MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I didn't get one of Alex's splitter, nor the fan that he needed either. I got a few pics, that I'll try to get up later. Fun stuff though. Time to get back to work, and relax and recover!!

The fan sure was nice, I don't know of anyone who drives around with a fan and gen in the vehicle. Here I was bit**** and moaning about the heat and few min later grimmy strolls up with a standing fan and a gen... It was AWESOME! Was a good day other then the heat. Get two splitters going and enough people you can get a lot done in a short amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys have inspired me
5a8y8apa.jpg

The fan sure was nice, I don't know of anyone who drives around with a fan and gen in the vehicle. Here I was bit**** and moaning about the heat and few min later grimmy strolls up with a standing fan and a gen... It was AWESOME! Was a good day other then the heat. Get two splitters going and enough people you can get a lot done in a short amount of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I could have joined you all but graduation called.. We took the families to the zoo and all in all had a great weekend! Looks like you guys had a good time.

You guys have inspired me
5a8y8apa.jpg
That's got me thinking even more, if the charging circuit was higher on my splitter (I think it's pretty low, but I'm having difficulties finding out it's capabilities) I could just put a small inverter, say 4-500 watt max, enough to run an electric motor that could power that squirrel cage. Dam you Mike, for making me think more. Now I'll want to tinker some more and something else will get pushed back.

Here's some of the other pics I got. About the same as already been posted. The last one, isn't what we did for the day, as there was a pretty good pile already there. You can see the second lump to the right of it, that's all new, and the pile to the left, was all done Saturday.

If you had to guess, think we did 5 cord worth? I know it felt like more. Need to find a conveyor!

20140531_110551.jpg 20140531_135825.jpg 20140531_144404.jpg 20140531_144459.jpg 20140531_164312.jpg

That's got me thinking even more, if the charging circuit was higher on my splitter (I think it's pretty low, but I'm having difficulties finding out it's capabilities) I could just put a small inverter, say 4-500 watt max, enough to run an electric motor that could power that squirrel cage. Dam you Mike, for making me think more. Now I'll want to tinker some more and something else will get pushed back.
Too bad you couldn't belt drive a 2 wire gm alternator from behind the love joy.

Yup , that's what thinking too. But sometimes don't work that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tuff crowd eh?

I think it'd be easier to just just split wood then its less than 60 degrees out.
While I do prefer that, sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. I don't like doing that stuff in the heat, and it really wasn't quite that bad till after lunch. The dam sun came out and it got a little brutal. As long as there's plenty of water, breaks, and some shade for some relief, I'm game. I'm looking at a little blower to throw in as well, that would be better than the fan I had. If I got room, I'll carry both of em.

The rest of the month is touch n go. End of the month I head out on my annual vacation which takes me to the second week in July. After that, I'm game for whatever. Heck even a campfire n grub night would be good for me. I want to watch one of them roman candles being made and lit. I thought that was pretty neat.

While I do prefer that, sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. I don't like doing that stuff in the heat, and it really wasn't quite that bad till after lunch. The dam sun came out and it got a little brutal. As long as there's plenty of water, breaks, and some shade for some relief, I'm game. I'm looking at a little blower to throw in as well, that would be better than the fan I had. If I got room, I'll carry both of em.

The rest of the month is touch n go. End of the month I head out on my annual vacation which takes me to the second week in July. After that, I'm game for whatever. Heck even a campfire n grub night would be good for me. I want to watch one of them roman candles being made and lit. I thought that was pretty neat.
Do you mean Swedish Candle.......................or maybe I missed something?

Do you mean Swedish Candle.......................or maybe I missed something?
Maybe that's it. It's where you cut the center out of a chunk and have to cut a relief hole and such. You were talking about it on Saturday, I just don't remember exactly what ya called it.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3.

Maybe that's it. It's where you cut the center out of a chunk and have to cut a relief hole and such. You were talking about it on Saturday, I just don't remember exactly what ya called it.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3.
Yup. Swedish or Scandinavian Candle. We have some in the shed, should have sent one home with you.

Yup. Swedish or Scandinavian Candle. We have some in the shed, should have sent one home with you.
Guess I'll just have to come down again. I'm almost afraid to say it, but I'm ready for another round. :) Back is feeling pretty good today. I even looked at the forecast for Saturday and suppose to be low 70s, but had a chance of rain in it. OMG, I think it's contagious!! Maybe I should seek help! LOL

Guess I'll just have to come down again. I'm almost afraid to say it, but I'm ready for another round. :) Back is feeling pretty good today. I even looked at the forecast for Saturday and suppose to be low 70s, but had a chance of rain in it. OMG, I think it's contagious!! Maybe I should seek help! LOL
Its really contagious when you run a red and black or orange sweetish built high performance machine! ;)

Did ya get some good chain for the 660 yet?

Its really contagious when you run a red and black or orange sweetish built high performance machine! ;)

Did ya get some good chain for the 660 yet?
It's too early in the morning to get started on that again! :rolleyes:

Alex said he either has some or is getting me some. I'm trying to get a different bar, a lighter one, on the way......if they'd ever answer their phone so I could get the order placed. If my supervisor would leave me alone, I could try to call this morning. ugggg! :dizzy:

It's too early in the morning to get started on that again! :rolleyes:

Alex said he either has some or is getting me some. I'm trying to get a different bar, a lighter one, on the way......if they'd ever answer their phone so I could get the order placed. If my supervisor would leave me alone, I could try to call this morning. ugggg! :dizzy:
Sugi hara?

Latest posts

Back