• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy McCulloch Pro Mac 800 or 850

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlNAlberta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Beg, borrow or steal. (Steal not so much)

Looking for a nice clean low milage saw with minor paint issues and no broken parts. Something that runs and cuts. With or without bar, and will need to confirm compression and oiler functioning.

Thank yaw!!

..... Drum roll please ...... Lol.

That's a tough question to answer.

I suppose the price of a saw would be dictated by its condition in both appearance and mechanical capability. Given a saw of that vintage has been discontinued for a good many years, it is a bit of a sellers marker, and being at the right place at the right time. I unfortunately am at the mercy of the seller, and would be giving a price based off selling history on eBay and maybe AS. Unfortunately supply and demand will likely inflate a sellers asking price to the point of "how bad do you want it, and how much are you willing to pay to get it?"

Then of course there is the seller and his honesty, or lack thereof in being truthful about exactly what it is he is selling.

With that said, I missed a nearly mint SP800 a month or so ago that went for $355.00 and am still kicking myself, there was one sold a couple weeks back for $299.00 and there is one listed right now for $120.00 and they were all pretty rough.

I think if the right opportunity comes up, I would spend the $, but am not going to rush.

What have you got for sale?

Hey, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I may have a Pro Mac 850 I would part with. Have to dig it out and see if it cracks on a squirt. Might need some parts if I remember correctly.

I actually bought a few SP's and 800/850's a while back. I needed a good cylinder. I have four 80cc saws. I was trying to make 2 good running saws. Other 2 had bad cylinders and pistons. This 850 is kinda rough. Not sure if you're interested. 1481566325341.jpg
I have a clutch/brake cover. It's partial. The exhaust portion is cut off due to broken pieces.

I might keep looking but thank you for your reply. Looking for something I can run without too much fiddling. I've been restoring and rebuilding saws for quite a few years now, but I live in Canada and it's definitely getting harder for me. One of my dollars is only worth .70 cents US at the moment and I don't know what the heck is up with USPS but their shipping rates are absolutely insane, then I have to convert that too! Ugh. So I guess that's why I'm looking ..... or was looing for a nice runner. A $400.00 saw in the US turns into a 700.00 saw in Canada mighty quick.

Cheers!!

Understood! Kinda relieved. Wasn't real sure I wanted to let it go anyway! 80cc's are getting harder and harder to find. Good luck!
Merry Christmas!

My little sister builds Macs. She's not very good at it, but I bet she'll sell you a lemon for dirt cheap. I'll holler at her and see what kinda crap she has for sale. You'll only have to dump a couple hundred into it to get it to run.

Latest posts

Back