• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold McCulloch ProMac 850 - nice, clean-enough, solid operatin' condition ; two bar options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenaisSAWnceMan

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well.......a guy thinks he may be ready to let something go....until, he starts her up, after it's been a while.....:)

Just nuthin' like the raw sound, the pop 'n pulse....of a vintage saw.... This thing bucks, just sittin' there idlin', like the 090AV.

- Appears all-original, ceptin' for the starter housing, which be a replacement? Just, a somewhat-different color-tone; though, various case/covers parts do age differently, on many saws.
- Can't locate the comp gauge; but, suffice it to say: it surely feels to have notably-more compression, than any of my modern saws, even the bigger-uns...:)
- Starts and runs quite enthusiastically. I've user her, twice I think, and she pulls-through like a Princess, on roids...
- Just enough honest wear so she has a badge of experience.
- Didn't seem to be oiling automatically, so....not having time to fuss over it, I had found a NOS, OEM Mac oil pump. {Manual works fine.} Not readily found, or inexpensive....but, nothing's too
good for the esteemed ladies of the harem.
The pump, is included. And, I do have a gasket, but....need to locate it, which may not be possible, quick-like. Thus, I commit to send it to the buyer, once located....in the ADDer nether
regions...!
- She dumped her chain brake, long ago....and is happy runnin' without it, if you are....

- Powerhead, only, with earl pump: $425. shipped to the CONUS {SOLD}

***I s'pose I should hold the remaining ( roller) bar...until the powerhead is sold... I'll take, and hold, interest in the bar, alone, and let her go, once the 'head is sold, if the
buyer doesn't take her.

Bar 1 - {SOLD}

OEM Mac 28" sprocket-nose, with chain. Used once; just-as-new. $100. shipped to the CONUS

Bar 2 -

Suweet, vintage Remington (I believe) roller-nose bar, 25", quite-painstakingly modded, for fit/adjustability, and oiling, to work with her. With chain.
{Can't seem to quickly locate it, but it's gotta be here!} Some photos shown, with this one mounted.

$120. shipped to the CONUS {SOLD}

DSCN0561.JPGDSCN0562.JPGfullsizeoutput_13c6.jpegDSCN0564.JPGDSCN0565.JPGfullsizeoutput_13c8.jpegDSCN0567.JPGDSCN0568.JPGDSCN0569.JPGDSCN9107.JPG

Well.......a guy thinks he may be ready to let something go....until, he starts her up, after it's been a while.....:)

Just nuthin' like the raw sound, the pop 'n pulse....of a vintage saw.... This thing bucks, just sittin' there idlin', like the 090AV.

- Appears all-original, ceptin' for the starter housing, which be a replacement? Just, a somewhat-different color-tone; though, various case/covers parts do age differently, on many saws.
- Can't locate the comp gauge; but, suffice it to say: it surely feels to have notably-more compression, than any of my modern saws, even the bigger-uns...:)
- Starts and runs quite enthusiastically. I've user her, twice I think, and she pulls-through like a Princess, on roids...
- Just enough honest wear so she has a badge of experience.
- Didn't seem to be oiling automatically, so....not having time to fuss over it, I had found a NOS, OEM Mac oil pump. {Manual works fine.} Not readily found, or inexpensive....but, nothing's too
good for the esteemed ladies of the harem.
The pump, is included. And, I do have a gasket, but....need to locate it, which may not be possible, quick-like. Thus, I commit to send it to the buyer, once located....in the ADDer nether
regions...!
- She dumped her chain brake, long ago....and is happy runnin' without it, if you are....

- Powerhead, only, with earl pump: $425. shipped to the CONUS {SOLD}

***I s'pose I should hold the remaining ( roller) bar...until the powerhead is sold... I'll take, and hold, interest in the bar, alone, and let her go, once the 'head is sold, if the
buyer doesn't take her.

Bar 1 - {SOLD}

OEM Mac 28" sprocket-nose, with chain. Used once; just-as-new. $100. shipped to the CONUS

Bar 2 -

Suweet, vintage Remington (I believe) roller-nose bar, 25", quite-painstakingly modded, for fit/adjustability, and oiling, to work with her. With chain.
{Can't seem to quickly locate it, but it's gotta be here!} Some photos shown, with this one mounted.

$120. shipped to the CONUS {SOLD}

View attachment 830358View attachment 830359View attachment 830360View attachment 830361View attachment 830362View attachment 830363View attachment 830364View attachment 830365View attachment 830366View attachment 830367

Where did you get this saw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back