Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, as long as I set the clock back, install it, and don't change the date after installing, I'll be fine, right? My laptop isn't connected to the 'net, so it won't set the time automatically...

That is correct. I set mine to Jan '07. I'll just have to remember to set it back once the end of the year draws near.

Who is Any????

Actually, I have mediacat on all of my computers, including the 2008
dvd version, and I click the dates back and forth whenever needed, just
remember to click it to the old date before opening.

I have to move the date to the correct time to log onto pokerstars......

That is correct. I set mine to Jan '07. I'll just have to remember to set it back once the end of the year draws near.

Mediacat will expire before that- it's only good for 9 months FROM the manf date. Then you need to figure out where its hiding it's "I know I've been here before" stuff... or reinstall the OS.

Install it to HD, and image the entire HD. Then you can just reload the image every so often.. lot of screwing around for a product that gets updated 4 times a year.

Last edited:
Who is Any????

Actually, I have mediacat on all of my computers, including the 2008
dvd version, and I click the dates back and forth whenever needed, just
remember to click it to the old date before opening.

I have to move the date to the correct time to log onto pokerstars......

Yes... once you open mediacat with a later date, it's toast... it's actually a POS software. Doesn't play well with other apps, doesn't adhere to windows standards, and now and then flips out and issues German error messages.

Ya'll done got me cornfused all to heck.:confused::confused:

Before I put in the CD, I need to set my computers clock to 1-01-2007? Then make copies?

Ya'll done got me cornfused all to heck.:confused::confused:

Before I put in the CD, I need to set my computers clock to 1-01-2007? Then make copies?

I'm just going to hold down the "Shift" key so the autostart exe file doesn't load up when I insert it into my computer, then use windows explorer to browse through it. I will likely just drag the pdf files onto my hard drive and go from there.

Oh yeah, I will burn 2 CDs first for the next two recipients.

EDIT: This has worked on other CDs, but is not guaranteed to work on this one. If not, I will use one of the copies that I will initially make.

Last edited:
Ok, I feel like a dummy.:dizzy::D I got the 2 copies but my Sonic V.7.0 will not copy them.....WTH? What program are ya'll using to copy these?

Ok, I feel like a dummy.:dizzy::D I got the 2 copies but my Sonic V.7.0 will not copy them.....WTH? What program are ya'll using to copy these?

The ones you got, I just copied the CD title on a piece of paper. Then I cut and pasted the entire contents of the CD into a temporary folder on my computer. Then I burned a new CD. I'm too cheap to buy another drive for my desktop. :givebeer: I was trying to use some software to do it, but cut and paste was easier than figuring out the "easy to use" programs.....

Yes... once you open mediacat with a later date, it's toast... it's actually a POS software. Doesn't play well with other apps, doesn't adhere to windows standards, and now and then flips out and issues German error messages.

:greenchainsaw:

I can see Stihl coming out with a version that will be very hard to copy.

Gary

The ones you got, I just copied the CD title on a piece of paper. Then I cut and pasted the entire contents of the CD into a temporary folder on my computer. Then I burned a new CD. I'm too cheap to buy another drive for my desktop. :givebeer: I was trying to use some software to do it, but cut and paste was easier than figuring out the "easy to use" programs.....

My eyes just crossed reading that.:confused::dizzy: I'm going to need a eaiser step by step process of what you just described, I'm PMing you my email...

Latest posts

Back