Mid May 2013 & still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 25th and Im running the fireplace

Its May 25th and weve got a freeze warning on for tonight, im burning next years wood that I just laid up to keep house warm.... someone tell Obama his global warming BS just wont fly !!!

Yep, May 25 and I'm still burning in southern NH. Would like to be done, as the stove could use a freshening up after five seasons (gaskets, check the fiber "refractory" back part, etc...my 2008 Vt. Castings Encore is no Vigilant, but it does the job).

If the garden wasn't planted, I'd rather have sn:censored:w than this 40 and rain garbage. Miserable weather.

Yep, May 25 and I'm still burning in southern NH. Would like to be done, as the stove could use a freshening up after five seasons (gaskets, check the fiber "refractory" back part, etc...my 2008 Vt. Castings Encore is no Vigilant, but it does the job).

If the garden wasn't planted, I'd rather have sn:censored:w than this 40 and rain garbage. Miserable weather.

Howdy neighba', I'm with ya' on that one, I love having a fire but it's a little late in the season to be burnin' wood to heat the house..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Better than burnin' oil..... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Slight problem last night because the a/c kicked in when the inside temp reached 74. QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, one hr ago..had small fire going,,to take off the chill,,and furnace running??? like you,i remembered the air was on!!!:dizzy:

It's Memorial Day Weekend and not only is my stove running, but everything is covered with snow here. :msp_mad:

Where the heck did my global warming go ?? :msp_confused:

Ayuh,
got a nice fire goin' in the stove this mornin', 34[SUP]o[/SUP] degrees when I got up. :msp_ohmy:
That's one of the things I love so much about New Hampsha', you get to see it all here, "weather" it's supposed to happen or not..... :hmm3grin2orange: (you see what I did there :msp_tongue:)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Slight problem last night because the a/c kicked in when the inside temp reached 74. QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, one hr ago..had small fire going,,to take off the chill,,and furnace running??? like you,i remembered the air was on!!!:dizzy:

Wow, woodstove and a/c at the same time? Talk about precision climate control!:msp_thumbsup:

25 burn days

i can not belive i will have burned 25 days this may.looks like i will stop on tue.close to 8 cords or 1100 cubic feet of wood.k

I did my end of the season multi-hour cleaning on the stove yesterday. This morning it's raining and cool outside and on the edge of being uncomfortably cool in the house. If it gets any colder in here I'm going to flip the switch on the furnace because I am done burning for the season.

I fired up the insert for the Memorial Day weekend, now today the A/C will have to be turned on. 87°F and about the same for humidity. Where the heck did Spring go? Last few years it was winter straight to summer.

I came to the decision to just leave the owb burn all summer for hot water, and that way the heat will be there when the mercury drops. I'm not fighting it anymore.

A month into this thread! June 13th and I just fired up the stove to knock the humidity back a bit. :dizzy:
Trying to get some construction estimates out and the paper feels like a sponge in my hands. Humidity outdoors has been hovering around 98% for the better part of this month and 60% or so inside. The guns are rusting! :msp_angry:
We did have a few good days so the farmers could get their seeding done, but its raining again....

Couple more sticks in the OWB tonight, damp and 50. Gonna shut er down when it warms up :laugh:

Yeah, I cant believe I'm considering putting the stove on. Wow! Didnt get out of the 50s today and nows the wind will pick up. Storm strengthening and ready to come off the coast. Normals are mid 70s.

Check out these "afternoon" mid June temps

Map116_zps398c6059.jpg

Latest posts

Back