MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'll just have to come down again. I'm almost afraid to say it, but I'm ready for another round. :) Back is feeling pretty good today. I even looked at the forecast for Saturday and suppose to be low 70s, but had a chance of rain in it. OMG, I think it's contagious!! Maybe I should seek help! LOL
Come on down. We can help u,not sayin it will help to the good, might take ya over the edge. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Got some cut on Saturday, with 100% humidity!! UGGG, was nasty, but having the little generator powering a fan and a new blower fan, made a huge difference!! This was burr oak, and had a widow maker up in the tree that I got pulled down. Most all cut up, about 80% of it. Going to get the splitter out tonight and split away. The bar is 28". Was good to get the 660 in some big wood with a good chain. It ran pretty darn good (thanks Alex!) and went through like butter!!

20140607_101717.jpg

20140607_112833.jpg

20140607_115706.jpg

After getting that pile made, rain was on the way in. I had the atv tandem trailer with me and wanted to get some camp fire wood, do headed out to get that filled. As I pulled out of the timber, it was raining, and I had 7 miles to go in the rain. Got home, soaking wet. So put everything away and went to soak in the hot tub with a few cold ones. Was down to the last can, and got the urge and an idea to split and stay dry. This is what I came up with. :) Ain't a little rain stopping me. Just thought I'd share.

20140607_160331.jpg

20140607_165617.jpg

Blue tarp is what was added and needs the moisture dried from it. Brown is already dried and ready for the camp fire.

Got some cut on Saturday, with 100% humidity!! UGGG, was nasty, but having the little generator powering a fan and a new blower fan, made a huge difference!! This was burr oak, and had a widow maker up in the tree that I got pulled down. Most all cut up, about 80% of it. Going to get the splitter out tonight and split away. The bar is 28". Was good to get the 660 in some big wood with a good chain. It ran pretty darn good (thanks Alex!) and went through like butter!!

View attachment 354315

View attachment 354316

View attachment 354317

After getting that pile made, rain was on the way in. I had the atv tandem trailer with me and wanted to get some camp fire wood, do headed out to get that filled. As I pulled out of the timber, it was raining, and I had 7 miles to go in the rain. Got home, soaking wet. So put everything away and went to soak in the hot tub with a few cold ones. Was down to the last can, and got the urge and an idea to split and stay dry. This is what I came up with. :) Ain't a little rain stopping me. Just thought I'd share.

View attachment 354318

View attachment 354319

Blue tarp is what was added and needs the moisture dried from it. Blue is already dried and ready for the camp fire.
I only see 1 blue tarp, just a observation ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That OAK was hard stuff, I'll bet!!!!!
Did ya get a new chain for the 28'' bar?
Yes I did get a new chain, and omg what a difference that makes! I got my new bar, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I'll bring it with me next time I'm out and when the chain that I got now, starts getting dull, I'll change the bar and chain out (as they are different drive links, 91 and 93). Nice being able to just let the 660 sit there and feed itself and auger. I thought the chips were good, for the hard stuff I was cutting. It was very knotty and the grain is twisted and such too, which makes it tough to split. I actually sheared 2 bolts on the ram on my splitter on the second piece yesterday. :( Had to run to town to get some replacement bolts and then was back to splitting.

Here's a quick pic I took about 730pm last night, right after we called it quits. Was hot, tired, and hungry!! Will go back out again today to try to finish what's cut, maybe get the rest cut, will have to see.20140610_192701.jpg

Good question...

Doug is having a charity split in a month or so... I had surmised that might be the fall iowa event. 5-6 of us are going to WKY this fall too.

Yes October 11. If you want to just hang out and BS you are welcome to come.

Just painted the log stand this morning. Will start welding the next one on the weekend.

ygavedej.jpg

Yesterday I mowed the weeds in the wood lot and put down wood chips. I will have the garage cleaned out for sleepers and food tables. Plan to have lots of pie this fall.

Yes October 11. If you want to just hang out and BS you are welcome to come.

Just painted the log stand this morning. Will start welding the next one on the weekend.

ygavedej.jpg

Yesterday I mowed the weeds in the wood lot and put down wood chips. I will have the garage cleaned out for sleepers and food tables. Plan to have lots of pie this fall.

what happened Doug its black?o_O:rolleyes:

Back