• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold McCulloch Pro Mac 1000 - Very nice, original saw-low hours- runs great!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello Gang,

I was delaying the sale of this saw, but it has been a tough couple of months and money keeps coming up short. I am not complaining, as we have been blessed with good health and a I have a great job, so selling a few chainsaws that I was honestly hoarding in my mini-collection to help us catch up is not a bad deal.

This is a very clean McCulloch Pro Mac 1000, AKA, a Partner P100 in McCulloch stickers or a Jonsereds 1020.

100cc's of TORQUEY GOODNESS HERE!!!!

This saw has very low hours and is a runner. It also has the less common Chain brake assembly and the full wrap handle in good shape.

The little mark on the piston doesn't go all the way to the top or bottom of the piston, and there is no mark or build-up on the rings, so I think it is just purely superficial.

The condition of the piston is what I will call 95% perfect. There is one little streak about halfway down that I think was a carbon chunk at one point and it is very narrow. I purchased a brand new replacement piston and ring set, but, the more I think about it, I hate to waste a good piston because of one tiny streak. My problem is that I am a perfectionist, and there is nothing perfect about any of these old saws, even when they are nice, they still aren't "perfect".

The air filter looks excellent after cleaning and the rest of the saw is ready to be used in your mill or with a nice long bar; I am told these handle a 36 inch quite well. It is running a 3/8 sprocket at the moment. Also, You may notice there is not a bar tension adjuster assembly in the cover in the pics, these pics are older and I have since installed an NOS tension screw and adjuster assembly.

I will include the new in the box OEM piston and ring set with the saw for the new owner to have as a spare part.

Asking $500 + Shipping at cost for PHO and new OEM piston assembly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 78
Thanks all!!!

Just finally got some pics up of the piston and I don't think there is anything to worry about, as the little mark doesn't go all the way up or down the piston and I don't see any scratches on the rings in that area either.

Started in one pull this morning after I took the pics.

By the way, there is zero rust on the muffler and this thing sounds awesome 4 stroking!!!

I know Jon has lots of bars for this though!!!

It takes a D276 Bar

Also, by the way, I bought and will include brand new NOS bar plates at $14 each and the piston was $70 shipped, I think, so dang near $100 in parts there alone......

Good thing I don't have a bar for this!

Adam,

Would you prefer a NOS McCulloch Black and Yellow in 28" 3/8 063, or a Silver and Black 36" 3/8 063?

I know Jon does though!!!

It takes a common ol' D176

I have a few D176 bars, but they are only a 16inch and a 20inch

Also, by the way, I bought and will include brand new NOS bar plates at $14 each and the piston was $70 shipped, I think, so dang near $100 in parts there alone......

Preach it, Brother!

I know Jon does though!!!

It takes a common ol' D176

I have a few D176 bars, but they are only a 16inch and a 20inch

Interesting... I just picked up one of these too and I thought it took a d176 also. I put one on and it doesn't seem to oil very well. Acres site lists it as an Oregon d005. I've also heard that it's a d276 bar mount which is a lot harder to find. I guess a lot of guys use large mount husky bars too.

I will also add that I ran this with no bar at medium to low RPM and IT OILS VERY WELL!!!! It was sloppy and dripping.

Thanks for that info about the bar Toad22T. I hadn't ran it with anything but a little D176 20 inch bar and it oiled ok, but I can see that it will oil much better with a D276.

I will correct my post above to keep misinformation at minimum.

I think you had it right bud! I just read Jon's notes on his bar pics! He is the bar king around here! So I trust what he says.

I think you had it right bud! I just read Jon's notes on his bar pics! He is the bar king around here! So I trust what he says.

Thanks!

Since the bar issue is no longer a problem, just let me know when You are ready for me to ship this to Wisconsin. I am a good shipper.....

:)

Heck I can give you my address any time, but I would think you would want payment in return. I'm trying to justify my wants and needs. Lol!

Latest posts

Back