something about the MDC carbs that had been bugging me.
The needle was already out so I figured why not?
I've been experimenting trying to figure out a separate two test short cut for the MDC which should work for the M1-M7s too since I think that the circuits are similar. I'll post my findings in time, but I have the feeling that it'll work.

Latest posts

Back