Milled an unknown wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the last time it isn’t maple!!!! I’ve milled more maple than anything and this isn’t maple. I grew up next to the tree and maple is one of the more popular species in this area. As stated before we have big leaf maple in the PNW and it looks absolutely nothing like the maple you have in your pictures. You state it looks like the maple you have which it almost does, but for the last time I’m letting you know it’s 100% not maple! It’s sycamore, chestnut, etc. I know the general family of tree it is, just don’t know which specific one. The spiked balls came from this tree and not another one, the texture and smell of the wood isn’t even close to maple either. Rant over haha

OK, OK, I'll back off on the maple! I only have your pics to go by, and I'm not a certified anything for tree ID. Just making a guess, and a lot of people get on here asking for a tree id, only to find out later that the leaves they had in the pic weren't from the tree they were asking about, so you can understand my suspicion.

Still, whatever it is, it's awfully pretty. Hope you make something good out of it, or get a good price for it! :clap: :havingarest:

OK, OK, I'll back off on the maple! I only have your pics to go by, and I'm not a certified anything for tree ID. Just making a guess, and a lot of people get on here asking for a tree id, only to find out later that the leaves they had in the pic weren't from the tree they were asking about, so you can understand my suspicion.

Still, whatever it is, it's awfully pretty. Hope you make something good out of it, or get a good price for it! :clap: :havingarest:
Sycamore!

Back