Mcculloch Super Pro 125c Complete rebuild.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing does look really cool but im not sure that i want to swing the expense for something that i might only actually use twice.

Also, once i get the a spring figured out, any ideas on how to actually get the starter to operate smoothly and fluidly without getting hung up or making horrendous vibrating noises?

Maybe instead of being a supposive cheapscate you could invest in one i seen you bought the right puller for the flywheel so another tool to help with more than just one saw or small engine would be a clever move
I'm buying one god know's how much frustration and sore fingers it will or would save on my behalf.

McBob.

ok, so the nail in the board trick worked great. I got the spring in the starter housing about a half dozen times, powdered graphited it, cleaned and graphite lubed, ect.

Every time, i could get 3 or 4 pulls out of it to test it and then it would jam up again. Only thing that i can figure is that the spring is warped and is folding on top of itself. I think i just need to use a different spring. I the mean time Im going to put the starter from my 125c on the sp125 and see if i can figure out the fuel issues.

If the spring is folding over itself then you probably wound it into the housing in the wrong direction...

Ive wound it in there in EVERY direction and tried everything, with no luck. Dont know what else to do at this point, its not totally broke, its just not reliable.

{edit to add}

Ok, so i may finally have it halfway reliable. Im going to throw it on the saw and see if i can work from there...

Last edited:
Im going to put the starter from my 125c on the sp125 and see if i can figure out the fuel issues.

Sawking had an interesting way to bypass the fuel system

[video=youtube;22rAZcXbn8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UL22rAZcXbn8k&feature=player_detailpage&v=22rAZcXbn8k[/video]

ok, so the nail in the board trick worked great. I got the spring in the starter housing about a half dozen times, powdered graphited it, cleaned and graphite lubed, ect.

Every time, i could get 3 or 4 pulls out of it to test it and then it would jam up again. Only thing that i can figure is that the spring is warped and is folding on top of itself. I think i just need to use a different spring. I the mean time Im going to put the starter from my 125c on the sp125 and see if i can figure out the fuel issues.

What size rope did you use - assuming you replaced the rope? How does the diameter of the rope compare to the slot width of the starter pulley? If too small diameter, the rope could be jamming.

What size rope did you use - assuming you replaced the rope? How does the diameter of the rope compare to the slot width of the starter pulley? If too small diameter, the rope could be jamming.

Factory origonal rope and spring, im almost certain that its just the spring thats garbage.

I used the starter off my 125c on the 125 last night and got it started and running well.

Last edited:
Any chance of a video?

Not that I really want to continue to encourage your presence in my thread, but sure, anything for you pal!

Soon as i get off work and home around 9pm I'll go out in the garage and crank it up for a minute. I should be reassembling some of the 125c that i repainted tonight too. The engine wont be done for a few more weeks, but im getting closer.

BTW thomas, why is your name completely whited out on this discussion?

Not that I really want to continue to encourage your presence in my thread, but sure, anything for you pal!

Soon as i get off work and home around 9pm I'll go out in the garage and crank it up for a minute. I should be reassembling some of the 125c that i repainted tonight too. The engine wont be done for a few more weeks, but im getting closer.

What do you mean whited out? It looks fine to me.

Well, not only is Tom "kinda" tarded, but he also thinks he's "kinda" invisible.

It's his belief that he's a Superhero.

Just play along, and don't touch his ears, or he'll freakout.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Well?

Back