• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mike Lee ported 372xp west coast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heated handles can be good on the coast this time of year without gloves.
Any time my hands have been in wet gloves and I use heat they ache & throb all day from the heat.
Mufflers & gasoline are your friend.

It's really hit and miss in the north.
If it's really cold and there is snow drifting around off trees and brush, snow gets between the handle and gloves and your gloves become thick leather ice blocks in about 10 sec after you stop. It progress's through the day. If you want warm hands after a break then you have to work the big muscles and get the blood pumping. I put the saw down, and do some squats and swing my arms. Or go off into some deep powder with snowshoes for a minute. Muffler and gasoline are you friend to start. It's nice to have it for the carb though in the north.

couple weeks ago i had this 372 cutting mid island tahsis area. real high elevation and it was already snowing!!!! mornings were no colder then -2 and my saw was froze up enough where it barely idled for the first 3 minutes or so.

Yup, those front motor slingshot dragster were a blast to run. Mine always felt like someone grabbed the front of my shirt and yanked me hard where everything else seemed to push you into the seat. That and you could see exactly where every part of the car was as you were the last pat of it sans the chute pack or wheelie bar.

Still want to build one of those some day. Love watching them at the local drags.

couple weeks ago i had this 372 cutting mid island tahsis area. real high elevation and it was already snowing!!!! mornings were no colder then -2 and my saw was froze up enough where it barely idled for the first 3 minutes or so.
That's a cutter's worst nightmare.
You need to start sticking up for yourself and tell them to cut their own land :D that's right. "Hey buddy! You bid it you cut it!
That's when you want to be a union Faller. Loggers won't get off their bus or neither will the Fallers. They just all look at each other then just all ask each other.." would you work in this"sh-t? Then he answers "NO are you crazy...why Would you"?....NO....I ain't working in this are you you nuts.
They just want to get laid off and collect unemployment. Coast is unpredictable, I don't like it much after September. 6 weeks of wind and cold rain and maybe snow on and off. Depends on the year at low elevation, you can get lucky. North you just need to finish jobs before all the wet stuff comes or wait for freeze up. It's to early and to late to work anywhere now. That's my philosophy.

Big wood in Tahsis . Ugly big Cedar snags everywhere that all come down one slab at a time.

Beautiful White wood and Balsam pipe's too. unfortunately, I never get to cut that stuff. I'm not young enough or old enough

That's a cutter's worst nightmare.
You need to start sticking up for yourself and tell them to cut their own land :D that's right. "Hey buddy! You bid it you cut it!
That's when you want to be a union Faller. Loggers won't get off their bus or neither will the Fallers. They just all look at each other then just all ask each other.." would you work in this"sh-t? Then he answers "NO are you crazy...why Would you"?....NO....I ain't working in this are you you nuts.
They just want to get laid off and collect unemployment. Coast is unpredictable, I don't like it much after September. 6 weeks of wind and cold rain and maybe snow on and off. Depends on the year at low elevation, you can get lucky. North you just need to finish jobs before all the wet stuff comes or wait for freeze up. It's to early and to late to work anywhere now. That's my philosophy.

Big wood in Tahsis . Ugly big Cedar snags everywhere that all come down one slab at a time.

Beautiful White wood and Balsam pipe's too. unfortunately, I never get to cut that stuff. I'm not young enough or old enough

ya the balsam were impressive for sure. some stands so tall you would have a tough time seeing up to the top. see just to the first set of branches lol hardly any snags in those nice stands too. we were cutting highest elevation the area had to offer so it was all yellow cedar and the hardest hemlock i ever cut. the odd smaller balsam but pretty well all the bigger ones were snags.
coast is so unpredictable i'm sick of it. first fire season and when were finally out of it we get a month and half before it snows. like WTF! anywhere in between you lose 2 days a week to fog, sometimes more. then couple in the fact that when guys fire up in january they aren't hiring! there's the year! lol next year is looking like a good start close to home though so hopefully it all pans out. to be honest, i'd like to get to the point where i only have to work 150 days a year. maybe less depending on where the tax brackets are at. unpredictable or not, i still love the work.

the muffler i was running on this saw is pretty bad ass, triple screened ports. 2 pipes with a top deflector. i removed the muffler because it was beat up and cracks repaired around the bolt holes. it was cracking again and i felt the saw was to good for that muffler to sell. the muffler requires a ton of work to make as it needs to be cut open to weld the screen racks in. the cracks are easily repaired so if someone who can braze or weld prefers it i can swap it back. I would repair but welder is put away for now. Also have a screened AM muffler as well. Screens are more open in that one and not replaceable. Just to add an option. Muffler on it is definitely in the best shape.

d7cf36926d09c2616d1b6f17094f1f97.jpg

4b918ed19a2689d1706e98e07ff58e15.jpg

5d9e7a5eff534962ac4c393f8bc667e4.jpg

Still want to build one of those some day. Love watching them at the local drags.
I was the early 80's and I was an 18 year old kid when I bought mine. It was cheap as no one wanted front motored cars then. There certainly were no "Nostalgia" classes then. Mine was an ex 1968 top fuel car that i stuck the big block out of my old Camaro (also cheap back then) in. It was 2000 lbs lighter and thus two seconds quicker. The best thing I liked as it was easier to work on with no fenders to hump over. Back the I just lived to go fast cheap. Glad I did it then as it is in no way affordable now.

The other one not pictured up close is not for sale. They have way to much going on in the inside and take way to much time to make. Over half day each in that one and the beat up one. The AM one has a lot of bark though. The little strips welded in to retain the screen could use brazing or welding as well. Just adding an option and don’t care which one the buyer chooses. Muffler on saw is the nicest but just has a factory opening mod. Really all that’s needed.

8dc969a0c8469cae84cdcd30f5b465ae.jpg

b78e41f3a7003dabb5984e7461574093.jpg

9568d15f6506a0d9368ce89e66b72fd9.jpg

Just found a pic of it on phone.

5db7c6bf34a026bae179fa0e52f0b2ce.jpg

I was the early 80's and I was an 18 year old kid when I bought mine. It was cheap as no one wanted front motored cars then. There certainly were no "Nostalgia" classes then. Mine was an ex 1968 top fuel car that i stuck the big block out of my old Camaro (also cheap back then) in. It was 2000 lbs lighter and thus two seconds quicker. The best thing I liked as it was easier to work on with no fenders to hump over. Back the I just lived to go fast cheap. Glad I did it then as it is in no way affordable now.

Going fast isn't cheap that's for sure. I have pictures of a slingshot my grandfather and uncle ran in the 1960's "SNAFU" was its name, and it really was from everything I have heard ha. That was the opening days of the drag strip here. Hell it was an outlaw track for many years until a few years ago.

Another 372 up for sale. I’ve pretty well switched to 390’s across the board so these just sit. Keeping one as that’s all I need.
Built on a mint 02 365 special case with 365 tag still attached, unlimited coil, new 50mm OE top end ported by Mike. It also has the newer Oiler and worm gear. The plastics were like new until recently when I made it my main saw for a shift. The AF cover only has 4 days on it lol much like the last one I sold it’s been initialed so guys in camp leave it alone. Also has the wide discharge clutch cover. Muffler has a stock opening modification and was done quite nicely by someone before me. $750 shipped

72b3567e4d3a48e767b527a8cfbbe522.jpg

3846ace3f3bf4ced38046cc554a31bcd.jpg

e0db09c7168c50835a434a0fb4805197.jpg

Cover and brake handle were trimmed for another muffler just like that last one. Don’t affect nothing.

86da90e804a9b54d2ea3840208e0a6e1.jpg

abeed83695fdab7adf4951ac2d2afeec.jpg

abd82a59e5b37810c859a710a5883894.jpg

a74667bf43b5c1b94eb2b07c7c79902b.jpg

3b1357845b6e52374ad4009b64cf6ffa.jpg
Are you listed in the sac colfax CL ? I've beened tempted to contact the ad but you never know about CL

Latest posts

Back