Meteor cylinder on a 357xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
Installed my new meteor cylinder and piston on my beloved 357xp. Tried to do a gasket delete but the piston hit the top of the cylinder not allowing a full stroke rotation. I have never had that issue before with any saw I have rebuilt with a base gasket delete. Squish with the gasket installed was .0225 which I would assume would be plenty for a gasket delete? What am I missing here? Both cylinders measured almost identical in cylinder depth from the base. 20180315_165055.jpg 20180315_165129.jpg

Far from an expert so seek better advice. I’m thinking the couple gasket delete saws I did we’re about.037 ish with the gasket and .018 without the gasket. I guess that makes the gasket about.019. I’m thinking your pretty damn good where you’re at.

My "new" 257 measures .023" squish with gasket in place, and I love the way this saw runs with a 20" bar, even without bumper spikes. I agree with Spyder62. Install with the gasket and let her rip. Husqvarna fuel economy truly amazes me. All three of my Husky saws will cut a truckload of logs on one tank of fuel. Must be that air injection idea and me running a sharp chain.

Check your compression while the engine is cold. Also it might be a good idea to check it before it brakes in so you know just how much you gain when it does brake in. Just a thought

My 357xp seems to out run my 359 as of right now. I ran them side by side today and the 357xp rips... But then again the 359 doesn't have a muffler mod yet either, but does have a gasket delete. Hoping the 359 will have the same performance as the 357xp with a muff mod.

Latest posts

Back