• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Mcculloch part saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeymt33

I bleed YELLOW!
Reaction score
$5 each to make it worth my time boxing it up and going to the post office??

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
Here are the bars. 16-18". 1/2" chain

besubyna.jpg

How much for the one in the top pic, on the left (can't see any #'s)? Shipped to 44880? And does it come with a bar and chain?

Only want it for a display model for my basement/man cave area.

Thanks

Which one in the top picture? $5 for either one of them and that comes with a bar and chain. I will get an actual shipping cost from USPS if you like. PM me for further info please.

I've been traveling for work. I'll be able to sort out all the emails Wednesday. I think most are gone by now. I'll keep everyone posted though.

Hello, I know this is an old thread...couldn't help but notice you have 2 pro mac 800's. Any chance one is a parts saw with a decent cylinder? And would you be interested in selling one. I'm actually in need of a "B" cylinder. If not, do you know of anyone that might? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, I know this is an old thread...couldn't help but notice you have 2 pro mac 800's. Any chance one is a parts saw with a decent cylinder? And would you be interested in selling one. I'm actually in need of a "B" cylinder. If not, do you know of anyone that might? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Carpy. Where are you located?

Also, can you show a picture of the cylinder you're replacing?

Why specifically are you looking for a "B" cylinder?

I have not been able to find spare cylinders for these saws. I have been able to get ahold of one for the PM850 and older but that won't help you.

When I need another cylinder, I usually have to buy another complete saw. I rarely need to replace a cylinder though. They are usually repaired fairly easy and need only another piston. That's why I asked for the picture of the cylinder because I may be able to help you repair it for a fraction of the cost.

Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just north of Cincinnati. Not sure how to post a pic. I have a huge deep score just below the exhaust port. I have it pretty smooth now and have the cylinder cross hatched with 400g. Just a little leary of putting a brand new piston and rings in it to have it fail or not have very good compression. This is a "B" cylinder and I found a NOS piston and rings on the bay. I've been looking for a complete saw. Seems no one has one or just don't want to sell. I've exhausted all of my resources here in Ohio that I know of. Hope this works!1424098230753.jpg

I cleaned it with acid first and then started the finger sanding process. I can't feel the edges anymore, so I don't think it will catch a ring. Just worried about compression. I'm all cleaned up and ready for the piston to arrive. What do you think? My manager is a motocross rider and he does his own engines. He says run it for a while and tear it back down to see how the rings look. So that's the plan for now. Unless I come across another saw soon.

I would run it and check it through the exhaust port instead of tearing it down. You will be able to view the rings and piston skirt without taking it all the way a part. It's less than ideal but it shouldn't cause any major problems. At least you can go cut some wood while still looking for a replacement.

I've been collecting these 82cc Macs for years and I've never found a NOS cylinder for the PM800 and newer saws. You will see used saws on eBay sometimes but they are pretty high.

That scratch will not affect compression since its below the exhaust port. All the compression will exhaust out the port before the scratch. Actually the piston won't go below the bottom of the port anyway.

Did the score come from carbon in the port or a bearing failure?

If you don't know already....
use some good sealant like Honda Bond 3 or Motoseal gray. Standard silicone red or black won't cut it.

Seal everything with the sealant you choose. Intake spacer, both sides of the boot, etc. these saws hate even minor air leaks.

Tune the saw a little on the rich side and it will live a long life. Let me know if you need some assistance.

Use 32:1 fuel/oil mix also.

For a replacement motor, you can use one from the following saws: PM800, PM805, DE80, PM8200

If you have any questions, please ask. I like to see these saws live instead of being thrown away.

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input!!! Greatly appreciated. I love this site. I'm fairly new here and everybody seems very helpful. Glad you told me about the sealant also. Thanks again!

Hey I do have a couple questions. What are the torque specs on the connecting rod bolts and on the cylinder head bolts?

Latest posts

Back