Milled some apple wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A7D88DCD-2936-4332-A7DB-D34EF3D8B619.jpeg
I got a little tinkering to do to mill to get it to cut little nicer. The bridge going across has some wobble and I’m going to lock it down better View attachment 713177View attachment 713178these are my first cuts. Will a ripping chain work better? I’m just usually a general full skip Oregon chain
Moto, I just got started milling this afternoon. I cut a Bradford pear tree down yesterday that I thought was too close to our storm shelter. I didn’t want all the wood to go to the firewood pile so I decided to try my small mill. I used a ripping chain and I was a bit disappointed with the results. I don’t think it was the chain I think it was my set up. It’s definitely a learning experience.

Nice work Those are nice slabs! Hand milled or did the saw have a mill? I have some apple little bigger then that and I was thinking about making a spice shelf with it
I got a granberg small mill, most of what I plan on milling is 10 to 12 inch. I milled the pear wood as a test run. I need to work on my set up for my first cut. I had considered using the pear wood for shelf’s for the wife in the kitchen. A applewood spice shelf would be nice. You’ll have to put some pictures up after you get it made.

Back