"Mercury" Mall 7G or 7GA two man saw by Mall Tool Co. In Chicago

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShermanC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Mountain View, AR 2-1/2 hours north of Little Rock
I'm helping search for a coil for this saw made between 1950-1952 in Cicago or near Montreal. I have found some great web links but no parts sources. The company ceased doing biz in 1975 owned by AMCA or Master Consolidated. At least we have all the OEM specs by which to reset the engine and see if it will run. It's a beast of a saw! If you can help the knowledgebase grow please post your two cents worth! Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Go back to the menue and drop down till you find the chainsaw forum, folks have the old 2 man Malls and Disstons, and there is quite a bit of footage of them running, Joe.

Progress report about the Mall 7G

Go back to the menue and drop down till you find the chainsaw forum, folks have the old 2 man Malls and Disstons, and there is quite a bit of footage of them running, Joe.
Thanks for your responses Joe. Bob in Australia sent photos with OEM specs for Larry to reset the machine and see if it will run at all. After that is done and if it works, he might not need a coil. Robert Cornwell also sent the eBay auction item and the seller has six available. It would be very satisfying to restore a sixty year old saw.
Last year a friend gave me a 1980 vintage Sears Lawn Valet, a walk behind leaf vacuum, in several parts with the front snout, the plastic transfer chute and a Tecumseh engine. My first search was to Sears web site but I met with deaf ears. They offered the generic parts but not the cloth collection bag. So I bought a new Robin-Subaru SP-170 engine, new wheels and modified the blower housing to blow leaves off the fromt left wheel (left of the machine) in wind row fashion. It saved me several house of leaf cleanup and runs like a champion.

A friend of mine has one of these mall 7g's not sure if it runs or not havent had the chance to look at it for him. Anyone know what it could be worth?

A friend of mine has one of these mall 7g's not sure if it runs or not havent had the chance to look at it for him. Anyone know what it could be worth?

Rob, what it might be worth is a hard one. I bought a Homelite 7-19 at an auction for $60. Had no intention of selling it. Then a collector contacted me and offered $800 as is. Yesterday my cousin called from an auction and asked how much he should bid on a big saw for me. I told him $50. He got it for 30. It's a 130CC David Bradley. A couple years ago I sold my Dad's Disston DA211 2 man on ebay for $200. I think I'd try to hold out for at least $200, if it's running more. But, I'm patience. My cousin passed on a Mac 2 man that sold for $5 because he didn't want to carry it out to his truck, and he thought I only collected Homelites. I bout choked when he told me. Now he looks for anything big. Rule is 24" bar or bigger and too heavy to walk around with.

Back