Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I think that part of the issue with parking the ISO somewhere is that Stihl will eventually find it and order it removed due to DMCA copyright issues. Same thing happens with auto mobile service information. Can't do that with a DVD in the mail!

Very True.

For any that are interested, I made an ISO and it's uploaded on one of the anomyous upload sites. I won't put the link here in this post because it was certainly trigger a file removal on the site and then I'll have to upload it to another.

If anyone wants a copy of the link to the image file (ISO), shoot me a PM and I'll send it over. Its a free site so the link will be active for 7 days, after which I'll have to upload it again.

It is super easy, just click or copy/paste the link, click "download" then double click the dowloaded file "MediaCat.iso" (generally in the downloads folder or desktop by default). That should open the image in Windows Explorer. Then double click "setup" and install MediaCat. Thats how it works for Windows 8 and 10 at least. Windows 7 needs a 3rd party image mounting software, try: WinCDEMU. It's free and easy to use.

I’d be interested as well :innocent:

I’d assume this would require burning copies on CD’s and I do need to pickup a new laptop to store all my service manuals and IPL pdf’s.. strictly saw shop laptop but not afraid to copy away and send out a fair share if this is still available

Edit: will this work with brand new latest/greatest store bought laptop?

Anyone in Europe that could send a copy to the guy in Romania?
Hell, at this late date, the guys in line should just go ahead and pay costs, postage, etc.
I don't think Stihl has pursued anyone here yet over this.

I've already sent a couple to Europe and Australia hoping those folks would pick up the ball for requests from those areas. Maybe someone will. I know there are a couple guys over on Opie that are offering download links in some cases, but that takes a little more know-how than just poppin' in a CD and automagically having everything happen. Several steps are also involved to burn an install-able CD for passing on down the line..., making it less likely that someone would actually go to the trouble to honor their end of the deal once they have the software themselves.

And yes, it'll work with any version of Windows.

Let's have a thread/wish list, for all the guys that want an old copy of mediacat, if someone recieves a copy, he must make two copies and pass it
on by USPS, or else you will suffer from bad luck, and bad rep.

Whatever, this will be a big thread that needs no stickiness.
I have made a copy, sent it to a member here, or two, who is next?

I have sent one, who wants to be next?

You will have to set your computer clock back 2 years, or so......

But has workshop manuals too.......

First one only for me. Post here, then I will P.M. you....

This will lighten up the posts for ipls and manuals.....

I am a private entity, there should be no repurcussions for the hosts.

First one????
I would like a copy of the media cat disk if there is one available.

For anyone that needs MediaCat:
https://mega.nz/#!85ZUwDwS!wgLFs8NB8ON1q3XfP-hFt-RfdULQuS6S-NDUfCSGbbQ

Download that link then follow these instructions:
Just click or copy/paste the link, click "download" then double click the dowloaded file "MediaCat.iso" (generally in the downloads folder or desktop by default). That should open the image in Windows Explorer. Then double click "setup" and install MediaCat. Thats how it works for Windows 8 and 10 at least. Windows 7 needs a 3rd party image mounting software, try: WinCDEMU. It's free and easy to use.

Let's have a thread/wish list, for all the guys that want an old copy of mediacat, if someone recieves a copy, he must make two copies and pass it
on by USPS, or else you will suffer from bad luck, and bad rep.

Whatever, this will be a big thread that needs no stickiness.
I have made a copy, sent it to a member here, or two, who is next?

I have sent one, who wants to be next?

You will have to set your computer clock back 2 years, or so......

But has workshop manuals too.......

First one only for me. Post here, then I will P.M. you....

This will lighten up the posts for ipls and manuals.....

I am a private entity, there should be no repurcussions for the hosts.

First one????
Hey I’m not sure I’ve seen this exact situation with passing the generosity forward two folds with manuals lol but I likeyI’m interested in getting the opportunity to partake in this and get the resource to use and pass on. thanks

Hi to all :)
Unfortunately the link from 2018 does not work :( Could someone please send me a working link for the Mediacat?

Is there a section in this wonderfull forum to introduce myself?

Greetings from Germany,
Chris

Hi to all :)
Unfortunately the link from 2018 does not work :( Could someone please send me a working link for the Mediacat?

Is there a section in this wonderfull forum to introduce myself?

Greetings from Germany,
Chris

Does Germany block Mega? I just checked my link above and it still works fine. Try downloading while connected to a VPN outside Germany.

Latest posts

Back