mighty mac ls-185 log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Treacy

Reaction score
HI. New to forum. I've checked out some of the threads about this log splitter and haven't found the info I'm looking for. Hopefully someone may be able to help.
On the cross pump by behind the handle there is a little port and when splitting wood it seems to leak some hydraulic fluid. is this normal or should there be a plug or something in it. I have a pic to help. Thanks
I rebuilt carb and set idle correctly and put springs back on and replaced points with a magnito. It now purrs like a kitten.

Attachments

• pump handle part.jpg
    pump handle part.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 12
  • pump handle part 2.jpg
    pump handle part 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
HI. New to forum. I've checked out some of the threads about this log splitter and haven't found the info I'm looking for. Hopefully someone may be able to help.
On the cross pump by behind the handle there is a little port and when splitting wood it seems to leak some hydraulic fluid. is this normal or should there be a plug or something in it. I have a pic to help. Thanks
I rebuilt carb and set idle correctly and put springs back on and replaced points with a magnito. It now purrs like a kitten.
Hello. Did you ever find any info out about your problem with any companies? Mine leaks there to plus a cylinder leak. I have a LS-185 model! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back