McCulloch PM650 - 24" Bar - Skip Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHDiesel73L

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My dad picked this saw up at a yard sale for $20-it was clean as a whistle and the gas tank was dry as a fart. I ran it for a while with the 18" bar it came with but I needed something that would handle some bigger wood. I gave Lee at Lil' Red Barn a call and got a bunch of parts including a 24" bar with full chisel full skip chain and a tune up kit. All of that plus the 100LL fuel I picked up this weekend is working pretty well. It pulled through a 22" downed locust nicely. I've got a lot of locust and cherry to cut up before summer.

aiWsi8tl.jpg

I am sure dthe MAC men in the McCulloch sticky thread in the chainsaw section would enjoy your pictures.

Will do! Nice FJ-40 BTW. My biggest regret was selling the '77 that I bought when I was 16 :cry: but I was young, married, getting ready to buy a house...

Thanks. I had a 77 too. Went the sbc route. Got married had kids and sold it. Instant regret. Got this 82 years later. Drivetrain all stock or Toyota upgrades, including overseas transmission, full float rear and mechanical lockers front and rear. Life’s events and priorities intervened again and it has been patiently sitting for the last few years waiting to be refreshed and put on the road again.

Ron

Thanks. I had a 77 too. Went the sbc route. Got married had kids and sold it. Instant regret. Got this 82 years later. Drivetrain all stock or Toyota upgrades, including overseas transmission, full float rear and mechanical lockers front and rear. Life’s events and priorities intervened again and it has been patiently sitting for the last few years waiting to be refreshed and put on the road again.

Ron
It seems that's the way it goes we either have time or we have money but not both at the same time. I know with me taking early retirement because of health issues some of my projects that now I have time for are on hold as the money is in shorter supply than it used to be and with the stock market down turn and our farms haven't brought in much money the last couple of years money is a little tight. I guess the good thing is I paying less income tax.

Back