• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold McCulloch Pro Mac 1000 - Very nice, original saw-low hours- runs great!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I hope I didn't derail this thread. I'm just confused myself. I can't find any specs on the bar mount other than what acres listed. Highly possible that it is a d176 and mine is having other issues.

I guess there's no substitute for heading out to the shop tomorrow and taking some measurements to see what works best.

No worries Honest John. I think it is good to verify the info. I don't have a D276 bar here that I can compare on the saw vs a D176 unfortunately.

Adam, I can send you my paypal info when you are ready!

:yes:

Op, thats a very nice saw!

Seems there is some confusion going on here as to the bar for this saw though and I can explain some of it.

First off, believe very little that you read on Acres site. Its such a shame it is so full of mistakes.

The McCulloch branded saws got shipped with McCulloch mount bars that are commonly referred to as D276 mounts. The D276 mount was replaced by the D176 mount. The D176 mount has a conventional oil hole used on Poulan's Echo's etc. They also have holes in the adjuster holes to oil through them so when mounted on a Mac, they oil just like a D276 mount.
They both also have a 5/16"/ 8mm slot in them.

The P100 saws got the D005 mount which I believe was later a D010 mount. Both of those mounts have 4 adjuster holes and sometimes have double oiler holes. They got replaced by the D009 large Husky style mount. These have a 9mm slot and basically the same tail profile as the D176 mount bars.

Ok that said, now is the time to say that the Partner branded saws and the McCulloch branded saws all had 8mm bar studs.

The Partner branded saws used a steel spacer ring on the studs to fit the 9mm slot bars.
They also had a style of bar plates to match the conventional style oiler holes in those bars.

The Mac branded saws did not need any stud spacers but they did require a different set of bar plates so the oil would be routed to the adjuster holes.

I see the OP did say he bought some bar plates for it, and depending on which style he ended up with will determine which bar style would be needed for it.

I would also suggest to make sure some bucking spikes get put on this saw before its used much, it will help keep the muffler off the log when cutting. Bryce usually has some on ebay pretty reasonable.

Op, thats a very nice saw!

Seems there is some confusion going on here as to the bar for this saw though and I can explain some of it.

First off, believe very little that you read on Acres site. Its such a shame it is so full of mistakes.

The McCulloch branded saws got shipped with McCulloch mount bars that are commonly referred to as D276 mounts. The D276 mount was replaced by the D176 mount. The D176 mount has a conventional oil hole used on Poulan's Echo's etc. They also have holes in the adjuster holes to oil through them so when mounted on a Mac, they oil just like a D276 mount.
They both also have a 5/16"/ 8mm slot in them.

The P100 saws got the D005 mount which I believe was later a D010 mount. Both of those mounts have 4 adjuster holes and sometimes have double oiler holes. They got replaced by the D009 large Husky style mount. These have a 9mm slot and basically the same tail profile as the D176 mount bars.

Ok that said, now is the time to say that the Partner branded saws and the McCulloch branded saws all had 8mm bar studs.

The Partner branded saws used a steel spacer ring on the studs to fit the 9mm slot bars.
They also had a style of bar plates to match the conventional style oiler holes in those bars.

The Mac branded saws did not need any stud spacers but they did require a different set of bar plates so the oil would be routed to the adjuster holes.

I see the OP did say he bought some bar plates for it, and depending on which style he ended up with will determine which bar style would be needed for it.

I would also suggest to make sure some bucking spikes get put on this saw before its used much, it will help keep the muffler off the log when cutting. Bryce usually has some on ebay pretty reasonable.

Thanks so much MARK!!!! That is some great info there!!!

Also, Looking at the bar oiler section of the saw body, I noticed that there is a slot in the top oiling circuit (where the oil comes out) that connects to another chamber where the top Bar mount hole would be on a mounted bar, thus feeding oil to both circuits with the proper bar that You mention above.

as for the bar plates, I bought two of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-PARTNER...467123?hash=item5d5b2a72f3:g:GwQAAOSwPcVVrW1G

Thanks so much MARK!!!! That is some great info there!!!

Also, Looking at the bar oiler section of the saw body, I noticed that there is a slot in the top oiling circuit (where the oil comes out) that connects to another chamber where the top Bar mount hole would be on a mounted bar, thus feeding oil to both circuits with the proper bar that You mention above.

as for the bar plates, I bought two of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-PARTNER...467123?hash=item5d5b2a72f3:g:GwQAAOSwPcVVrW1G

Unfortunately my memory isn't what it used to be sometimes. Its been sometime since I messed with them but Warped 5, Mark H and I found the bar plate difference when comparing those saws several years ago.

That said, I "think" those are for the Husky style bars. I have both style saws here and will try to get a look at them tomorrow to refresh my memory.

Yeah I hope I didn't derail this thread. I'm just confused myself. I can't find any specs on the bar mount other than what acres listed. Highly possible that it is a d176 and mine is having other issues.

I guess there's no substitute for heading out to the shop tomorrow and taking some measurements to see what works best.

I believe I read somewhere that the PM1000's were manufactured with either.

A D005 was a Universal Mount that was also made by Windsor, called an EM(I've had a few). It is also used on many of the Partner saws.

The McCulloch bars I posted a picture of are D276.

Edit: @Modifiedmark is wicked smart.

Ok, I do this sometimes, I know I should know, but not for 100% sures so I had to go look now. :laugh:

Here is the PM1000 style bar plate. PM1000 bar plates  (Custom).JPG

Here is the P100 style bar plates and you can see the bar stud spacers on it. Also notice the second slot on top, that is in line with the conventional oil holes in the Doo5, D010, D009 bars that were used on them.

P100 bar plates (Custom).JPG

Looking at these also reminded me that you can use the Mac/D276 D176 style bar with the Partner style bar plates. It will oil though the lower slot and into the adjuster hole and the bar will block off the upper slot.

With the Mac style bar plates, you can only use the oil through the adjuster hole style bars.

I believe I read somewhere that the PM1000's were manufactured with either.

A D005 was a Universal Mount that was also made by Windsor, called an EM(I've had a few). It is also used on many of the Partner saws.

The McCulloch bars I posted a picture of are D276.

Edit: @Modifiedmark is wicked smart.

If you read it at Acres, that would explain that . LOL I have never seen a PM 1000 with the Partner style bar plates on it and I have had a couple and have seen quite a few more.

I'm not sure I would call the D005 mount a universal mount, it was primarily a Partner mount first and foremost.

The Windsor mount in that style was also called a EM/HP mount. Electrolux motors/ Husqvarna Partner.

That EM/HP mount got crossed later to the HS/HU mount, commonly known now as being the same as the Oregon D009.

Ok, I do this sometimes, I know I should know, but not for 100% sures so I had to go look now. :laugh:

Here is the PM1000 style bar plate. View attachment 457129

Here is the P100 style bar plates and you can see the bar stud spacers on it. Also notice the second slot on top, that is in line with the conventional oil holes in the Doo5, D010, D009 bars that were used on them.

View attachment 457130

Looking at these also reminded me that you can use the Mac/D276 D176 style bar with the Partner style bar plates. It will oil though the lower slot and into the adjuster hole and the bar will block off the upper slot.

With the Mac style bar plates, you can only use the oil through the adjuster hole style bars.

Thanks for confirming that these bar plates are good to go Mark!!!

Sounds like these p100 plates are the most universal ones to run either bar setup.

That is awesome. Thanks for shedding some light on it Mark. So if I'm understanding you correctly, I can tell if my saws are partner saws or mcculloch saws based on the steel spacer ring on the bar stud ?

Also, if I don't have the partner studs with the spacer ring can I use the d009 bar ? I have a ton in the shop so it would be nice to have options.

...sometimes I'm blown away by the wealth of knowledge here in his site.

That is awesome. Thanks for shedding some light on it Mark. So if I'm understanding you correctly, I can tell if my saws are partner saws or mcculloch saws based on the steel spacer ring on the bar stud ?

Also, if I don't have the partner studs with the spacer ring can I use the d009 bar ? I have a ton in the shop so it would be nice to have options.

...sometimes I'm blown away by the wealth of knowledge here in his site.

Well the Mac branded saws and the Partner saws were identical except for the saw color and a few of the parts colors. That is a better indicator then bar plates and stud spacers that can be swapped around. What I have found to be the best way to tell, is the Mac branded saws have a one piece ignition while the Partner versions used the 2 piece Ignitron ign. But those can be swapped around as well.

You will want to make sure the spacer rings are there to run the 9mm slot bars. Thing is the spacers to use 9mm bars are very thin and hard to make. Its much easier to use the 5/16 x 3/8s spacers which can be made out of common hardware store extension springs. It only takes a few minutes to file out a D009 bar slot to fit the spacers and gives a nice fit that way.

Like I said there are a ton of options for bars for these, heck my R440T has a 36" roller nose Stihl 12mm bar on it.

If you read it at Acres, that would explain that . LOL I have never seen a PM 1000 with the Partner style bar plates on it and I have had a couple and have seen quite a few more.

I'm not sure I would call the D005 mount a universal mount, it was primarily a Partner mount first and foremost.

The Windsor mount in that style was also called a EM/HP mount. Electrolux motors/ Husqvarna Partner.

That EM/HP mount got crossed later to the HS/HU mount, commonly known now as being the same as the Oregon D009.

LOL! Nope, it wasn't from Acres. When I acquired all of these guide bars last year, I was forced to do a lot of research on what each mount was, mount designation by manufacturer, subtle differences between similar mounts, etc.

I do remember reading somewhere, or hearing from someone that the PM1000, and P100 saws were similar, but that the bar mounts could be different. I should have taken better notes, my bad.

As I previously mentioned, I am well aware of what a D005/ EM mount is, and I refer to it as a "Universal" mount, because it can be run on many different saws without modification. You can't say the same for a D009.

I was going to include something in my previous post about the D005 being made obsolete by Oregon, in favor of the D009, but I was in the middle of dealing with my kids, helping carve pumpkins, etc.

Oh well, whatever. At least I paid you a compliment in my previous post instead of being a condescending curmudgeon.

I can say that I truly appreciate both Jon and Mark for sharing their knowledge.

Thanks to both of you for being so helpful, friendly, and kind on this thread.

I myself was confused about what bar or bars for sure would fit this saw, as there isn't much information out there about it. The extra info about the bar plates was very informative as well and will help future owners of Partner P100 and Mc PM1000 saws.

Now, for the main question, does anyone want to buy this saw?

I can say that I truly appreciate both Jon and Mark for sharing their knowledge.

Thanks to both of you for being so helpful, friendly, and kind on this thread.

I myself was confused about what bar or bars for sure would fit this saw, as there isn't much information out there about it. The extra info about the bar plates was very informative as well and will help future owners of Partner P100 and Mc PM1000 saws.

Now, for the main question, does anyone want to buy this saw?

If I didn't already have 5 six cube Partner based saws, with another supposedly on the way sometime, I would have bought it already.

Back