• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mike Lee ported 372xp west coast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
Another 372 up for sale. I’ve pretty well switched to 390’s across the board so these just sit. Keeping one as that’s all I need.
Built on a mint 02 365 special case with 365 tag still attached, unlimited coil, new 50mm OE top end ported by Mike. It also has the newer Oiler and worm gear. The plastics were like new until recently when I made it my main saw for a shift. The AF cover only has 4 days on it lol much like the last one I sold it’s been initialed so guys in camp leave it alone. Also has the wide discharge clutch cover. Muffler has a stock opening modification and was done quite nicely by someone before me. $750 shipped

72b3567e4d3a48e767b527a8cfbbe522.jpg

3846ace3f3bf4ced38046cc554a31bcd.jpg

e0db09c7168c50835a434a0fb4805197.jpg

Cover and brake handle were trimmed for another muffler just like that last one. Don’t affect nothing.

86da90e804a9b54d2ea3840208e0a6e1.jpg

abeed83695fdab7adf4951ac2d2afeec.jpg

abd82a59e5b37810c859a710a5883894.jpg

a74667bf43b5c1b94eb2b07c7c79902b.jpg

3b1357845b6e52374ad4009b64cf6ffa.jpg

Hey Shane, do you see many “G” models with the heated handles up your way? Would have thought they’d be more popular and you’d have more G models in your arsenal to unload.

Hey Shane, do you see many “G” models with the heated handles up your way? Would have thought they’d be more popular and you’d have more G models in your arsenal to unload.

not a necessity to have heat on the coast where i'm from but inland BC you see way more G models. unloaded a few G's last year and kept 2 heated 390's for winter. heat sure is nice below freezing but it can be more trouble then it's worth on saws that get used. one of those things i'd rather not have if i don't need it just to keep it simple.

That thing sure got a lot of pop, may as well slap a 'no wimps' sticker across the top.
Last time I saw one of those stickers it was in this home made little dragster across the rear end. Due to the design, Consequently that's where your nut sack sat.
Yup, those front motor slingshot dragster were a blast to run. Mine always felt like someone grabbed the front of my shirt and yanked me hard where everything else seemed to push you into the seat. That and you could see exactly where every part of the car was as you were the last pat of it sans the chute pack or wheelie bar.

Yup, those front motor slingshot dragster were a blast to run. Mine always felt like someone grabbed the front of my shirt and yanked me hard where everything else seemed to push you into the seat. That and you could see exactly where every part of the car was as you were the last pat of it sans the chute pack or wheelie bar.
That's right you were a racer. That must have been tremendously exiting?
I get the centripetal force setting you back in the seat. So turbulence was pulling your shirt I would suspect?
Knew a local guy that owned the gas station garage. I hear he would put $20 on the Dash of his GTO and you could have it if you could grab it when he hit 2nd or 3rd? Maybe both? Long time ago.

Looks like it broke in nicely and gained plenty of compression. Be good for a guy in a higher elevation.

I don’t run decomps no matter what but installed one in this saw for the buyer cause I wanted the plug to plug another 390. lots of spare decomps but no spare plugs here. did the comp test and was surprised to see that comp as it’s pretty easy to start without it. I swear it has as much comp as a stock saw with the decomp open lol maybe more even.

That's right you were a racer. That must have been tremendously exiting?
I get the centripetal force setting you back in the seat. So turbulence was pulling your shirt I would suspect?
Knew a local guy that owned the gas station garage. I hear he would put $20 on the Dash of his GTO and you could have it if you could grab it when he hit 2nd or 3rd? Maybe both? Long time ago.
Yea, we did the 20 buck thing too, funny but I could grab it before the clutch petal was all the way out and just laughed. It just seemed that my body ignored accelerating G force better than most other folks. It's a mind over circumstance like walking on coals I suspect. You his get in another zone and concentrate on the goal.

I don’t run decomps no matter what but installed one in this saw for the buyer cause I wanted the plug to plug another 390. lots of spare decomps but no spare plugs here. did the comp test and was surprised to see that comp as it’s pretty easy to start without it. I swear it has as much comp as a stock saw with the decomp open lol maybe more even.

What have you got against decomp plugs? Do they leak? If so, how much pressure loss do you think they leak?

Heated handles can be good on the coast this time of year without gloves.
Any time my hands have been in wet gloves and I use heat they ache & throb all day from the heat.
Mufflers & gasoline are your friend.

It's really hit and miss in the north.
If it's really cold and there is snow drifting around off trees and brush, snow gets between the handle and gloves and your gloves become thick leather ice blocks in about 10 sec after you stop. It progress's through the day. If you want warm hands after a break then you have to work the big muscles and get the blood pumping. I put the saw down, and do some squats and swing my arms. Or go off into some deep powder with snowshoes for a minute. Muffler and gasoline are you friend to start. It's nice to have it for the carb though in the north.

Back