• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold McCulloch model 77

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwgsaw

don't call me i will call you!!
Reaction score
Looking for a gently used 77. Want it to be original paint not locked up. I don't care if it runs or not long as it has really good compression it's good. I'm willing to buy outright or even trade.

Those early macs are hard to come by, at least I'm my neck of the woods but Im honestly not in the right area. I have a feeling that any body on here that has one is keeping their mouth shut haha

Those early macs are hard to come by, at least I'm my neck of the woods but Im honestly not in the right area. I have a feeling that any body on here that has one is keeping their mouth shut haha
Maybe I need to offer something they can't refuse? Wouldn't be the first time I over paid for something I really didn't need.

The 77 is a rather hard saw to find let alone in original good condition.. I have a 73 and a 49 and they were tough to get

The 77 is a rather hard saw to find let alone in original good condition.. I have a 73 and a 49 and they were tough to get
I realize how hard they are to find actually been looking for one right at 20 years. I'm doing this as a last resort figured I've been looking for one long enough that I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is at.

What type of budget you talking?
Well if it's clean enough like say a county road department bought it because they had a big tree to cut down and used it once then it just sat around collection dust all these years I would be fine with spending a grand on one. Just really depends on condition. I even would trade a really clean 090 for one and you probably seen the last one on eBay sell for$$

Well I have a wide variety of Contra's, 090's, 090AV, and 090G's so that is not something I woud trade for. As for road departments that gave me a chuckle. Our county highway department had a Titan Blue Streak that they had since new. It now resides with me. The Washington County Highway department had a DA211 it now resides with me along with 10 or so more

Well I have a wide variety of Contra's, 090's, 090AV, and 090G's so that is not something I woud trade for. As for road departments that gave me a chuckle. Our county highway department had a Titan Blue Streak that they had since new. It now resides with me. The Washington County Highway department had a DA211 it now resides with me along with 10 or so more
I happen to have a model 99 that came from a road department you would have to look pretty hard to tell it's ever seen wood. I figured you probably still had a bunch of 090s in several flavors. But I still have cash and like I said condition I'm willing to pay for.

I have a new Sally Saw that is in it's original crate. They did not know what was in teh crate until they opened it

Well if you had said there was a model 77 in that crate I would be excited lol. I think it's cool to find stuff like that but that don't happen everyday.

Latest posts

Back